Best day to weigh in?

dudette2001uk

I will be a Princess!
Hi there,

I'm doing SW by myself at home, so I was wondering when is the best day to weigh in?

I started on a Monday, so I suppose I ought to weigh on a Monday, but I'm thinking that a Friday weigh in would be better for me. It might keep me on track all week, and then I can relax a bit on Saturday night (not too much though! ;)

Any advice?

Sian xx

It's horses for courses, I think. When I did WW, my class was on a Monday at 4pm--which was a real pain for me as it was straight after the weekend and I felt placed a real pressure on me to be supergood during the weekend which made me more inclined to be less careful with my eating. Plus, I naturally find that I eat more when I'm at home during the day which I generally am at the weekend.

I'm doing SW on my own now, and started it on a Saturday so I weight myself on Saturday morning. I didn't plan this, it just worked out that way. Now, I've only been back at it for a week, so I've only had one weigh in but I admit I've felt much less pressure this weekend than I did on WW. Admittedly, I ate a bit more than I intended to yesterday (we had a family get-together and some unexpected desserts... ) but I've synned it as best I can and I know I have a week to compensate for it my cutting back on my syns for the next couple of days. I feel much more in control as a result.

But, like anything, I'm sure it comes down to what works best for you. One of the nice things about my Monday weigh-in (that I can't rely on now) was that on Monday nights I meet my knitting group in a local eaterie called Panera. They make the most amazing food and I always used to treat myself by having tea there with my friends, and used to splurge on their macaroni cheese and half a chicken, almond and apple sandwich. Yum. I don't feel I can do that now that my weigh day has shifted, if that makes sense?

Either way, you'll figure out something that best suits you :)

Back