Best way to plan for nighy out

Traceyb

Hi all,

I have my first night out planned on Saturday since I started SW. We are going for a honest and I plan to have a few drinks.

What is the best way to handle this. Save syns all week towards it or have the night 'off'?? I never know if you are allowed to save syns towards these sort of things.

Any advice is brilliant,
Thanks, tracey

Sorry have moved to a sub forum x.

Last edited:
I tend to save mine especially if I know I'm eating out my C said this was fine to do, it's each to their own really some people just have a flexi syn day where they don't count syns, fall off the plan for a day but so long as they get back on plan the next day, I would prefer not to do that as I would probably struggle. I drink a single Smirnoff vodka rather than go for house doubles as it's prob about the same strength and therefore save myself syns and have it with a slimline tonic (not sure what your preferred drink of choice is but try to stick to clear spirits they tend to have the least syns) so a long drink keeps me going longer too and I'm not back at the bar topping up every 5 minutes! I'd say those are my best tips I'm trying to think of some myself busy next few weeks coming up :sigh:

Something that is working for me is I go out and tell myself, "tonight I'm allowing myself 60 Syns" and stick to that limit/have a good idea of what tots up to 60 Syns and then back on the wagon the next day. So while I can really enjoy myself it still feels like a controlled enjoyment and that I'm not giving myself free reign....something which for me would lead me back into old habits. Psychologically this is the way that works for me as I never feel like I've blown it all the next day. Every time I've done this (about once a fortnight) I always lose a couple of pounds.

Something that is working for me is I go out and tell myself, "tonight I'm allowing myself 60 Syns" and stick to that limit/have a good idea of what tots up to 60 Syns and then back on the wagon the next day. So while I can really enjoy myself it still feels like a controlled enjoyment and that I'm not giving myself free reign....something which for me would lead me back into old habits. Psychologically this is the way that works for me as I never feel like I've blown it all the next day. Every time I've done this (about once a fortnight) I always lose a couple of pounds.

Totally agree ^ this is what I did last week and I still managed a loss of 3lb I had 58 syns on the Saturday and kept to low syn hangover treats the next day, mini milkas, quavers etc as this is usually my downfall the next day! I was still having 8/10 syns a day too but I've reigned that in this week to see what result I have on weigh in next week see if saving my syns make much difference... You still need to have a life and that is the beauty of SW think it of as making smart choices i.e. vodka and mixer and not a pint of lager ir cider, chicken and vegetables rather than chips, these small changes make all the difference :p

I agree again! I went out drinking (only vodka and cokes but LOTS) and then panicked about how many syns I'd used. I then deprived myself of syns for the rest of the week (down to mx 5) to try and limit the damage, but depriving myself made me want food more and I ended up only losing 0.5 as I was snacking more to compensate.

I used to be able on average lose 2lbs a week with a massive drinking sesh every Friday night, using flexisyns of around 50 and then eating on plan the rest of the week. I'm off out tomorrow and will be doing the same with plenty of exercise and water :)

I agree again! I went out drinking (only vodka and cokes but LOTS) and then panicked about how many syns I'd used. I then deprived myself of syns for the rest of the week (down to mx 5) to try and limit the damage, but depriving myself made me want food more and I ended up only losing 0.5 as I was snacking more to compensate.

I used to be able on average lose 2lbs a week with a massive drinking sesh every Friday night, using flexisyns of around 50 and then eating on plan the rest of the week. I'm off out tomorrow and will be doing the same with nplenty of exercise and water :)

How many syns do you have daily when you're doing this Skulldilocks? I need to be able to have Friday nights out too!

I do about 8-10. Plenty of superfree and as much speed as i can. So this week for example I have made sure to order in some watermelon and strawberries to boost it. :)

I used to be able on average lose 2lbs a week with a massive drinking sesh every Friday night, using flexisyns of around 50 and then eating on plan the rest of the week. I'm off out tomorrow and will be doing the same with plenty of exercise and water :)

It's working for me and I'm having 15 Syns a day as well as the occasional (controlled) blow-out. I know I couldn't go out, enjoy 60 Syns and then have to restrict myself for the rest of the week, it would just defeat the purpose of going out and enjoying yourself. Much better psychologically to plan the blow-out, enjoy every moment and keep on plan while enjoying your Syns the rest of the time.

I'm loosing about 2lbs a week now. I probably could theoretically lose quicker if I were to be super-strict but then I figure I still need to enjoy life too! So if it's 4lbs a week and feeling deprived or 2lbs a week and giving myself leeway and still enjoying myself then there's no contest tbh!

It's working for me and I'm having 15 Syns a day as well as the occasional (controlled) blow-out. I know I couldn't go out, enjoy 60 Syns and then have to restrict myself for the rest of the week, it would just defeat the purpose of going out and enjoying yourself. Much better psychologically to plan the blow-out, enjoy every moment and keep on plan while enjoying your Syns the rest of the time.

I'm loosing about 2lbs a week now. I probably could theoretically lose quicker if I were to be super-strict but then I figure I still need to enjoy life too! So if it's 4lbs a week and feeling deprived or 2lbs a week and giving myself leeway and still enjoying myself then there's no contest tbh! :party0048:

Thank you. I think I will just have a controlled night off and then straight back on it the next day. My usual drink is wine, which I have not touched since starting in jan which is an achievement in itself x just can't stop at 1 x I think I might try vodka and diet coke to cut down on the syns. God knows how many syns of wine I could sink.

Thanks again

I think its 'only' 103 syns in a litre of vodka(!) so with diet coke you're sorted synwise for the week if you're really good.
I used to be able to drink copious amounts of wine but really gone off it last few months and its syn laden so not missing it.

This is all great advice, thanks everyone! I have a night out this weekend and I'm going to try and stick to vodka. I do love wine though. Mmmm wine...
Need to look at the syns in soda water and lime cordial, as I hate vodka and coke!

Loads of great advice for a night out. I have a party on Saturday with overnight stay at hotel with breakfast.

At the moment I'm full of good intentions. Saving syns and will then flexi syn on top of that. However, I easily give in to peer pressure. I have a feeling when Saturday comes I will have champagne, wine, buffet and full cooked breakfast in the morning!

I'm going to try though.

How did everyone get on? I had some cava (oops) and a couple of frozen margaritas (double oops), but was mostly very good other than that. Bought some vodka and sprite zero to drink at home. :) And managed to lose a couple of pounds this week!

Off out for a meal tonight, have already checked the menu out which isn't very SW friendly so I have decided to go with the red lentil and vegetable curry with coriander rice and homemade onion bhajis, everything else is with chips. I probably won't eat the bhajis though. I was also thinking of a salad with no dressing. However as a precaution I've not used my HEX a&b yet. I figure that I could maybe have a coffee and if they offer bread I can have 1 piece. I'll be drinking diet pepsi and will have all my syns left too, although obviously I don't know if my meal will be cooked in any syns. I really want to lose at least a 1lb this week to get me into single digits.

Can anyone think of anything else I can do?

Back