Best of Barcelona

colleenfrompa

Has anyone been to Barcelona? Can you recommend any hotels, districts, things to see, places to eat... so excited about spending our first anniversary there and don't know where to start with the planning!

Hi we stayed outside & travelled in on the train it's a lovely city you can jump on buses & see all the sights getting off when you want
The street entertainers are amazing
Have fun

Last edited:
I'm going to Barcelona in September & we are staying outside. We are hoping to use the trains a lot. A friend of mine said they were hard to use. How did you find them?

Bear in mind we travelled from Italy to France last year on the train ok & OH works on the railway so he knows whats happening. But I would appreciate your comments.:D

I've been to Barcelona once and loved it!
Must see is Gaudi's Cathedral (not to be confused with the other cathedral which is more central) and of course a trip to Las Ramblas (central part with all of the street artists etc). The architecture in the streets up to the cathedral is just fantastic.
The cable car from Mountjuic is incredible (if not a little scary!), you end up by the beaches and can then walk into the centre.
I stayed quite centrally, but remember that the tube was really easy and very convenient.
However, I did go to Valencia last year and the tube had changed systems - luckily we found someone who spoke English to help!!!
I do hope that you have a wonderful time - take good walking shoes, because there is just so much to see!!!!

I lived there for a few months a few years ago, lovely place. I can highly recommend Montserrat for a day trip if you are there for a good while and fancy a day trip out of the city, it takes about an hour by train from Espanya train station, I think, and you then take a cable car or funicular. It's a really beautiful jagged mountain with a monastery. I'm not usually into that kind of thing usually but it was nice to get some calm and some fresh air outside of the manic city!

And another tip is do not eat on the Rambles. I had an amazing meal at a restaurant in Raval but I can't for the life of me remember the name or where exactly it was.

Back