Best Book You Have Read

Awwwww i love my kindle! i wouldn't know what to do without it! the Storyteller is the only book i have read by Jodie Picoult, but ive got the all of her books on my kindle! is there any of her books that you would recommend? :)

To be honest I really enjoyed all of them so it's hard to pick and it's been a couple of years since I read them, I think I remember one called House Rules being enjoyable to me and the most recent one I read was called Sing you home, I like them as you never quite know how they will end. My least favourite was Tenth Circle, I read it but just never really got in to it as much as the other but it is still good.

You'll have to let us know how you get on with them x

I also really like the historical books by Philipa Gregory, I loved the Tudor period when I was little and it has stayed with me so I really enjoyed her Tudor novels and she has also done a series about the wars of the roses era and they were good and have recently been made in to a TV series on BBC 1 (The White Queen)

I would recommend reading them in date order of when they are based rather than release date order

If you have a Kindle, sign up with Amazon to send you an email each day with details of the book they are offering for 99p (usually) for just that day.

I have found some really good books that way.

There is one about her mum call something like the lady of the rivers that date wise would come first but it won't matter if you haven't read it first it's just interesting seeing the different people through all the books....The Red Queen and then The Kingmakers Daughter are the next ones and are set at the same time so it doesn't really matter which you read next but I wish I had read Kingmakers Daughter before The Red Queen, there is also a newer one out which would come after these, I won't put anything about it just in case anyone else reads this but doesn't know what happens in the other books/history, I haven't read that yet as I am waiting for it to be out in paperback and I am really looking forward to it.

PS I love you :)

Only book ever to have made me laugh out loud and sob hysterically. Beautiful!

Recently read Jojo moyes's 'Me before you' and I don't usually cry reading books but I was sobbing at the end! I got it cos it was on special offer. Not the best book I've read but definitely in my top 20! I love chris manby and Liz youngs books

I bought one today called The Midwifes Confession but havent started it yet. I looks very good

I also really like the historical books by Philipa Gregory, I loved the Tudor period when I was little and it has stayed with me so I really enjoyed her Tudor novels and she has also done a series about the wars of the roses era and they were good and have recently been made in to a TV series on BBC 1 (The White Queen)

I would recommend reading them in date order of when they are based rather than release date order

You'll probably love Forever Amber by Kathleen Winsor, if you enjoy historical novels. It's a brilliant book!

Kathy

Is it worth buying a kindle. I have a progressive eye condition and i can only buy certain books due to the font size being to small in some books. Can u increase font on the kindle xx

Is it worth buying a kindle. I have a progressive eye condition and i can only buy certain books due to the font size being to small in some books. Can u increase font on the kindle xx

Yes, on my kindle you can change the font, the line spacing, words per line on the screen and also the screen rotation x

I bought one today called The Midwifes Confession but havent started it yet. I looks very good

That was the first one I read and I really enjoyed it, I am sure you will like it too :) I also echo what awesome cupcake says you can change font etc for Kindles to make them easier to use. My 70 something year old mother in law has one and she loves it because she had been struggling with the small fonts and can now read all of her books again. We both have the Kindle Fire HD and would highly recommend them, expensive but good.

You'll probably love Forever Amber by Kathleen Winsor, if you enjoy historical novels. It's a brilliant book!

Kathy

Thanks for the tip Kathy, I will look that up x

Are the books expensive for kindles xx i bought a few paperbacks lately

There are a lot of free books to download on the Kindle. Amazon always have books on promotion and a lot of them are 99p! I find that Kindle books are cheaper than buying the real book version :) Plus they are there in front of you instantly!

Some are better than others but it depends on your personal taste. The best thing would be to have a good look at the Kindle section of the amazon website and see what you think, it will also show you the available kindles so you can see what would be best for your needs. In the forum section there is a daily thread of new free books too

I have had two Kindles and I didn't buy either through Amazon, i got them both at Tesco. The first I use lots of clubcard vouchers along with a spend x amount and get x amount off voucher, the second I again used clubcard vouchers and ordered it online an online discount code with free delivery to my local store so saved about 15-20% off each compared to buying direct through Amazon

Wherever you get it from, if you decide to get one, you do need an amazon account x

Back