Best exercise for weight loss

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by Baby_Cakes, 23 September 2011 Social URL.

1. Baby_Cakes

Baby_Cakes Dave's little girl

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(12.84%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting & Exercise!
    What is it?

does anyone recommend any at home fitness DVDs that really work?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. pianoforte

pianoforte Member

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(14.69%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating during week
    i don't think there is a single "best" exercise. It's more about what works best for you, both physicaly and mentally. For me, incline walking on a treadmill burns tons of calories without stressing my joints. I also find the Stairmaster to be the ultimate in calorie crushing. Find an exercise you enjoy and which gets your heart rate elevated (70-80% of max heart rate) for 30-40 mins and keep at it.

4. Stringerbelle

Stringerbelle Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    One that you will stick to ;)
    Exercise that works the large muscle groups - thighs, bum, shoulders or have you jumping up and down and getting your heartrate right up burn the most calories. So, depending on how fit you are anything like fast walking, jogging, workout DVDS.

It's also worth considering that building lean muscle will help you burn more calories whilst inactive, so some weight routines if you have access to a gym and instructor would help you.

As for workout DVDs - Davina's are supposed to be good. If you're fitter, then 30 day shred and others by the same instuctor (jillian michaels) are apparently very effective, or you could try something like Tae Bo. If you have access to something like Lovefilm you could maybe try a few before you commited to buying.

Hope that helps :)

5. gina_b

gina_b Les Mills Fitness Freak

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    herbalife
    the insanity workout!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.