Berry's diary

Oh sounds yummy , I am addicted to the belvita biscuits at the moment been having them for weeks

Well I havent updated in a while as I was really ill all of last week after catching a hideous cold last weekend. I am feeling a lot better than I was but still not 100% and this HORRIFIC weather is not helping matters in the slightest.

Upside of feeling AWFUL is that sore throat pretty much scuppered eating anything but porridge and soup for several days and I haven't had alcohol since last weekend.

This weekend was actually not bad at all CC-wise. Usually I would have a treat meal Friday and Saturday but I had got home late from work on Friday and as there was nothing really in the house I managed to somehow resist a takeaway and had tuna salad, 2 crumpets and some of the triple choc M&S cereal as my "treat meal" ... then this weekend I didn't go mad either for eg on saturday I had a tasty homemade curry with 0% yogurt instead of cream in the sauce.

It is my official weigh in tomorrow, I have been doing a bi-weekly Tues&Fri approach and last check was 63.7 . I go away on Sunday and would like to be as near to 60 as I can possibly be by then. I did no exercise last week due to feeling so weak from my cold. I am back to the gym this evening for body pump.

Yesterday

Breakfast
- Banana 95

Lunch
- Eat's Spicy Morrocan Veg soup 184

Dinner
- Hovis small wholemeal toasted x2 114
- Heinz snap pot 160
- Crumpet x2 184
- Peanut butter 95
- Oatbran with honey 250

Snacks
- Alpen light bar 70
- Lemsip 20
- 2x cups of tea 30

Exercise
- Body pump 45 mins
- Walked home 60 mins

I had dipped into 63kg bracket when I weighed on Friday but my official WI is supposed to be Tuesday and I was back to 64.1 this morning ARGH my plan was to be at 60kg by the end of the week which is clearly not going to happen. Am thinking my calories may have dropped too low again and will try andhave more today but am so busy at work have hardly any time to eat and then so tired in the evenings I don't fancy anything big and just want to get to bed as soon as possible.

I have been trying this week to up my calories a bit to see if I can improve my losses as I may have been dipping too low by counting in conjunction with exercise.

Tuesday
B:
Banana 95
Nature valley granola bars 198

L:
Eat chicken noodle soup 145
M&S fuller longer chicken flatbread 255
M&S mixed berries 109

D:
Hovis wholemeal small slice x2 114
Heinz beans snap pot 160
Crumpets x2 184
Peanut butter 95

Total: 1370

Also walked home so netted a bit off via that.

Weds
B:
Banana 95
Tea 15
Belvita yogurt crunch 238

L:
Eat red pepper & goats cheese soup 196
M&S chargrilled calamari 115

D:
M&S Fuller for longer spagetti and meatballs 380
Added 200g of mushrooms to the above 30
Side salad 20
M&S strawberry and white choc cornetto 210

S:
M&S Summer berries 80

Total 1389

Well I was on holiday for a week but it actually wasnt too disasterous... a lot of drinking but as it was Spain and we had a lovely villa food-wise was good, salads and BBQs and tapas.

Weighed yesterday and was 63.9kg so not bad at all!! Downward trend just needs to continue.

As its the olympics I am walking home from work which is a good 7km with quite a bit of uphill so that is handy as it doesnt feel like exercise as I am soooo tired the thought of gym/a run is a total no-go. I have booked into Step and Body Pump on thursday so need to try and catch up on my sleep tonight and tomorrow in preparation. I really want to start swimming more as I have now lost a bit of weight the emphasis needs to move toward toning... any recommendations for toning up?

Back at work means foodwise is more regimental again although I am so holiday blues/knackered I am finding it a bit tough.

Yesterday:
Breakfast
Oatbran 146
Made with hazelnut milk 58
Skinny capp 80

Lunch
Chicken salad from the deli est.600

Dinner
Innocent bombay curry veg pot 296
2x small slices of hovis wholemeal 114
Heinz beans snack pot 160
Cadbury flake icecream 250

Exercise 1hr15 walking

Total 1700ish less exercise

Hey I'm new to cc just lookin at all diarys,glad u had a good holiday :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Stef and welcome! I am currently at my desk daydreaming about the beach again!

Weighed this morning and down to 62.7 - hopefully a few weeks time will see my at 60kg and thats over 10kg gone from when I started woohoo!

Yesterdays diary:

B:
Oatbran 146
Hazelnut milk 58

L:
Tomato soup from the deli (small) est 220
Wispa chocolate bar 215

D:
Moussaka innocent veg pot 258
To which I added:
1/2 pack of M&S puy lentils 163
150g button mushrooms 20
Sprinkle of rocket
Flake icecream 250

S:
40g Bombay Mix 222

E: 2hrs walking

Total approx 1555 less that burnt from the walk

I'd be day dreaming too lol

Well done on ur loss so far!

Today's menu sounds great :D xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Stef- its exciting when you can actually start to notice the difference!

Made a good low calorie dinner yesterday which kind of tasted like junk/comfort food and it was super quick! Inspired by the jacket potatos I used to love from the deli :

Chicken mayo jacket potato - total calories 530 (and I was SOOO full afterward)
1 small organic jacket potato 200
1 packet of sliced roast chicken from M&S which I then diced into small pieces 177
1 tbsp light mayo+ 2 tbsp fat free yogurt or similar + loads of ground black pepper and a sprinkling of salt 105
Iceberg lettuce 13
Cherry tomatos 35

It satisified the junk/comfort food craving I had - I think the mayo/yogurt sauce with seasoning tastes a bit like KFC!

Was pretty good the rest of the day with oatbran in the morning and soup for lunch... plus I did Step&Tone followed by Body Pump at the gym which was knackering.

This morning had one of those evil dreams where you think its Saturday... horrendous... but made it in ok and the tubes have been soooo quiet this week, all that Olympic hype has scared everyone off!

