'BIG' .......Bring on the summer :D

Congrats! Thats an awesome week :party0011: You deserve it!

Weigh in tonight, would love to loose what I put on but any loss would be great. June target is 8lb loss, thou 10 would be even better!

You'll do it hun, goodluck for WI tonight, make sure you post here after :D

:clap:judith well done!!! I am so happy for you 5lbs is a massive amount wooooooohooooooooooooo:talk017:
and ur nearly overweight - such an achievement!!! (yes we live in a warped world where being overweight is a celebration!!)utterly jealous hahahaha!!

Hanz- I'm saying a prayer for ya!

Nee - here's to June! ok we can definately do this, May does not exist in my head anymore. I am going to become a running machine!!

found in runners world- how depressing- should i just give up now?
Many people think maintaining weight loss is easier than losing it in the first place. But a 2008 study in the Archives of Internal Medicine proves you have to be diligent. The researchers discovered that overweight subjects who had slimmed down over two years required an average of 40 minutes of exercise per day just to sustain a loss of 10 percent or more of their initial body weight. And that was in addition to closely watching what they ate. Those who committed less time to sweating it out or none at all were more likely to be back where they started. "Weight loss is not something that happens and then you're done with it," says McMillan. "That's why quick-fix programs hardly ever work long term." To stay motivated after you drop pounds, join a running group, sign up for cooking lessons, or splurge on a trainer who can refresh a stale exercise program.

Well, im completely over the moon, lost 5 1/2 pounds this week! I knew I had a great week food wise as felt so guilty from last weeks gain but didnt think I'd get that much so very happy! :)

Eeek thats a bit scary kellie but no you shouldnt! We will get to where we want and I know personally that after what Ive been through the years of obesity I will never want to go back.

I had a near miss tonight. My success last week had gone to my head and my boy had been away for a couple of nites so I wanted to treat us. I suggested pizza delivered (with fingers crossed that I'd have enough willpower to freeze half). My lovely boy said he felt he should say no to support me. He was right of course so I had a little baked potato and cheese and whipped him up a spag bol. Bless his cotton socks you should have seen his face when I gave him the bowl - he thought I'd ignore him and still get the pizza. I'll make it up to him but I knew in my heart that I'd nosh the whole thing once it was in front of me (and even half would be a whopping 1200 cals on top of the 580 cals I'd already had during the day). A very near miss indeed. So I am about to go off to bed having managed Day 8 being a good girl (and no booze still, Nee).

Well, im completely over the moon, lost 5 1/2 pounds this week! I knew I had a great week food wise as felt so guilty from last weeks gain but didnt think I'd get that much so very happy! :)

Well done Hanz! That is so brilliant. Give yourself a pat on the back. xx

Judith - well done, that will power is great, but more so ur boy did something amazing for you!!! tomorrow tell him to keep doing that. Willpower is an unreliable frined, but friends and family who remove us from food can be much more reliable!!
Roll on day 9- ur doing amazingly well- here comes Vegas!

hey guys I only saw the website a few days ago I was wondering if I could join you as you seem a really friendly bunch. I weigh in on fridays. I know I cant loose 4 stone because by September it would be unhealthy, but I'm aiming to loose it by oct/nov time. Hey nee your doing well remember at some points during your diet you will put weight on or stay the same because your fat is turning to muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. You will do it mate. :fingerscrossed::grouphugg:

hey guys I only saw the website a few days ago I was wondering if I could join you as you seem a really friendly bunch. I weigh in on fridays. I know I cant loose 4 stone because by September it would be unhealthy, but I'm aiming to loose it by oct/nov time. Hey nee your doing well remember at some points during your diet you will put weight on or stay the same because your fat is turning to muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. You will do it mate. :fingerscrossed::grouphugg:

Hey :)

Of course join in :) good luck with your diet :) so how much you hoping to lose by Sept?

x

Welcome kamwendo!!

Hi everyone!
I'm still here, been pretty quiet on the internet this past couple of weeks.... as you know I only get 30 minutes a day on it at work and I've been so busy, i've been ignoring minimins :/

Not much to report really, i STILL weigh the same weight... 266 lbs, been like that for 3 weeks now, Happy i'm not gaining though.

SO... this morning I decided to take the plunge and I went swimming before work at 7am. It was delightful! Hehe
Managed 32 lengths which is 1/2 a mile, and I am going to try and do that monday to friday before work. I feel so good today, so hopefully this will be the boost I need :D

Hi everyone!
I'm still here, been pretty quiet on the internet this past couple of weeks.... as you know I only get 30 minutes a day on it at work and I've been so busy, i've been ignoring minimins :/

Not much to report really, i STILL weigh the same weight... 266 lbs, been like that for 3 weeks now, Happy i'm not gaining though.

