best salad ever :-)

chocoina

HI,
Here's one of my favourite salads ever. We eat it alot in Germany, especially at BBQ's. No syns !!!

You need:
1x cucumber
low fat yoghurt
Dill (dried or fresh)
Salt and sweetener

Instructions:
Peel the cucumber, half it lenght way and take a little tea spoon to scratch out the seeds. Than cut it in very thin slices, add as much yoghurt as you like, add some dill. Season with a bit of salt and sweetener. Leave it in the fridge for 1/2 hour, ready.
I know it sounds strange, but it's lovely. Enjoy

ooohh chocoina ...
That sound like my kind of thing mmmmmmmmm
Can I be cheeky :D-are you Germna born?
If so would you of your family have a recipe for Kraut salat ? I don't like saur kraut but adore the fresh one kraut salat...
I know it is white cabbage, onion, green pepper, vineagar, sugar oil -but don't know a recipe...
thanks for your help in advance....

Hi Capricon,

I've just seen that you're living in Germany, didn't know that there's Slimming World. Yes, I am German, from Berlin.
Found a lovely Krautsalad recipe for you.

You need:
1x small cabbage
1x onion
oil
white wine vinegar
Salt & Pepper
Sweetener

Instructions:
Shred or cut the cabbage and onion in very thin slices. Add seasonings and only 1 tbsp of oil.

I would leave it for at least an hour in the fridge so that the cabbage softens. Also some lean (in fry light) fried bacon cubes are also nice with it.

In Bavaria they add caraway seed to it.
Just try and see.

Enjoy :)

Hi there

We are over here with the forces -and you can get classes on camp but Im doing it online.
Thanks for that recipe :D Im thinking that white wine vinegar might be that "something" I couldn't put my finger on -I just thought they used ordinary ..
Guess I will be buying a whire cabbage tomorrow -I love kraut salat but when you work it out the one I get is 1.5syns for 50g :cry:-not much I know -but when I used to sit and have a tub for my lunch :eek:(pre- SW of course) -this way I can make a huge vat of it for just 1tbs of oil :D
Thankyou soooooo much

No problem, by the way, if you want the Krautsalad really juicy you have to leave it to soak for a bit longer.
Should you need more German recipes let me know.
:)

I used to live in Germany too, In Osnabruck, when my ex husband was in the forces... I could never do SW over there though, there are tooo many nice foods!! I couldn't stop myself eating the mayo in the tubes LOL... I'm putting lbs on just THINKING about all the good food I used to eat while there!

Hi Helen,
Tell me about it. I'm going to Germany in August and you can't believe what's already going on in my head. I'm dreaming of Schnitzel, Kassler, dumplings, Spaetzle, ....
Oh god, I bet I'll put on at least 10 pounds lol

oohhh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Mummy Helen -I love the mayo :eek:-I have given it up as it was 80% fat -but god it tastes good :8855:I worked it out to be 5.5syns a Tbs -it is worth it though ;)
Chocoina -I love schnitzel ..ooohh frikadellas .and hubbies weakness (although not German) the good old gyros... and the fact that nearly all German supermarkets have bakeries in the front doesn't help :D
I will be leaving the cabbage to soak for ages mmmmmm

OMG!!!! Just poppng in between concerts ............. I haven't had kassler for years! I used to love it!!! I used to love stopping at the "schnellies" as we called them (Schnell Imbiss I think they were properly known as) and having a currywurst or zigeunerwurst and chips!!!! I used to work in JHQ and there was a Dutch canteen in the basement - their ham and cream cheese rolls and frikadellen were to die for!!! Not to mention the lovely cakes in all the supermarkets and local bakeries, plus the cheap drinks!!!! It was a miracle I wasn't the size of a house, but I was running round after 2 kids and doing aerobics and swimming about 4 times a week, so that's probably why!!!! :-D

Kassler

OMG, I'd kill for Kassler. Is there a place in England where I could get it?????
I'd be even able to do it syn free :D

OMG, I'd kill for Kassler. Is there a place in England where I could get it?????
I'd be even able to do it syn free :D
I love Kassler -it always reminds me of fat juicy smoked bacon :p

try the german deli online, just put german deli into google, they post things out, i orderd a few things from them while we were in wales, like curry ketchup for the little one, spaetzle, and german leber wurst yum

and leberkaese oh my...........just checked for you and they have kassler

Feeling homesick :'(

I would kill for leberkaes...my mum often sends me a german survival food parcel but she can't send any meat...sigh...

At least we have a german bakery here:)

HI,
Here's one of my favourite salads ever. We eat it alot in Germany, especially at BBQ's. No syns !!!

You need:
1x cucumber
low fat yoghurt
Dill (dried or fresh)
Salt and sweetener

Instructions:
Peel the cucumber, half it lenght way and take a little tea spoon to scratch out the seeds. Than cut it in very thin slices, add as much yoghurt as you like, add some dill. Season with a bit of salt and sweetener. Leave it in the fridge for 1/2 hour, ready.
I know it sounds strange, but it's lovely. Enjoy

ah yes! I have made this twice this week and couldn't for the life of me remember where I had seen it! It is DELICIOUS I have made mine using 0% Total and it is so creamy and yummy. I have also made a variety using a pepper mill that I have with a chilli, garlic, lemon blend in it instead of the dill and mmmmmm, I bet this would be great with all kinds of variations. Thank you for sharing! I have just made some to take to my groups buffet evening!

Back