Best exercise for weight loss

i don't think there is a single "best" exercise. It's more about what works best for you, both physicaly and mentally. For me, incline walking on a treadmill burns tons of calories without stressing my joints. I also find the Stairmaster to be the ultimate in calorie crushing. Find an exercise you enjoy and which gets your heart rate elevated (70-80% of max heart rate) for 30-40 mins and keep at it.

One that you will stick to ;)
Exercise that works the large muscle groups - thighs, bum, shoulders or have you jumping up and down and getting your heartrate right up burn the most calories. So, depending on how fit you are anything like fast walking, jogging, workout DVDS.

It's also worth considering that building lean muscle will help you burn more calories whilst inactive, so some weight routines if you have access to a gym and instructor would help you.

As for workout DVDs - Davina's are supposed to be good. If you're fitter, then 30 day shred and others by the same instuctor (jillian michaels) are apparently very effective, or you could try something like Tae Bo. If you have access to something like Lovefilm you could maybe try a few before you commited to buying.

Hope that helps :)

the insanity workout!

Back