Berry's diary

Hi J

Thanks for reading :) I'm finding it pretty slow going weight loss wise but when I look at my MFP graph thingy it is a good downward trend and inspires me to keep going!! I need to concentrate on toning exercises now, I want a lean yoga-y body and flat stomach!

So yesterday's food diary:

Breakfast:
Belvita yogurt crunch 238
Cup of tea 15

Lunch:
Fancy french resturant with clients so v small but rich portions. I had a grilled artichoke starter est 150 cals and fish of the day est 160 cals.
1 bread roll 140
White wine 160
Chocolate truffles x2 120

Dinner:
Baked beans snap pot 160
Homemade chicken kiev 253
Side salad 25
Curly wurly 115
Bounty icecream 66 (INCREDIBLE- but prob shouldn't buy these as so tasty)

Exercise:
Walking at a moderate pace for 2hrs HRM says >400 calories burnt (I still don't quite believe....?)

I have been absolutely STARVING today- eaten too many almonds to try and curb the pangs. I am really craving the M&S triple choc crunch cereal- its sooo bad though like 455 for 100g... I have factored it into today with a small portion of my quorn chilli which is <250. Plus I am doing 45mins Step&Tone followed by 45mins Body Pump followed by 5km brisk walk.

MFP is telling me total food calories 1511 exercise 601 - I will try and resist the M&S treat though

Thank god its Friday tomorrow. ALTHOUGH - just realised it is weigh in tomorrow morning. I am going to switch to stones & lbs or just lbs. Will report back tomorrow with my findings. I have been pretty good this week so will be irritated if I am not a bit down from 62.7 although when I peeked earlier in the week I was up!! It is TOTM though

Irritating +1lb this morning. :( 139lb

I did tons of exercise last night, my HRM monitor said >800 calories burnt (Step&Tone, Body Pump and 1hr walk) - I should never have bought that stupid cereal though as its stupidly high cals.

Yesterday foodwise:

B:
Eat natural yogurt apricot bar 228
Cup of tea 15

L:
Boots shaper mediterranean chicken salad 143
Boots salted popcorn 88

D:
Quorn veggie chilli homemade 250
M&S triple choc chunk cereal & skim milk 650+ (its 455 for 100g I believe and I had a big portion :()

S:
50g almonds 150

MFP was showing total food consumed at 1739 less exercise of 652 so net 1087 (and my HRM confirmed that I actually burnt more cals than that)

ARGHHHHHH so annoying...

Anyway have managed to stay focused and not give in to TOTM and have a Friday cappuccino and crossiant- I am sat here eating a small pot of Total 0% with raspberries and special k mini breaks sprinkled in (total cals 210ish and v filling so far).

Not sure what I will do for lunch but keep it light as poss. I think after this mornings result I don't really deserve a treat this eve so I will probably have a jacket potato.

Irritating +1lb this morning. :( 139lb

I did tons of exercise last night, my HRM monitor said >800 calories burnt (Step&Tone, Body Pump and 1hr walk) - I should never have bought that stupid cereal though as its stupidly high cals.

Yesterday foodwise:

B:
Eat natural yogurt apricot bar 228
Cup of tea 15

L:
Boots shaper mediterranean chicken salad 143
Boots salted popcorn 88

D:
Quorn veggie chilli homemade 250
M&S triple choc chunk cereal & skim milk 650+ (its 455 for 100g I believe and I had a big portion :()

S:
50g almonds 150

MFP was showing total food consumed at 1739 less exercise of 652 so net 1087 (and my HRM confirmed that I actually burnt more cals than that)

ARGHHHHHH so annoying...

Anyway have managed to stay focused and not give in to TOTM and have a Friday cappuccino and crossiant- I am sat here eating a small pot of Total 0% with raspberries and special k mini breaks sprinkled in (total cals 210ish and v filling so far).

Not sure what I will do for lunch but keep it light as poss. I think after this mornings result I don't really deserve a treat this eve so I will probably have a jacket potato.

Don't be disheartened with the 1lb weight gain, you are taking the right steps to loose weight which means in no time at all you'll be at the weight you want! I have had weeks where I gained 3lb and I felt totally rubbish about it :( Do you think it could be down to all the exercise you are doing? :)

x

Had a relatively restrained weekend, no boozing, no meals out. However rather increased icecream intake owing to the beaut weather!

Started off the week well exercise-wise with Body Pump and 45min brisk walk yesterday.

Today so far:

B:
170g pot of Total 0% greek yogurt - 97
150g blueberries - 48
Special k mini breaks -98

The day of yours is looking great.
Am thinking of making a coffee frozen yogurt desert. will see how it turns out!
got rather obsessed with 0% fat yogurt. once you get used to the taste you don't really notice the exclusion of the fat.

And dose indeed have quite a good protein amounts which is all good :D

That dip sounds rather tasty also! will have to give that a try

Yeah its a bit of an acquired taste but with the sweetness of fruit and special k- its very tasty and a lot more filling than a normal yogurt (probably a few less nasty ingrediants too).

