'BIG' .......Bring on the summer :D

a 14 hour shift!!! where do you work jud? do u get to have nap at all? Sleep deprivation kills me. Hmmm, interesting, ban chocolate altogether....

I do supply work in a hostel which needs double cover 24/7. Its pretty good money on a weekend!

Hey boootyful Ladies :)

God this weekend has just FLOWN!!! How did that happen!!!

Ahhh hanz, so sweet, seems like all is going well in the land of LoVe <3

Kellie, it sure is good to let it out and this place certainly is a saviour for that!

Judith, bet that works well interesting! Go you being good, and on a weekend, Hmm may have to considerthis Zumba stuff again!

Nee....Eeeek been an idiot and eaten all weekend, when does this stop hee hee Tonight it stops and tomorrow is the new me beginning...Again! ha ha

xxx

Morning all.

My diet consists of : porridge for breakfast, rice cakes or a slice of granary with goats cheese for lunch, grilled or poached chicken/fish with veg for supper. Snacks are a soya milk shake, soya yoghurt, apple, pear or banana. And thats it! I add the occasional egg white and goats cheese omelette or M & S sushi for a treat. I actually think its easier not having a whole world of food to choose from but it is murder driving past my favourite take aways. And there isn't much thats "convenient". Plus eating out is completely out of the question. Today is the end of my third week and I've lost 10lbs. However I'm concentrating on eating the right stuff rather than worrying about losing weight but the two go together cos my "obesity" is contributing to the Reflux. I'm sure this is similar to a vcld or total food replacement as this isn't that different to eating the same bar/soup every day. I use the soya shakes to bump up my calcium cos without milk I'd struggle to get enough altho they are ridiculously high in sugar. My attitude at the mo is "one day at a time" or even "one hour at a time". All I can say is that I'm on this diet now. But I can't commit to the future as I know I'm generally useless at dieting. HOWEVER I would like to stick to this until my trip to Dublin in 5 weeks. Then I'll enjoy myself with a few drinks and some nice food. I think its good to have a goal don't you?

Jud, it sounds like you are in control. yes 5 weeks is a good time scale, and then you can look at what changes you want to make. what i'd give to lose 10 lbs.
I was 11 10 5 months ago and haven't seen it since..... I feel lost. Keep at it, and I like the limit of choices. But what makes you stiuck to it? That's my falling point. My "ah screw it" attitiude

Jud, it sounds like you are in control. yes 5 weeks is a good time scale, and then you can look at what changes you want to make. what i'd give to lose 10 lbs.
I was 11 10 5 months ago and haven't seen it since..... I feel lost. Keep at it, and I like the limit of choices. But what makes you stiuck to it? That's my falling point. My "ah screw it" attitiude

OMG if I knew the answer to this I'd be rich!! I don't even understand how it works for me, let alone anyone else. My digestion problem is pretty clear to me in that I am aware of it all the time and thats what springs into my head when I think about breaking my diet. In the past I have had a similar motivation (visions of myself in jeans, friends saying "wow you look great", etc) but they have all failed me sooner or later. I hate to be pessimistic but I suspect this one will fail me too. Perversely I think that once I have my health problem under control I'll fall into the "well, one wouldn't hurt" mindset and thats usually the start of the end. There is something simpler about a food regime that dictates what you eat. I'm the Queen of trading calories otherwise: "Ah this pizza will count for three days - I'll just have water" or "I've hardly eaten today so 3 chocolate bars are ok if thats what I fancy". And the wackier my eating gets the more likely I am to think F*ck it and have a major binge. So its one day at a time and just trying to make the best of it while I can. Current goal is to try to lose a stone and then review it. Little steps...

Oh yeh, Kels, just remembered another thing at the moment that is sticking in my mind. On Biggest Loser they did this thing where they made them exercise carrying a back pack with the amount of weight they had already lost. This got me thinking and I realized how I struggle to lift a standard suitcase when I'm travelling which probably weighs about 22kg. This is the same as 48lbs. This is almost the exact amount I was overweight when I started. This means I effectively carry that suitcase with me everyday - exercising, walking, going upstairs, just getting up off the sofa. How mad is that? I keep thinking about that and its helping visualize my extra weight and separate it out from who I am. Afterall I'll still be the same person without it: in other words, its just excess baggage I can leave behind without missing it.

AND (sorry I keep thinking about what you asked me...) I have recorded everything I eat and exercise on MyfitnessPal on my Iphone. Keeping track is good.

Judith, you seem so in control over everything at the min, I love it, Maybe we should all join in hee hee

xx

Judith, you seem so in control over everything at the min, I love it, Maybe we should all join in hee hee

xx

Oh god, no! Trust me I am clinging on by my finger tips. You've known me for a year now so you really do know how useless I can be. I just feel that I have to ride this particular wave for as long as I can. I think the whole health thing was a bit of a shocker but I'm not convinced even that will motivate me long term. The good thing at the mo is that I'm loving the exercise even though it must be 10 years since I did any. Went to gym and zumba today (not something I'd make a habit of - my legs are like jelly) I'm just keeping going one day at a time on the basis that whatever I achieve has to be good for me. xx

And Judith it is good for you, like you say, keep it up as long as you can, you will feel no end better for it

xx

Hello my lovelies,

How are we all?

Im Blooooming tired tonight!! early night me thinks!

Weigh day tomorrow too eeek!!

love the new name!

YAY :)

I thought it should be changed as far as challenges go... were more a chatty family now :D

xxxxxxxxxx

Lost 1 lb this week which means for march I lost 6lbs, not as good as it should be but really struggled this month :D

I'm really struggling today. I've hung on and hung on and will probably just go to bed early. I've worked a 13 hour day today and just walked into the house to the phone ringing to ask if I'll do 8 hours tomorrow. As I have very little work lined up for next 5 weeks I didn't feel that I could turn it down but I'd really rather go to Zumba and have a lazy day. Ah well, thats life.

I think the struggle is influenced by my low mood. When I'm like this everything seems more negative, more personal, more hurtful. I become supersensitive to everything and probably see meanness where none was intended. I never know how long this mood will last but I'd just like to try to get through it without resorting to alcohol or pizza. Maybe it will help keeping busy. Sorry to be a drag. Hope you're all enjoying the sunshine. xx

Judith, your never a drag!!! Being good isnt always easy, I know that very well hee hee

Just try to perservere, you'll be very proud if you can get through the low peak

xx

Whats everyone up to this weekend?

Im working this morning till around 12.30, then coming home for a few hours, then seeing my brother and nephew ahhh I havent seen them since last September so Im really looking forward to it :D

Tomorrow me and OH hopefully going for a long walk somewhere, and thats about it :)

x

Just got in from work and have been good so far. Would love to get through to Monday as I'll have done 4 weeks being oh so good. Other tough thing is that I haven't lost any weight this week. No idea why as I've been really strict and doing the exercise too. Good news is that medicine is definately helping my stomach. But my dear, lovely, loyal pizza - how I miss you. Hope you are all well. xx

Back