Beyond Chocolate

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Ann2shoes, 12 February 2007 Social URL.

1. Ann2shoes

Ann2shoes Ann2shoes

I cannot remember who it was, but thank you thank you thank you for recommending me to look at the Beyond Chocolate website. I did that, I bought the book and last Saturday I attended their one day seminar in central London. I already feel that it has changed my life - it was absolutely brilliant.
    Last year I lost 56lbs on Lighter Life and I still weigh the same as I did when I ceased abstiencein November. But as I am sure you all know, it`s a daily battle to keep the weight off and I know my problems with food were not over for sure.
    LL has given me a `platform` from which to work on my behaviour towards and around food. I`ve got rid of the bulk but I know for sure that it won`t stay off if I carry on as before.
    If you haven`t seen the Beyond Chocolate website I can highly recommend it. They say that you read the book and put it into practice, you will never have to diet again (and they don`t say this will be easy - but it can be done).
    Good luck to all of you reading this who are still on abstience - go for it!
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Diva

Diva Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Hi Anne....I thought it was you.....It's me....Gayle!!!
  4. Diva

Diva Cambridge Diet Counsellor

How weird is that...I recommended the website to you and also met you on Saturday!! :D :D
  5. Ann2shoes

Ann2shoes Ann2shoes

Well well well!

Hello Gaye! What a surprise - it`s a small world.
    Thank you so much for pointing me in the direction of Beyond Chocolate. I thought Saturday was brilliant and I feel like it could be the beginning of the end of my behaviour around food. I`ve already filled a jar with unwrapped milk chocolate and have eaten enough to have felt sick yesterday! I`m trusting it will work.
    I would be interested to hear what you thought about the day.
  6. Ann2shoes

Ann2shoes Ann2shoes

I mean Gayle of course! Sorry
  7. gaijingirl

gaijingirl has lying hips

I've also recommended it on here. I went on one of their weekend workshops and had the MOST AMAZING time and then followed it up with counselling in Swiss Cottage for several months. I am still in touch with them and they still send me all kinds of lovely stuff - I got a gorgeous Christmas present from them - a little pack of inspirational card things with a holder which sits on my dressing table. When I did the course they gave me a lovely hand decorated plate to eat my dinner off - which always helps me to think about what they suggested.

I may well go back and do it again when I come off LL.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.