I will report back on the dip- I think it will be quite tasty maybe with a squirt of lemon juice as well and lots of black pepper!! MMmm :p

Last edited:
Today's menu:

B:
Total 0% greek yogurt - 97
150g blueberries - 48
Special k mini breaks - 98

L:
Boots shapers mediterranean chicken salad -143
100g turkey breast chunks - 116
20g Boots toffee and chocolate popcorn - 87

D:
Green salad - 20
1/2 Pizza Express at home Gustosa - 220

S:
Pack of special k mini breaks - 98

E:
Body pump 45mins
Yoga 45mins
Brisk walk 45mins

Total food calories 957 - I must really try to only eat 1/2 the pizza and then perhaps have something small for pud to bring me a bit closer to 1200 cals :mad:

Hi :)

Thought I'd come and subscribe to your diary, you food looks great :) mmm pizza :)

Hi Sazbirl - the pizza was so GOOD and I somehow managed to apply the mind control of a ninja and only ate HALF and put half in the fridge! Don't know how I managed it! I really like those at home pizza express ones, I think next time I would add some more mushrooms as they would bulk it out at <50 calories. I did sprinkle some sweetcorn over last night.

This morning I am trying the 'intermittant fasting' thing- although there does seem to be so much conflicting advice about this ie. eating small meals regularly is better, breakfast is so important, blah blah blah. But I am not that peckish so thought I would give it a go especially since I am going out this evening for dinner and drinks - only dim sum so not disasterous & will stick to G&Ts - but will be best if I keep really low cal all day since I won't be hitting the gym.

Well yesterday I fasted til lunch then had the usual 0% yogurt, blueberries and special k minibreaks which I am still loving.

Today I am going to try and keep my carbs down below 50g (which means I am not going to have the usual yogurt combo sadly).

Depending on how it goes, I might try and be quite strict for the rest of this and next week before I go on hols and stick to very low carb to try and give myself a little boost.

I have fasted this morning as just wasn't that hungry following delicious dim sum last night.

So at lunchtime today I am going to go to Waitrose to get some packaged cooked chicken (I tried the stuff from Tesco and nearly gagged it was so soggy).

For dinner this evening I am planning this which is v low carb but hopefully tasty and filling:

Tuna fishcakes
1 tin tuna in spring water 177
2 eggs 140
40g oatbrean 146
Spring onions 20
With a large side salad of lettuce, tomatoes, celery, cucumber and maybe mush up an avocado as a dip/spread type thing for the fishcakes. :)

Although I haven't been watching my carbs at all (been having quite a bit of sugar within my calories recently via special k mini breaks, eat natural bars and cheeky icecreams) I'm not sure whether I might be in ketosis as I am sooooo cold. However my breath is ok - so it may just be the office air con!!

Not long til lunch, hopefully I find something tasty and high protein in waitrose.

Sounds like a good day berry :)
Ive also recently started to use blueberrys in the yogurt its lovely. Mash it up and mix in the yogurt realises the sweetness and tints the yogurt a delicate purple/pink colour.

Them fishcakes soundlush
A recomendation would be to use the two egg whites instead of the whole eggs and you would save over 100 calories alone.
then have somthing else or up the portion for salad for somthing to substitute.

Those fishcakes sound lovely :)

I think I'd lose more weight if I cut the carbs a bit, but I'm a carboholic, might watch how you do and a few weeks before my hol, do low carb to shift a chunk of flab :) xx

I'm going to give the fish cakes a try :)

Cool -let me know how it goes. I am going to add a few chilli flakes in I think.

B:
Cup of tea 15

L:
Waitrose roast chicken mini fillets pesto 304
50g roasted salted pistachios 300

D:
Tuna in spring water 177
1 large egg 70
20g Oatbran 73
Green salad 20

S:
Eat natural bar with peanuts, cranberries and milk choc 190 (I tried so hard to resist this at the 3.30pm struggle but failed)

Total food calories 1149

E:
Step&Tone 45min
Body pump 45min
Brisk walk 45min

MFP is telling me the total carb count for the above is 45 so hopefully that rates as relatively low carb? Obviously the eat natural bar whacked it up massively.

Not in the mood for the gym classes but will persevere and force myself there. Looking forward to trying the tuna cakes this eve, going to use StrawberryMadness' tip and reduce to 1 egg and use another white only if needed.

P.s. Weigh in tomorrow..... I really really hope I am in the 61kg bracket :confused:

WI bit crap- 62.8kg but at least in the 9's stone-wise.

The tuna fishcakes were so scrumptious, low cal, low carb, super easy and quick to make. Plus the recipe could have easily been for two people as it made about 6 patties- I actually ate them all myself with a nice salad. I used one tin of tuna in spring water, 1 medium egg + one egg white, 2 chopped spring onions, two tablespoons of oatbran with chilli flakes and black pepper. A dash of soy sauce would be nice also. So around 300 calories for tasty, filling meal and like I said, you could easily split it into two meals so 150 cals for 3 fishcakes -amaze! :D

However bouyed by my culinary success I then had a bounty icecream and a hazelnut happy hippo - the night before weigh in ! To be fair I had burnt 490 calories during Step&Tone followed by Body Pump so if we are believing the whole eating back exercise calories I was still well within my 1350 target :)

Going to try and be as sensible as poss this bank hol weekend but not going to deprive myself. I have decided to have Christmas as my target which gives me plenty of time to lose around 1lb a week.

Back