SO... this morning I decided to take the plunge and I went swimming before work at 7am. It was delightful! Hehe
Managed 32 lengths which is 1/2 a mile, and I am going to try and do that monday to friday before work. I feel so good today, so hopefully this will be the boost I need :D

Hey you :) nice to see u here :)

Go you with the swimming, very impressed xx

Welcome Kamwendo :welcome: - glad you found us. Secret is to keep posting in bad times as well as good and then we can support each other. xx

Hi everyone!

Well done for STS - that's an achievement in itself. Also means you may have a bigger loss now you are buckling down again (that's what happened to me).

With the exercise - is swimming every day realistic? Remember that we sometimes expect too much of ourselves and when we fail we beat ourselves up and our self-esteem plummets. And what do we do when we feel bad about ourselves? We eat. And eat. Why not say "three times a week" and give yourself a super reward if you manage more than this? Ignore me if I'm talking rubbish (or more about myself than you) :blahblah:

Nice to see you back xx

Today has got off to a good start with just a cafe shake so far. BUT big occasion as I have finally made an appointment to have a tattoo done. I have always wanted one but basically was too much of a scaredycat. But we have a local parlour that specializes in "feminine" tattoos and I have been driving past too scared to even go in to talk about it for the last year. It will be on my lower back and just for me really and I'll probably change my mind another ten times before my appmt in 2 wks but as my boy says "Whats the worst that can happen? If you hate it, have it removed." He is so right. I don't want to live my life being sensible all the time. I want to hurl myself into "old age" still wearing ra-ra skirts (remember them?) and getting tipsy and not caring if I wet myself laughing cos at least I'm laughing.

Hope you're all having a lovely day too. xx

Last edited:

Today has got off to a good start with just a cafe shake so far. BUT big occasion as I have finally made an appointment to have a tattoo done. I have always wanted one but basically was too much of a scaredycat. But we have a local parlour that specializes in "feminine" tattoos and I have been driving past too scared to even go in to talk about it for the last year. It will be on my lower back and just for me really and I'll probably change my mind another ten times before my appmt in 2 wks but as my boy says "Whats the worst that can happen? If you hate it, have it removed." He is so right. I don't want to live my life being sensible all the time. I want to hurl myself into "old age" still wearing ra-ra skirts (remember them?) and getting tipsy and not caring if I wet myself laughing cos at least I'm laughing.

Hope you're all having a lovely day too. xx

Ha ha that made me chuckle with you wetting yourself :) Silly :)

Ooooh what kind of Tattoo are you thinking and where? I have 3 tattoo's and love them all :D I want another when I manage to get to my goal weight or lower as a reward but the OH not so keen as not into tattoos at all but I say 'Stuff him' hee hee

Ooooh what kind of Tattoo are you thinking and where? I have 3 tattoo's and love them all :D I want another when I manage to get to my goal weight or lower as a reward but the OH not so keen as not into tattoos at all but I say 'Stuff him' hee hee

I'm having a pink/purple/blue ying/yang symbol with a few fiddly bits round the outside. And it will be where it just peeps out from my trousers on my back. I am understandably nervous as no one knows how they'll cope with the pain but I'm just going to throw myself into it. What have you got and where? When did you have them? I'm obsessed with talking to everyone about them...

Hi, I have just recently joined this site and have a lot of weight to lose. I am starting tomorrow on Exante and feel very positive if not a bit nervous. Nice to see so many positive posts!

I'm having a pink/purple/blue ying/yang symbol with a few fiddly bits round the outside. And it will be where it just peeps out from my trousers on my back. I am understandably nervous as no one knows how they'll cope with the pain but I'm just going to throw myself into it. What have you got and where? When did you have them? I'm obsessed with talking to everyone about them...

Ahhh that sounds nice hun :) I have one on my right inside wrist of 2 shooting stars - was to remind me of my dreams (working in theatre/recording studio etc) that was in 2004, then I got 3 stars behind my ear - that was just for the sake of it that was oct 08, then in Feb 09 I got one on my right foot which is of a musical stave with notes coming off it (as if broken guitar strings) and the notes are from the lyrics of a song that means alot to me, was cool cos I had to find the notes and drew up the design :)

Heya kam, good luck! :D Remember whenyou feel down or want a good rant to come on here,it works wonders!

Hi everyone!

Hey, glad your still alive :D Swimming def sounds likea great idea, very jealous! I really want to get back into the pool but havent owned a cossie in like 9 years as so ashamed of my appearence in it.. maybe soon Ill get the courage to buy one!

o_O good on you! I like the sound of your design.

Hi, I have just recently joined this site and have a lot of weight to lose. I am starting tomorrow on Exante and feel very positive if not a bit nervous. Nice to see so many positive posts!

Heya gribblen, good luck! It can be a bit daunting whenyou start but once you get into it and see rewards it does get a bit easier!

-----
Have had a good day today trying to do all i can for a 1 1/2 pound loss on tues for my 3 stone award... Going to be tricky as spending friday night in exeter with old uni friends and going out which Im looking forward to.. shall make good choices! today played tennis and did a 2 mile walk so feeling very happy and bit tired! :p

Back