Best bread?

LauraLoo

Silver Member
Hello all!

Not been about here for a while, am going to update info later and say hello properly, but rejoined WW this morning and struggling a bit getting my head round the propoints...can anyone advise the best bread now to buy? It seems WW stuff has the same points as wholemeal medium sliced normal bread? Is that right?!

What bread will I be the most filling from lower points now?! help!

Thanks! x

Crusts away are 1 point per slice as is weight watchers & nimble bread.

If you have 2 slices, it's 3 points and 4 slices is 5 points.

Ordinary bread works out at 2 per slice, 5 for 2 slices and 10 for 4 slices.

Hope that makes sense. Lately I've been buying nimble. I needed a change as I have been eating ww'ers bread for months. I find it a bit denser than the ww'ers bread too so feel more satisfied.

Hope this helps

Ordinary bread works out at 2 per slice, 5 for 2 slices and 10 for 4 slices.

I've just put in 2 slices of wholemeal bread into my tracker on the ww site and it's come up as 4 points, not 5? What am I doing differently?

I've just put in 2 slices of wholemeal bread into my tracker on the ww site and it's come up as 4 points, not 5? What am I doing differently?

I checked by brand, Kingsmill and Hovis, which I think are the too main brands and I checked both. It is for a medium sliced loaf, but if you go for the little loaves with the small slices it is 3 pp for 2 slices. I suppose it depends on what you buy xx

I made the mistake of buying the new oat bread yesterday, I think it's Kingsmill. When I pointed it up last night, 1 slice was 3 pps whereas the Best of Both works out at 2pps.

Just to say thanks, I bought Warburtons medium wholemeal loaf...info as follows:

Protein 4.1g
Carbs 16g
Fat 1g
Fibre 2.6g

per slice. Esource says 0 pts...:argh: Shop book says 2??

iWatchr says 2.5 so do I round to 3?

Maybe it's just a sign, shouldn't be eating bread, haha!

I just done that info on my WW calculator, it comes up with 2pp

Just go with that :)

My calculator says 5, if that annoys you why dont you go and get some Kingsmill Wholemeal medium loaf, its 2pp for 1 slice and its still 4pp for 2 slices :) Its what I use.

No problem, and I meant normal wholemeal bread, forget that kingsmill one I just said go get a co-op wholemeal bread. Thats what I was meant to say Sorry.

i dont know if ive got this correct or not but, Warburtons Medium Sliced White Bread is 2pp for one slice or 3pp for two???

for one slice values;
protein 2.4
carbs 10.7
fat 0.5
fibre 0.6

sure if you double all these values it comes to 3pp ?? meaning two slices would be that?? hopefully fingers crossed unless i have got it wrong :D

may also want to check the wholemeal one;

Warburtons Wholemeal Bread Medium Sliced 400G (both the 400g loaf btw)

protein 2.5
carbs 9.7
fat 0.6
fibre 1.5

thats for one slice this is a strange one this one for me states 1pp for one, or... 3pp for 2?!?! :-/ surely cant be right lmao

Last edited:
i dont know if ive got this correct or not but, Warburtons Medium Sliced White Bread is 2pp for one slice or 3pp for two???

for one slice values;
protein 2.4
carbs 10.7
fat 0.5
fibre 0.6

sure if you double all these values it comes to 3pp ?? meaning two slices would be that?? hopefully fingers crossed unless i have got it wrong :D

may also want to check the wholemeal one;

Warburtons Wholemeal Bread Medium Sliced 400G (both the 400g loaf btw)

protein 2.5
carbs 9.7
fat 0.6
fibre 1.5

thats for one slice this is a strange one this one for me states 1pp for one, or... 3pp for 2?!?! :-/ surely cant be right lmao

Yep, my calculator says its 3pp, might have to get some of this bread lol!

And the wholemeal one, my calc says 1pp for 1 and 3pp for 2. Weird huh!

ALSO :D

Warburtons B/Pool Milk Roll Sliced White Bread 400G

I LOVE THE MILK ROLL BREAD! :p

1 slice 1pp.... 2 slices ... 2pp :D

i think might wanna check :)

protein 2
carbs 8.3
fat 0.5
fibre 0.4

ALSO :D

Warburtons B/Pool Milk Roll Sliced White Bread 400G

I LOVE THE MILK ROLL BREAD! :p

1 slice 1pp.... 2 slices ... 2pp :D

i think might wanna check :)

protein 2
carbs 8.3
fat 0.5
fibre 0.4

Yes that is correct :D

Warburtons Danish Sliced White Bread 400G

i make it 1 slice 2pp two slices 3pp

p-2.7
c-11.8
fat-0.3
f-0.7

hehe thankyouu!! :) haven't got calculator on me atm working it out through the cals / 40 method! looks like it really works :D

oh and not bread but, Tesco Italiano 12 Garlic Bread Bites 175G 3 bites = 4pp! gorgeous me thinks if you cant find the ww ones ( which are 4pp for 4 dough balls :D )

ALSO: Tesco Stonebaked Garlic Pizza Bread 170G 1/2 pizza = 8pp so only 16pp for whole of it, ace me thinks :D love my garlic bread hehe half of this with a ww italian meal which are around 7/8 pp so only about 15pp for big meal that will fill you up a lot!! probably only need 1/4 of the pizza with meal tbh so 4pp :D better than the garlic slices i think :p

Back