'BIG' .......Bring on the summer :D

yup what a miserable day... x

Sorry Colly i promise not to corrupt you again :rolleyes:

Hiya Kellie we are going away for 10 days (heaven) the caravan site in right next to the beach and we are also very close to the Caringorm Mountains so looking forward to long walks :chores016: and romantic meals. :candledinner:

I'm away for my medical - wish me luck!! :wave_cry:

good luck im sure it will go well x

Well I did it. I actually had the courage and turned up for my medical but was so worked up had an upset tum in the morning :sick0019:

Well after 2 hours of having my hearing, lung capacity, eyesight, blood pressure, heart etc tested the good new is I'm healthy. The bad news is my BMI is too high to work offshore so I have been asked to return on 3rd August to be re-weighed as the DR believes I can lose the weight in that time :eek: so it looks like my b'day plans are on hold until after then. :cry:

According to my scales I have already lost 5lbs this week so only 20 to go (in 4 weeks :eek:) then I will have a clean medical and can work offshore :D Looks like I will be doing a lot of dog walking :chores016: and exercising for the next few weeks :character00116::character00115::whacky068:

Last edited:
Thanks for your support Ladies have to admit I was so scared at what the Dr would say but she was really nice :)

GOOD LUCK with your medical Ronsy. I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

So I measured myself all over yesterday and found that since my last measure-in (almost three months ago!) I've lost:

3 inches off my waist
4 inches off my hips
4 1/2 off each leg/upper thigh
3 off my back/under-bra.
0.5 off each arm

A total of 20 inches in three months! I'm very chuffed! Now if only I could lose 20 inches every three months - I'd have disappeared in no time! :D Things are going well this week - I'm not behind on my exercise for once. About to tuck in to steak and mash potato with mushrooms. Yummmmmmmmmmm!

I'll run it off later!

ETA: Didn't see your new post, Ronsy. Glad you have a clean bill of health. I'm sure if the dr believes you can lose it in time, you will! Good luck!

ronsy i am not trying to bring you down, honest, i have every faith in you to do as well as you can, but 20lb in 4 weeks is a tall order from a doctor!! if you dont meet on time that dont be too down, just do your best and lose weight at a pace that will suit you and your body. if theres anything i (or anyone else here i'm sure) can do to help then just ask :) and good luck i do hope you manage it!!

and wasted ink 20 inches, wow thats fab! x

Hiya Wasted that's amazing you should be VERY proud of yourself. I need to measure myself again this month as I haven't done it for a while. Plus we don't want you to disappear completely just get to where you are happy with your weight. :D

Thanks Colly, and your not taking me down, I like to hear other peoples point of view as it gives me a bit of balance to what I think about a situation. :blahblah:

I know it's a tall order and to be quite honest so is the idea of working offshore (especially at my age :eek:). Your local so understand how the offshore industry works, and how hard it is to get through the survival training :gen157:

I thought about it for quite a while and talked it over with my Hubby and decided it's worth a try and I like a challenge (keeps me young) so if I get to the weight on that date then fine if not then it is not meant to be! :sign0007:

But ether way I will be closer to my goal of having a healthy BMI again and in reality that's all that matters (but I do need a wage!). Plus I am applying for other jobs so will see what happens, but I'm so chuffed I got though all the rest of the tests today!! :superwoman:

Kellie, how is your foot today? :)

:talk017:

My foot is less painful today, but its a day off so ... but if i keep doing the exercises every morning and in teh evening work on strenghtening it maybe it'll come good.

Ronsy it def is a tall order.If you are close at the time, try every trick in the book- like fighters- they go to the spa and jog in plastic bags before a fight to get their weight down. Dont go too mad and kill yourself right??!!!

Wasted- sounds great!! well done

I've just come home from... tidying my mates house and hooking up her dvd player before her date arrived!!!!

So you do cleaning and electronics as well as serious butt-kicking, Kellie you are a lady to be reckoned with. I do hope she's going to hook you up with a mate of his or at least give you a treat of some kind? :)

I love the idea but I'm not sure I could walk the dogs in a plastic bag!! With my co-ordination I would fall flat on my face and as for exercising in one well I can just imagine the look on my Hubbys face :8855:

It's a good idea to rest an injured foot for a while, Have you checked your running shoes? I developed PF when my walking boots did not fit properly (after years of wear) I loved them and didn't know they could hurt me in that way so kept using them until I figured out what was happening. :cry:

Well I did it. I actually had the courage and turned up for my medical but was so worked up had an upset tum in the morning :sick0019:

Well after 2 hours of having my hearing, lung capacity, eyesight, blood pressure, heart etc tested the good new is I'm healthy. The bad news is my BMI is too high to work offshore so I have been asked to return on 3rd August to be re-weighed as the DR believes I can lose the weight in that time :eek: so it looks like my b'day plans are on hold until after then. :cry:

According to my scales I have already lost 5lbs this week so only 20 to go (in 4 weeks :eek:) then I will have a clean medical and can work offshore :D Looks like I will be doing a lot of dog walking :chores016: and exercising for the next few weeks :character00116::character00115::whacky068:

Im glad you went along hun :D Even though its a challenge its definately worth a go! Were all here cheering you along :party0011:

---

After Nee's suggeation I went go get some flumps from tescos and am now addicted to em! Marshmallow goodness.. Mmm and only 30 cals each.

