Best form of exercise

MrsPopi

Banned
What is the best and most beneficial form of exercise?

Gym workout, wii fit session, running session, fitness dvd? What do you think and why?

Ive just got a cross trainer off ebay 3 weeks ago and I love it. I think cardio and some muscle building are the best. the wii fit aint really that good hardly burn any calories. Ex dvds are great but I prefer to watch normal tv when on cross trainer or stepper.

I get bored doing the same exercise day after day so I'd say the best form for me is all that you've mentioned, just mixed up a bit. I like going to the gym once or twice a week, but if I went more I'd get bored. I walk and play badminton, and occasionally treat myself to an aerobics session :D

My advice would be to do the exercise that you most enjoy that way you're more likely to stick with it :)

Good luck

x

I agree with Chelle. The best exercise is whichever one you enjoy and want to keep doing.

Personally, I most enjoy going to the gym and I'm starting to add running because these are things that you can see progress in by adding weight/reps/time/distance etc. I can't take the DVDs seriously when I watch them... no-one looks that happy doing an exercise class... at least not until it's over!! :)

I agree with Chelle. The best exercise is whichever one you enjoy and want to keep doing.

Personally, I most enjoy going to the gym and I'm starting to add running because these are things that you can see progress in by adding weight/reps/time/distance etc. I can't take the DVDs seriously when I watch them... no-one looks that happy doing an exercise class... at least not until it's over!! :)

Hahahaha....not until it's over :D Classic :D

My advice would be to do the exercise that you most enjoy that way you're more likely to stick with it. :)

x

That's my philosophy too! :D

When it comes to exercise, the main thing is to do something you'll keep on doing. Exercise is different for everyone. Some people like pounding the treadmill; playing team sports; mountain climbing; aerobics; dancing... the possibilities are endless. :)
So long as you're exercising, it's all good - just do whatever you enjoy.

My favourite forms of exercise are swimming and walking. (I've lost nearly 2 stone before when my only exercise was walking! True, I put it all on again when I came to uni, but meh.)
With all the snow at the moment (especially here in the north of Scotland!) I've decided to stick with swimming for the moment, and replace walking with workout DVDs.
Some people may laugh, but I actually like Mr Motivator aerobics workouts. :D

My plan is to reward myself at a certain weight (assuming I've saved up enough money by then too!) with a crosstrainer. I turn 21 in February, so I've got to treat myself, right? :p

So yeah, I agree with Chelle - the best form of exercise is the one you'll stick with. :)

Another vote for Chelle!Years ago I got a Rosemary Conley VHS tape :eek:. It used to crease me at first but I could do it easily within a couple of months, so I joined a gym. Went religiously 4 times a week for a year, got bored stopped put the weight on!
Moved , joined another gym, went for a year , stopped, guess what?
!8 months ago I got a Wii. Wii fit didn't challenge me much so I got Sports active and totally changed my shape in 3 months, I was abit obssessive about it.
Now after a prolonged illness I'm starting Wii fit plus to break myself in gently. I "ran" round the island today while watching the snow come down!
I think you should try different things without commiting yourself at first. You can borrow fitness dvd's from the library, or lovefilm. Gyms should give you a taster session. I'd try the council one first as you can usually pay per session. It's horses for courses really.
Altho now would be a good time to learn to ski :D

Altho now would be a good time to learn to ski :D

Tee hee :D
With all the snow recently, the ski places here in Aberdeenshire were hoping for a really good run... until they realised that, being outside of town, the roads hadn't been cleared so no one could actually get there to ski. Whoops. :p

Mixing it up a bit is always a good idea for me. I tend to get bored too easily and haven't yet found an exercise I like so much that I stick to it long term. Convenience is also high on my list. For that reason I quite like Wii exercise games, especially in winter. I like them even better using extras like a fit ball and hand weights for variety and I'm also getting a step for the Wii soon as the stepping exercise is ineffectual at normal balance board height.

ive been going to workout classes at the gym like zumba, bums legs & tums, aquaerobics - just generally trying things out - i like zumba its fun but i dont feel like im raelly really sweating like i do when i do bums legs and tums - that killed me for abotu 6 days afterwards!! and i do walk everywhere aswell! i had a wiifit but sold it as i just neverused it in the end! x

Back