Big blow out :(

sarahaa

Hi all I read here regularly but only just started posting. I joined 3 weeks ago, lost 7lb in week 1, put 0.5lb on 2nd week and 2lb on week3.... I was desperate to do well this week.

Anyway since yesterday morn I have been A1 on plan, until I just had a bit of bad news and have had a massive blow out... I know I'm an emotional overeater but I can't stop myself. I dread to think how many syns I've just eaten, and I feel sick

Please someone give me some strength to get over this and back on plan

Sarah x

Firstly, sorry to hear that you've had some bad news :(

Secondly, we aren't even talking a day in terms of your dieting journey where you've gone off track. A day is 24 hours...how long were you actually binging for? It's going to boil down to an insignificant number of hours. Don't write the rest of the day off, get some superfree foods down you and glug plenty of water. Take control of the situation, don't let it control you!

Another member on here has this as their sig "In a year's time you'll wish you'll have started today". Turn that around into "In a year's time you'll wish you hadn't given up".:)

Sorry to hear you've had bad news. Great thing about slimming world is you can just put it behind you. Forget about it, shrug it off, pretend it never happened. Feeling bad about a syn binge or beating yourself up isn't gonna help now. Grab some coke zero curl up on the couch, paint your nails - who can eat whilst doing their nails? Focus your energy on thinking of some great speed food recipes and just carry on. Just don't let it spoil the rest of your week

Sorry to hear you had some bad news, hope you are ok? *hugs* We are only human though, and I guess a lot of us are emotional eaters. The key now is to limit the damage, and try to start fresh from now. You CAN do it!

Good luck xx

Sorry to hear you have had some bad news xx

As much as you don't want to I'd total how many syns you had. It might not be as bad as you thought and you can then make up for it for the rest of the week.

what day do you weigh in on? x

Thank you ladies, that's great advice... For the first time ever I managed to pull it back without ruining the whole day and ate a superfree tea, but I just have eaten about 50 syns I think , got a jillian michaels DVD to do now and then lots of water to drink.

I am grateful to have found you!!!

Well I'm back on track today, exercise DVD done last night. Have had 2 toast (ww) with beans and egg for breakfast and some strawberries... Today needs to be a good day!

Happy day to you all xxxx

sarahaa said:
Well I'm back on track today, exercise DVD done last night. Have had 2 toast (ww) with beans and egg for breakfast and some strawberries... Today needs to be a good day!

Happy day to you all xxxx

Good woman!! Keep doing this and it will pay off x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i too suffer eating (usally chocolate !)when feeling low , keep on it even if you think youve done bad you probably be okay by the time you get weighed .

I've been good all day, had 7 syns.... And desperate for something sweet! It's this time of the day, I just feel 'in need' :(

sarahaa said:
I've been good all day, had 7 syns.... And desperate for something sweet! It's this time of the day, I just feel 'in need' :(

Have you tried the new Philadelphia chocolate spread, only 4 syns for 30g and it's delicious!! :drool: I have it with slices of apple! I've been having this all week and not once have I needed a bar of chocolate and believe me for me that's good as I'm a complete chocoholic!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I may need to invest in some... I did it again! I was stuck at train station, train running late and found myself eating a caramel egg and a wispa gold *ashamed*

I've synned them which has took today to 32..... If I take 4 days to pay back the 17 then that should make up for today.... It's that time of the day (about 4pm) and I can't help myself.... Have text my consultant to ask for some help and advice, I can't keep going on like this

Jillian michaels it is again tonight x

How about having a hi fi bar or an alpen light instead of a chocolate bar?

When you get the urge to eat chocolate have you got some one you could call to talk to to distract you. I rang hubby the other day till I was past the chippy as I was craving chips

Keep at it xx

Hifi mint chocolate are amazing, I have to have one every day as my 'chocolate'. If I need a big fix I'll have it with a mint options (2 syns). I'm addicted to mint choc, can you tell?! X

Back