Hi all! Welcome back Kellie - i've watched whales and swum with dolphins and I found I just couldn't stop smiling the whole time.

Ronsy - glad health issue isn't too scary and that you will have an op to get it sorted. Take good care of yourself.

BBQ was brill and I didn't really eat at all as I was so busy fussing. Drank a bit too much but nothing terrible. Yesterday ate mostly leftovers which was more than I'd eaten at the actual bbq. Took dog out after terrible footie and me and TT stopped for a drink in the pub.

Today I haven't been awful or good and I'm planning pasta for later after I've packed and washed hair and done all last minute shaving/tweezering/nail polishing/faffing. Gettting really nervous about leaving my lovely boy and about travelling on my own and being so far away. But its an adventure and I like those so I am excited too. TT just put Skype on my laptop so we can chat each day - that will be so cool. 8 hr time difference should mean that if I phone when I get up about 9am he should be just getting out of bed at 5pm UK time. ;)

I will post on here I'm sure but just in case, wish me luck my lovely friends. xx

Hey Judith,

So sorry I have missed you to say goodbye and BEST OF LUCK, Im sure you will love the experience and smash the other poker's :)

Look forward to hearing from you when your back xx

Thats great that your in good health, Its a nice thing to hear especially when over weight :)

Good luck on the 20lbs Im sure you can do it but dont over do it as its alot to go for xx

Im glad you went along hun :D Even though its a challenge its definately worth a go! Were all here cheering you along :party0011:

---

After Nee's suggeation I went go get some flumps from tescos and am now addicted to em! Marshmallow goodness.. Mmm and only 30 cals each.

YAY another flump friend, you got to love the 30 calorie treat :)

------------------------------------------------------------

Not been on for a while, have missed you all loads but think I needed to have a guilt free blow out (if thats possible) as I felt guilty the whole time.....

All I have wanted to do is eat ...eat...eat... Things are still pretty bad but am drawing a line under it today, I weighed and have gained 7lbs!!!! and I think enough is enough!!

on a positive note, I had my predicted grades (which I should hopefully get in the next week) and I have got DD - Distinction Distinction :) So happy!!

So my weekend plan is to cut back on food, and get my Portfolio done ready for Monday for my Interview to get on a course at ALRA in London

xxx

Thanks Hanz, I love having you guy's as my cheerleaders, with all you lovely ladies behind me how can I fail? :talk017:

Hi Nee we missed you! Now about that 7lb weight gain!! put it behind you and move forward we all need times to chill. But as you are going through so much just now you need to find some comfort food "that you love" is low in cals, high in fibre and gives you that satisfied feeling. :17729:

When I feel like that I use brown rice & veg all cooked in chicken stock and lots of spices (yummy!!) large cups of tea with sweeteners and to follow I have marshmallows. After I've stuffed myself with that I feel full and satisfied but also know I have not done myself too much damage as it is low in cals and fat. :eat:

Well done on the DD and have fun doing your portfolio. :D

nee thats fantastic, well done!

today i am fragile...

Hiya Colly, How did your birthday night-out go, looks like you had fun?? :party0016::party0048::party0049::party0038:

Not been on for a while, have missed you all loads but think I needed to have a guilt free blow out (if thats possible) as I felt guilty the whole time.....

All I have wanted to do is eat ...eat...eat... Things are still pretty bad but am drawing a line under it today, I weighed and have gained 7lbs!!!! and I think enough is enough!!

on a positive note, I had my predicted grades (which I should hopefully get in the next week) and I have got DD - Distinction Distinction :) So happy!!

So my weekend plan is to cut back on food, and get my Portfolio done ready for Monday for my Interview to get on a course at ALRA in London

xxx

Nee thats awesome :D good luck for the interview, i hope you rock it! Sometimes you got to have a bit of a blow out as the pressure of this dieting lark gets to you, and even worse is the guilt afterwards:( But def draw a line under it and continue on.

Last edited:
Thanks Hanz, I love having you guy's as my cheerleaders, with all you lovely ladies behind me how can I fail? :talk017:

Hi Nee we missed you! Now about that 7lb weight gain!! put it behind you and move forward we all need times to chill. But as you are going through so much just now you need to find some comfort food "that you love" is low in cals, high in fibre and gives you that satisfied feeling. :17729:

When I feel like that I use brown rice & veg all cooked in chicken stock and lots of spices (yummy!!) large cups of tea with sweeteners and to follow I have marshmallows. After I've stuffed myself with that I feel full and satisfied but also know I have not done myself too much damage as it is low in cals and fat. :eat:

Well done on the DD and have fun doing your portfolio. :D

How many calories would that work out?

And thanks everyone xxxxx

x

Back