Best way to avoid constipation???

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Ricepop, 26 February 2008 Social URL.

1. Ricepop

Ricepop Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The last times I've been on CD I've had quite a problem with constipation, I'm starting again at the end of the week and would like to avoid this happening again.

Any tips????

Thanks Gemx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Hi Ricepop

I used to put the Fibre89 in my soups everyday and also glugging the water helps too. Some people swear by psyllium husks.

Gx

4. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

increase your water intake - try for 4 litres a day. Make some of it sparkling water if you can bear it as it seems that the minerals can help some people.

Use the water flavourings as they contain inulin which acts like a bulking agent/fibre and can help some people.

If you are prone to constipation and you previously drank enough water, etc. then take preventative action in the form of psyllium husks/fibre 89. They work as a prevention not a cure of constipation. It is important to drink water when you take the husks too.

Exercise helps. "Eating" at regular times helps.

Remember that you might not be needing to go every day and you might not produce much when you do go. You aren't eating as much so that is to be expected. Signs of true constipation are diarrhoea (yep, diarrhoea can indicate constipation) or pain/inability to have a bowel movement despite feeling the need to .... not necessarily constipated just because you aren't going every one or two days.

if none of that helps you then you will have to try ducolax or something.

5. Ricepop

Ricepop Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks, having been to my CDC today I have bought some of the fibre stuff, so I'll be using that

Gemx

6. rowanx2

rowanx2 Losing the baby fat

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    The Get into a Swimsuit Diet
    I'm not on your diet, but I used fibre poweder yesterday and i cn honestly say its good stuff. you just add it to a drink or whatever.
    i had to take a laxative the other week and it didnt really work, but this soluble fibre which you cn use everyday and doesnt cause any upsets is magnificent.

7. eatlessweighless

eatlessweighless Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.78%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    I have found that nothing will make me go, and I was an everyday girl before!!

So I have to resort to the dulcolax I'm afraid, nothing else is strong enough.

Everyone is so completely different, its worth trying the fibre and psyllium husks to see how your body reacts.

Good luck. That sounds so wrong!!

Theresa x

8. rowanx2

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Good luck. That sounds so wrong!!

LOL i know, like wishing you well, let us know what happens:eek:

9. Time4ME

Time4ME MUST get a grip

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I'm now taking senna DAILY.... first 2 weeks of the diet, constant dialeeeeeeeeeeer, then nothing then dialeeeeeeeeeeer again, now unless I take laxatives (not excessively) I dont go for a bloddy week - which is most uncomfortable!

10. BIG BIRDY

BIG BIRDY Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    bowels - not nice. I found that the fibre 69 gives me tornado belly that everyone can hear! Nettle tea is also supposed to help!

11. rowanx2

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    dont forget when youre not putting as much in there is less to come out so its only natural that you poop less. my mum was a 3 times a day gal, now she's lucky if she goes every 2 days and its freaked her out.
    i think its called fibresure i'm taking - i got a trial pack from asda.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.