Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Best day to weigh in?

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Weekly Weigh In' started by dudette2001uk, 2 May 2010 Social URL.

1. dudette2001uk

dudette2001uk I will be a Princess!

Start Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi there,

I'm doing SW by myself at home, so I was wondering when is the best day to weigh in?

I started on a Monday, so I suppose I ought to weigh on a Monday, but I'm thinking that a Friday weigh in would be better for me. It might keep me on track all week, and then I can relax a bit on Saturday night (not too much though! ;)

Any advice?

Sian xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sally_Cinnamon

Sally_Cinnamon doesn't have a witty name

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.1%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It's horses for courses, I think. When I did WW, my class was on a Monday at 4pm--which was a real pain for me as it was straight after the weekend and I felt placed a real pressure on me to be supergood during the weekend which made me more inclined to be less careful with my eating. Plus, I naturally find that I eat more when I'm at home during the day which I generally am at the weekend.

I'm doing SW on my own now, and started it on a Saturday so I weight myself on Saturday morning. I didn't plan this, it just worked out that way. Now, I've only been back at it for a week, so I've only had one weigh in but I admit I've felt much less pressure this weekend than I did on WW. Admittedly, I ate a bit more than I intended to yesterday (we had a family get-together and some unexpected desserts... ) but I've synned it as best I can and I know I have a week to compensate for it my cutting back on my syns for the next couple of days. I feel much more in control as a result.

But, like anything, I'm sure it comes down to what works best for you. One of the nice things about my Monday weigh-in (that I can't rely on now) was that on Monday nights I meet my knitting group in a local eaterie called Panera. They make the most amazing food and I always used to treat myself by having tea there with my friends, and used to splurge on their macaroni cheese and half a chicken, almond and apple sandwich. Yum. I don't feel I can do that now that my weigh day has shifted, if that makes sense?

Either way, you'll figure out something that best suits you :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.