Big birthday treat.

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by Leanne1, 5 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Leanne1

Leanne1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.25%)
    Diet:
    Low carb
    In ten days I am having one of those birthdays that end in an 0. My nephew is a chef in a Hilton and has booked me in for a slap up meal in his restaurant. Normally I would be absolutely overjoyed but now I am a bit confused because of the low carb issue.
    Any advice please?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mustdoit

mustdoit susan

Diet:
    atkins
    you lucky girl ........choices are

go and eat what you are given and get straight back on the next day

or

eat low carb ( can your nephew do a low carb meal ).... wouldn't want to go to the hilton and choose a cheese omelette !!

happy burpday xx

4. Cinta

Cinta Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st5lb(-3.25%)
    Diet:
    LC/Atkins
    When we go on a cruise I always pick the least carby choice. I can leave the potatoes. I have had a big juicy steak with a side salad (even had cheese grated on it & a lovely dressing). I always have the cheese board, but ask for no crackers, just walnuts & celery.
    Mustdoit's idea is a good one if you love you spuds & puddings. Have a lovely birthday & meal :D

5. Kat1e

Kat1e This is for life

Start Weight:
    17st8.9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6.2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10.1lb(26.77%)
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    I would go and enjoy - a 1 meal planned carbfest is manageable if you are willing for a STS plus strict induction before and after. If the legal choices look good choose them; if you cant resist something then dont but try to just have a little portion. Straight back on the wagon and tons of water the next day.

Enjoy :)

6. Spinoza

Spinoza Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(14.96%)
    Diet:
    VLCD (for now)
    Eating out isn't terribly hard on Atkins Leanne - you just have to get the head around not having the potatoes/pasta/rice that invariably comes with a meal in a restaurant. In fact the nicer the restaurant, the more Atkins-friendly it usually is!

I usually go for steak, fried mushrooms, green veg or a big salad, and always the cheeseboard for dessert. There are nearly always starters you can have too - pate, garlic mushrooms (not breaded though!), egg mayonnaise, duck leg confit, cold meats, etc etc.

Hope it's really special - what a nice thing for your nephew to do! Is he going to cook for you himself? :)

7. rosebug

rosebug Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(11.65%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    For a birthday with an 0 (i have one in July) I would take a day off the diet. And I'm not someone who advocates taking days off. Usually i feel like I can wait and do something when I'm at goal, but you only get an 0 birthday once a decade.

Take a day off, go crazy if you want to, just don't let it become a week off. Have your meals for the day after already in the fridge and hand out any cake or treats among your friends on the day. I've fallen off diets totally before through coming off on my birthday, but it -is- manageable.

8. LifesDesire

LifesDesire Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st12.6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.8lb(15.49%)
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    You've already had a lot of good advice so i just wanted to say 'Happy Birthday!' :) x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.