Beyond Management

"mine is to maintain my weight without dieting"

I found your post very interesting Karion. Your aim is what I aspire to have but it is hampered by the fact I've not yet worked out exactly what weight/shape I want to maintain. I hope to find that out within a month. I've been eating conventional food for 5 months now and if I think about it objectively I probably have been doing what you have described for 90% of the time. It's the 10% which alarms me! Getting enough structure but not too much is what I need to work out. I'll have to look at your threads to see how you did it - I see from your post count there must be a few!

Velling interesting Dom. I wondered what plan you were doing and it certainly sounds like it's working for you :clap:

I think the difference is, we have two different goals. Yours is to lose weight, where as mine is to maintain my weight without dieting.

You are right, but at the same time, if I stay the same weight I won't be absolutely devastated. Just a bit pissed off!

I also needed something that I could do forever. Okay...so yours might be a forever plan, and I wouldn't dream of telling you that you were doing it wrong:eek: Oh no siree;) Because you aren't. You are doing a way that works for you.

I can understand that, and you are certainly looking after your body with that plan, but for me, I wanted to eliminate any danger hours. Not need to substitute something else so that I wouldn't have to deal with it, but be able to do nothing if I chose without turning to food. You are right. Part of the use of 'danger hour' for yoga/running is because this is my only private time of the day, when I get to be completely, blissfully, alone. I used food to relax too, so I guess I'm just relaxing in a different way? Also, I try to practice most days, for about 90 mins to 2 hours, you're supposed to do this in the morning, but me get up at 5am? Dream on!!! Mind you, I had to employ an anti-binge strategy this evening which is to shout out loud 'YOU ARE ABOUT TO BINGE, STOP IT', and to spit the handful of almonds I was thoughtlessly chowing down into the bin.

It's the same with alcohol (though there is research out there that shows alcohol can lead to eating too much), but I wanted to be able to drink if I wanted, and not if I didn't want. Not to stop drinking because I it would lead me to eating. Not that I drink much mind you. Plan is to reintroduce it, but at the moment I don't want to, I know I'm not ready! I hasten to add that I'm not a raging alc, it's the food bit that goes along with the alcohol that is the problem!

That's true. The more you can't have something, the more you want it. I think there is some structure to my WOE. I eat when I'm hungry. That's structured innit :D

Again, I can understand this, but it's great when you can eat biscuits at work and know it wont send you into a sod it day, but instead it's a biscuit. That's all. Sometimes I want one, sometimes I don't. It's no big deal anymore. Part of this is food snobbery :eek: I see no need to eat the stuff we get at work, when i can have green and blacks, or montezuma's dark choc mangoes at home. To be honest, if it doesn't taste delicious, it's not worthy of stomach space!

Right, so having said this, and getting in such a pickle last Sunday when I suggested what I did or believed, I will add that I think what your doing Dom is great if you want to lose weight and if it's working really well for you :clap:, but I would have trouble doing that in the longterm. Well, I can't answer that one for you, because we are all so wonderfully different! I certainly don't say that I will be doing this forever, I fully expect it to evolve over the years. But I do know that I can't take my eyes off myself, unless I want to get fat again

Interesting stuff though :)

Hmmm, speaking of interesting, I had an interesting thing happen to me this weekend. I went out with OH shopping, and was hungry so stopped off at a cafe. Fat brain said 'you are eating out, therefore you must have the fattiest thing on the menu', I told him to shut up, and ordered the salad plate. So far so good. Then OH was hungry later, so got himself a bagel, and I was not hungry so didn't get anything, but found myself thinking 'I wish I was fat again so I could eat what I want when I want'. Hello?!!!!

I'll have to look at your threads to see how you did it - I see from your post count there must be a few!

:D Just a few :D

found myself thinking 'I wish I was fat again so I could eat what I want when I want'. Hello?!!!!

Oh gosh. I remember thinking that. I wrote about it somewhere. It wasn't so much that I couldn't have what I wanted, because by then I was, but I wanted to not care....just eat myself into oblivion.

I remember the feeling of being drugged when I ate too much. Very sleepy and contented, like when I was on diazepam.

I missed the feeling:confused: Funny though, because I can get that feeling without food now. It's easy. Work 12hours a day, go for a 10 mile walk...hey presto....feel sleepy :clap:

One thing is very different now though. I don't want to eat what I ate before. The desire has gone :confused:

Broken the addiction I wonder? It feels like another life. Very odd.

I remember thinking that. I wrote about it somewhere.

Ha! Well, I had a little look back to see if I could find it. Not quite...and now bored of looking:rolleyes: I did find this though.

I wrote this last February
It frightened me the other night when not only didn't I think 'I never, ever, ever want to be fat again', but I was thinking...'Oh sod this for a game of soldiers....bring on the contents of Tesco...I couldn't care less what size I end up':eek:

Wow. I think I've made progress. Never looked back at my threads before.

Oh Dom - that could be me there! All my triggers and problems are precisely the same! I thought I was going mad (well not really, I understood it was fairly normal to behave and feel that way, but it's comforting to have company!)

Back