Irritating... my WI this morning and I have gained... back to 63.5 from 62.7 last week :( oh well will keep trucking on.

Yesterday I ate:

B:
Muller light toffee 88
Alpen light summer fruits bar 70

L:
Gujarati red dal soup from Eat 281
Kit kat 233

D:
At a resturant...
Lentil soup 140
Caprese salad 237
1 small macaroon 70

S:
Strawberries 200g 56
Eat natural peanut, cranberries and milk choc bar 190 (these are incredible)
Pom bear crisps 95

Total 1490 but did Body Pump for 45mins and a 1/2 hr brisk walk

Going to keep cals lower today, have had my oatbran and almond milk for breakfast.

Dont be disheartend its not the end of the world still got another week to prove to yourself that you can lose it agian then keep on trucking like you said :)
A little worried about the resturant, they tend to use ingredients that will add alot of calories but tastey ones none the less lol.

omg i love pom bear crisps loved them since i was a kid still do now!

but looks like you are doing quite well so keep at it and am sure you will do good

Yeah I did think the estimates might be slightly off- I used MFP zizzi for the caprese so that should be relatively accurate. The soup was a small bowl and no bread but maybe nearer 200 calories?

Yesterday wasn't great with pombears+kitkat+eat natural bar- usually I would only treat myself to one of the three not all of them!! I blame Monday back to work blues!!

Going to have grilled chicken salad no dressing from the deli which will be 450 cal max I would have thought (lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, green beans, carrot, spoonful of greek salad + grilled chicken)?

Then perhaps soup for dinner and will walk home from work(7km)

Do you boil the eggs and discard the yolks for that?

So true about the weather it has been so drizzly and cold all I want is gallons of warming soup!

I am going to change my WI to Thursday/Friday mornings going forward I think.

This morning: 62.7kg

This week has not been great as one of my friends has had some personal issues going on that have thrown my usual routine off a bit. It meant I ate out on Monday night and have only walked home one night so far this week.

Yesterday was really busy at work which meant I had an awful lunch (thank god for my good breakfast) and I had another commitment in the evening which made my dinner awful as well. Not a good use of calories at all!

B:
Oatbran 146
Almond milk 50

L:
Dairylea dunker 120 (weird- never had one before, it was gross... don't know what came over me)
Raspberries 150g 38
Hartley's jelly 10 (Again- this was not nice... wouldn't get again...)

D:
Got in late from my appointment and was comforting friend so rather bizarre meal of
Heinz snack pot 160
Microwaved poppadom x3 102
Smarties icecream cone 194
Hotel chocolat buttons 251

S:
Eat natural bar 190
Cup of tea 15

So a bit off piste this weekend as was away with bf ... glad WI is changed to Thurs...

Back on track this week food and exercise-wise.

I need to hit 60kg before my next holiday on 1st Sep so really need to up the ante. I am considering tinkering with a low carb approach over the rest of the month but seeing as I love fruit and veg and am not massive on meat - it may prove a bit tricky. I will give it a go though! Any pointers on particular fruit & veg to avoid whilst keeping carb intake low? I think I can avoid the obvious bread/pasta/rice/potatoes but need some greenery and fruit to get me by!

Have been reading diaries on the Paleo/Primal section and find it interesting also find JUDD quite interesting... think I will consider incorporating a dash of thinking from both into my approach. The intermittant fasting suits me quite well on days that I don't fancy breakfast as I can go til 1 or 2pm before eating. Primal suits me in terms of I love fresh food and getting a bit too obsessed with calorie content has seen me get lazy and opt for packaged things where the calorie content is clearly stated.

I am going to try:
- low carb
- little to no processed foodstuffs
- intermittant fasting
- v low cal days vs higher cal days

So I tried my new HRM for the first time yesterday - in Body Pump I burned around 200 calories and through an hour walking about 300.. so MFP has been a little lower (I am always conservative with my effort/timings on there to get a more accurate picture).

Yesterday

No breakfast

Lunch:
Boots shaper mediterranean chicken salad 143 (really tasty) left the dressing because I didn't feel like I needed it :) so probably saved a couple of calories there.
Boots shaper salted popcorn 88
Eat natural apricot yogurt bar 228

Dinner:
Small jacket potato 200
Tuna in spring water 176
Heinz snap pot 160
Baby avocado 200
Flake icecream 250 (I am not buying these anymore they are too amazing and I end up having one every day)

Snacks:
Raspberries 150g 38
Handful of almonds 150

Exercise:
Body pump
1 hr brisk walk

Looking forward to WI in day - I need to see 61kg!!!!! Am going to be v strict from now til Friday.

Decided that I might try and change my scales to stones and pounds as I think this will put things into better context when I compare myself to other people's weekly losses.

I have a client lunch tomorrow which is slight difficult as its at a fancy french resturant where everything is very rich. Small portions though. I will dodge the (amazing) bread and stick to seafood which will hopefully help. Will fast from dinner tonight til that meal, walk home and have something light in the evening.

I also have lunch with my colleagues today and dinner out with a friend. Lunch-wise I am going to try and just have diet coke and see if Boots have the salad I had yesterday because it was delish. Dinner - we were planning on dim sum so not disasterous but difficult to estimate calories properly- I am going to try and persuade them to come to mine for quorn chilli instead as I made it myself and would feel more comfortable about the calorie count. Going to run 5km home this evening with new HRM so that should burn a fair bit- however in order to try and speed up my losses I am going to try not to eat my exercise calories back going forward.

ALSO I am at the end of my pill pack today. When people talk about fluctuations at TOTM- does this include people on the pill? As its technically not a period ? But does the fluid retention still happen? I do get choc craving around this time but that could just be a subconscious thing ha!

Back