'BIG' .......Bring on the summer :D

hey Peeps,

Wanted to declare my naughty day before tomorrow officially starts...

So woke up all positive (kind of) then by 11am had 2 packs of mccoys crisps then nothing untill about 6pm and had chips with cheese, onion rings and breaded mushrooms - with garlic sauce then toffee ice cream...successful day hee hee NO!!

So naughty!!

try again tomorrow!!

Long post ahead ....

Im hoping to try and get some control back today and attempt to get back on track, Im thinking there is no way to meet my september challange but I want to carry on, especially with you guys and hope you will all stay with me??

Why is it sooooo hard?? And its really worrying me that one day Ill go through life with no stress and ill manage to tackle my wieght and then something else will come and ill go off the rails and it will all pile back on, how can I ever stop this cycle!!

Maybe I need hypnotherary!!!

Finished college now, and after my interview for the course in London I was offered a place :) Really chuffed but in some ways has bought alot more problems. We would have to move to London, so me, my boyf and 2 Labradors....looking for a room as cant afford a bedsit or flat and obviously no-one wants to know!! then if we were to stay in Bournemouth (following our very nearing eviction) its also a battle for the same reason but on top of that no jobs coming in! I have been applying for around 10+ jobs a week and im lucky if I even get a response saying 'unfortunately on this occasion....'

Money is pretty tight but got to carry on with some hope!!

Missed you guys and going to try and post on here as much as possible...I dont even mean to not come on, I just get carried away in self wallow hee hee

xxx

Nee
It is brilliant to have you back, I have missed you! Your post is just so true for me as well. Losing weight, for us at least, is a lot more than just a diet. Its messing with ur minds too!!!

When you tlak about tackling stress, I am so in the same boat as you. I thought I was "sorted", I'd been healthy for quite a while and even weeks i didn't lose I knew I had not been binge eating so was well pleased with myself.
However last week, it was like everything fell apart, and unlike you, who has so much going on, I couldn't really pinpoint what was wrong- a "general Malaise" and I ate so much crap, completely out of control.

So I completely understand- big deal if we lose the weight if we put it all back on when stress hits as it always will.

I guess the key there, is that we know. We know key to our weight loss is learning how to deal with our emotions. Still not sure how, but I feel better today. I hope I'm learning how to cut these binges shorter- I managed to go for a run 4 times this week (down from 5 and 3 times less in gym) which kept me ticking over, and it really does flood me with good endorphins. I chose to spend time with a friend, ratrher than cut people out and see if talking could help me through. I rang someone who is always happy to lift me. I sat in starbucks and just read and thought. To just be. And I accepted, slowly, I got to this stage where I accepted I was low, that it would pass. I accepted that I cannot change the world, and that things at work that are out my control I need to accpet.

Anyway, 10 days later, I think I am out the other side. I hope. We'll see

I don't know if this in anyway helps. I just want you to know you are not alone. And yes this journey is along one, and I thin, for me anyway, once i reach goal weight (NOT IF!- positive mental attitude- what ad was that on??) I have to keep with minimins cos my problem is not that I am fat, my problem is that I binge eat, and that's like alcoholism- a life long issue.
So as long as you are here, I will be here too, and we will do this together.

Life seems to be at ajunction for you now, a lot of things going on, decisions to be made, and a lot of uncertainty as to what lies ahead. Stop beating yourself up and accept that right now thigns are very uncertian- that is extremely unsetlling on us- humans like dependency and knowing the way things go.

Ok so today you want to eat healthily and take care of yourself- tell me how are you going to do that (it helps to plan)

Take it one day at a time, concentrate on teh small things and remember
what lies behind you and in front of youis nothing compared to the power that lies within you.

Nee, welcome back I've missed you

Nee
It is brilliant to have you back, I have missed you! Your post is just so true for me as well. Losing weight, for us at least, is a lot more than just a diet. Its messing with ur minds too!!!

When you tlak about tackling stress, I am so in the same boat as you. I thought I was "sorted", I'd been healthy for quite a while and even weeks i didn't lose I knew I had not been binge eating so was well pleased with myself.
However last week, it was like everything fell apart, and unlike you, who has so much going on, I couldn't really pinpoint what was wrong- a "general Malaise" and I ate so much crap, completely out of control.

So I completely understand- big deal if we lose the weight if we put it all back on when stress hits as it always will.

I guess the key there, is that we know. We know key to our weight loss is learning how to deal with our emotions. Still not sure how, but I feel better today. I hope I'm learning how to cut these binges shorter- I managed to go for a run 4 times this week (down from 5 and 3 times less in gym) which kept me ticking over, and it really does flood me with good endorphins. I chose to spend time with a friend, ratrher than cut people out and see if talking could help me through. I rang someone who is always happy to lift me. I sat in starbucks and just read and thought. To just be. And I accepted, slowly, I got to this stage where I accepted I was low, that it would pass. I accepted that I cannot change the world, and that things at work that are out my control I need to accpet.

