BF Msgs to girl on fb

There is no such thing as "just talk" - fact is this is getting him off some way, she is responding to his advances, no escaping that.
Probably not what you want to hear, but you don't nip this at the bud now, you will get increasingly paranoid and worried and start to check his text messages, etc - you do not want to be a monitoring control freak, and it's not your fault! I had an ex like this - he broke up with me, I got on with my life and we eventually got back together. He got very, very paranoid that I was still seeing other people behind his back despite I had done nothing wrong. Needless to say, that relationship didn't last. Things like this have a tendency to be based on total truths or imagination that makes nothing 100 times worse. You need to either confront him and get it over with, or completely trust him and put it behind you. There is no other way.

Maximus said:
I would agree all relationships need give and take, but by the same token, NONE of them NEED Facebook or other social networks. None of them.

All I hear at work is x said this in facebook y is seeing someone off facebook etc. sounds like an antisocial network to me.

See fir me the only person who is a drain depressingly on FB is a girl who went to school with me, she has major issues so I won't delete her.
I only add friends people who get my humour and I get theirs, and every so often I have a cull, and delete people who don't amuse me or are rude!

See fir me the only person who is a drain depressingly on FB is a girl who went to school with me, she has major issues so I won't delete her.
I only add friends people who get my humour and I get theirs, and every so often I have a cull, and delete people who don't amuse me or are rude!

Cool - I might re-register and have you and my consultant on my friends list and delete the others.

Hmm on second thoughts, can I bare to miss out on the choices of evening meal my colleagues are having or what their cats/dogs/hamsters are up to?

Decisions decisions:p

Maximus said:
Cool - I might re-register and have you and my consultant on my friends list and delete the others.

Hmm on second thoughts, can I bare to miss out on the choices of evening meal my colleagues are having or what their cats/dogs/hamsters are up to?

What is it with people thinking that other people care about this stuff. I have a mate who keeps posting pics of all the cupcakes she's making on a daily basis. Its boring torture!

.....Guilty. Only because they lead a far more exciting life than myself.

What is it with people thinking that other people care about this stuff. I have a mate who keeps posting pics of all the cupcakes she's making on a daily basis. Its boring torture!

See I quite like to see cupcake pictures, my friends are mostly crafters so I love seeing their makes.
I also quite like hearing about dinners, See I really enjoy people, I find them fascinating. In my job I get to meet people of other cultures (mostly African, some eastern european) and I must drive them mad with the questions about their lives, their food, their family dynamics.
I asked one lady what country she came from and she answered "Africa" I said
"There are 54 countries in Africa, which one are you from?"
She was surprised because most English people she's met think Africa is one country!!!

On FB one guy drives us nuts with his mooning over love updates (It's all done for attention from the ladies), so my brother (who is as wicked as me) pull him up on it!
One time he'd put some status about how you should never give up on the one you love, as one day they may change their minds and love you back.
I told him that's what I said about George Clooney until the injunction!

Mostly, used with discretion and responsibility FB is a fab place.
However, accepting every friend request, posting really personal stuff, always complaining, will land you in trouble.
I think of FB as a train, with all my friends on board, if I don't want everyone to know something then I won't say it!

Last edited:
do you know what I comepletly agree about the fb thing. I cant tell you have much drama is causes I may just delete mine, half the people I dont talk to, that and some things i have seen recently have been quite offensive lol

If you don't like seeing peoples cupcakes, delete them. You decide who is on your friend list.

If I saw messages of a flirty nature on my husband Facebook, i would be devastated. I hope you are able to speak to your partner and sort it out. Maybe he needs to give Facebook a break and concentrate on your relationship if he really means it.

I hope you are able to sort it out x

Any lime green ones? - pm them to me if there is;)

do you know what I comepletly agree about the fb thing. I cant tell you have much drama is causes I may just delete mine, half the people I dont talk to, that and some things i have seen recently have been quite offensive lol

Didn't Friends Re-united get ruined by mis-use/abuse (as well as being crap of course and charging to use it)

See I quite like to see cupcake pictures, my friends are mostly crafters so I love seeing their makes.
I also quite like hearing about dinners, See I really enjoy people, I find them fascinating. In my job I get to meet people of other cultures (mostly African, some eastern european) and I must drive them mad with the questions about their lives, their food, their family dynamics.
I asked one lady what country she came from and she answered "Africa" I said
"There are 54 countries in Africa, which one are you from?"
She was surprised because most English people she's met think Africa is one country!!!

On FB one guy drives us nuts with his mooning over love updates (It's all done for attention from the ladies), so my brother (who is as wicked as me) pull him up on it!
One time he'd put some status about how you should never give up on the one you love, as one day they may change their minds and love you back.
I told him that's what I said about George Clooney until the injunction!

Mostly, used with discretion and responsibility FB is a fab place.
However, accepting every friend request, posting really personal stuff, always complaining, will land you in trouble.
I think of FB as a train, with all my friends on board, if I don't want everyone to know something then I won't say it!

:8855:

You've still got it kid:D

My name's Jo and I'm a Facebook-a-holic. I know I'm sad but I just love it and with the I-phone app it's at my fingertips all the time!

I suppose it can cause mahoosive problems but that I think as somebody said is to do with the people who use it not fb itself.

Oh and it's great for spying on people from afar too :)

I must run one of my fb friends has just uploaded a pic of their hamster eating their dinner........

I love it, considering the amount of friends and family I have all over the world, This has made me stay in touch with them on a regular basis, plus I still am a part of their lives, seeing their travels pics, etc. Easier to plan for meetings as well with facebook chat. There is always the pros and cons list. .t's a communications tool for me, nothing more, nothing less. :)

jo-85 said:
My name's Jo and I'm a Facebook-a-holic. I know I'm sad but I just love it and with the I-phone app it's at my fingertips all the time!

I suppose it can cause mahoosive problems but that I think as somebody said is to do with the people who use it not fb itself.

Oh and it's great for spying on people from afar too :)

I must run one of my fb friends has just uploaded a pic of their hamster eating their dinner........

I'm a FBaholic too! I've even taken pics of my own breakfast!
It's all happening tonight one of my mates went to bed at 6.30!!!

Shirleen said:
I'm a FBaholic too! I've even taken pics of my own breakfast!
It's all happening tonight one of my mates went to bed at 6.30!!!

Woah your fb is way more exciting than mine! :) hehe. See what would we do without it! X

Maximus said:
Here's an interesting fact. I've lost 6st 6lb since I was last on FB. I swapped Farmville for "real" outdoors;)

That's what is good about the Facebook app you see u can be in the real outdoors and still catching up on the latest fb news :)

jo-85 said:
That's what is good about the Facebook app you see u can be in the real outdoors and still catching up on the latest fb news :)

Yup although I don't really do outside!

Back