Best way to make soup!

Chelles

I'm having soup today for the first time and was wondering if there is a better way to make it?

I learnt with the shakes that more water and blended with ice made them taste soooo much nicer so wondering if there is also a secret to making the soups!

I have chicken & leek and potato not sure which I'm gonna have yet. Any suggestions as to which one is nicer?

I didn't get on well with the leeks & potato but I suppose we're all different.
Generally the soups are similar to.the shakes, they're nicer tasting if you add a bit more water to them.
Also you can add dried herbs/ chilli and pepper to taste.
Oriental chilli is my favourite so far x

I love the l&p and have it with just a mug full of water hot not boiling and hand blended. I add more water to all my shakes at least a pint it all counts towards you water intake.
Everyone is different with what they like so just try everything at least once.

I asked about this a while ago, and was recommended to get a aerolatte whisk, which is available on amazon.

I do soups as follows now, sprinkle powder onto hot water, blast with the aerolatte till the powder's all absorbed, give it a good stir scraping round the bottom of the mug to get any bits off, then another blast with the aerolatte = perfect soup.

Watch out for tomato chilli, that one's different and you're not meant to use a whisk or blender as it will go frothy.

I've heard of people adding tabasco, black pepper or curry powder as extra flavouring, which I think is allowed although I've not tried it.

I just use a fork and bung enough water in to make a paste and then gradually top up, similar to making a white sauce!

Went for normal amount of water and blended with a blender. Had chicken and mushroom. Rather yummy!!

They only say don't use a blender for H&S they don't want to be blamed if you splash yourself with hot water. I don't mine it a little frothy I just mix it with a spoon after and the bubbles go.

I just bung it all in a cup, top with hot water and aerolatte the hell out of it. Works a treat. Make sure you scrape around the bottom as you can get lumps there.

I found the tomato soup went grainy however - I think with that one you are supposed to make a paste with cold water and then top up with hot, don't blend/whisk.

Adding tabsaco/herbs/pepper does make a difference and I think its allowed - no garlic though...

My favourite soup by far is the oriental chilli. I can't put my finger on exactly what it tastes like but its sort of a cross between a curry, a pho soup and a pot noodle.

Back