best way to make soups ?

owens3116

jst got one from my consultant today to try something warming !! She said to mx to a paste first with cold water then add your hot water does it jst need a stir or am i best with my handblender ?
thankyou

Hiya lisa, with mine I just put the amount of hot water in a mesuring jug and with a whisk stir in the soup it doesnt leave any lumps or anything, unlike the sweet shakes doing this they go real lumpy better use a blender for them ;)

I mix mine with cold (tap) water for about 15 secs in a blender first using about 3/4 pint of water (which fits my soup bowl exactly). I find this usually gets rid of any lumps.

Then I pour the soup mix into a saucepan and warm it through VERY gently until it's hot but NOT boiling.

Transfer to soup bowl - and enjoy! :)

yeah my cnd councller said i had to blend it wth cold water first as if u jst pour boliing water straight on u lose the nutriants in them

Yes that's true - boiling water can destroy some of the nutrients, which is why you should heat the soup until it's hot but DON'T let it boil.

I've only ever heated the soups in a saucepan, but if you use kettle water let it boil but leave the water for a minute or two to cool before mixing :)

Lisa

I boil the kettle, pour the correct amount into a jug and leave it for a few minutes then add the soup, it mixes ok with a hand whisk and doesn't leave any lumps.

Susan x

Back