Anyway, 10 days later, I think I am out the other side. I hope. We'll see

I don't know if this in anyway helps. I just want you to know you are not alone. And yes this journey is along one, and I thin, for me anyway, once i reach goal weight (NOT IF!- positive mental attitude- what ad was that on??) I have to keep with minimins cos my problem is not that I am fat, my problem is that I binge eat, and that's like alcoholism- a life long issue.
So as long as you are here, I will be here too, and we will do this together.

Life seems to be at ajunction for you now, a lot of things going on, decisions to be made, and a lot of uncertainty as to what lies ahead. Stop beating yourself up and accept that right now thigns are very uncertian- that is extremely unsetlling on us- humans like dependency and knowing the way things go.

Ok so today you want to eat healthily and take care of yourself- tell me how are you going to do that (it helps to plan)

Take it one day at a time, concentrate on teh small things and remember
what lies behind you and in front of youis nothing compared to the power that lies within you.

Nee, welcome back I've missed you

What an awesome post Kellie, thank you so much, I was saying to Judith that you can feel so alone when your down and both you and her make me realise Im not :) Sad thing is the people you think should make you realise this - like long term friends and family - dont :( but I wont go into that ha ha!!

Im glad your feeling like your coming out of your low side, and I hope I can do it too, its just like one minute Im full of positivity and within seconds it will go, and not come back for hours!

I think a big problem is all this uncertainty of whether we will even have anywhere to live soon, and will be be able to keep the dogs, and be able to start my degree in september, which doesnt help that when I was doing my student loan yesterday looks like Im going to have to contribute to my tuition fees (meaning I need £2k!!! never gonna happen)

One little positive is I applied for the most awesome job at a theatre for a dance company and will find out if I have been shortlisted on Monday, if I did happen to get that, maybe the degree issue (not being able to afford to go) will make it easier...but still although its a wicked job it isnt fully what I wanted to do as its more front of house than backstage.

I feel like all im doing on here is whinging at the moment, hope Im not bringing anyone else down as seems like there has been lots of giggles going on which is great to see :)

So Kellie, how are things your end with work etc?

Judith, hope today goes well with poker, enjoy a beer for me :)

My plan today is to at least cook my own food, no takeaways out of money we really cant afford, I have already cooked some chicken and put it into chunks so tonight I plan to create some kind of rice/korma/chicken thing...

Not a major mission but if I can get out of the habbit of fast food or eating stuff like that even if I make it might be a start!

Nee my battery in my car died this morning, I got myself to and from work without it,and now dad is going to come out (yes i am letting the female nation down) to look at it.
AND i have not yet binged ate. I took it in my stride and dealt with it- so hopefully this is the end of the blues (for now)

You said about those closest not understanding how you can feel totally down and alone- this is totally true for me. But then I know I often downplay how i am doing so often "I'm fine" that I'm not sure i allow others know that life can be pretty **** for me too sometimes. oh adn the one minute positive the next its all crap again- yip!!! what is that about?? And for me anyway, there might not have been a trigger- nothing had changed but my mood!!! Like WTF!!

Uncertainty is **** isn't it? I wonder how we learn to accept the things we have no control over.

One day at a time Nee, get through today with your plan to cook everything you eat (great plan that is how I got back- I allowed myself eat anything I wanted as long as it was healthy!), tomorrow, and then hopefully on Monday a step forward on the job front.

It seems like an awful lot to do right now. How do you eat an elephant- bite by bite!

To answer you work question- i'm safe til december. Work is manic. I need to learn to
1. not get overwhelmed
2. accept the things about bureaucracy I cannot change
3. stop expecting so much from myself, say no
4. Speak up more

A friend once told me (and i read it on thursday in O! magazine) that you are put in situations to learn. So when you learn the lesson, life will not give you the situation again. Fail to learn- the same issue will come back, maybe in a different way. So that's what I'm trying to do, stop focusing on failing and look at what life is trying to teach me.

I may have a nap....

WARNING! tonight i made "better than mashed potatoes"- that WERE DEFINATELY NOT

It was a recipe i saw on TV- cauliflower and greek yoghurt that is supposed to be better than mashed potatoes and better for you. They were not. It was still cauliflower (did i really think they would taste differently with some greek yoghurt!)

Lesson- if it sounds too good to be true, then most likely, it is!

Hee hee Kellie, Im imagining this supposedly tasty dish of just cauliflower and yoghurt and one mouthfull into and feeling ill :) Sorry maybe I shouldnt be so amuzed Tee hee hee

Your very right with things you say and also with friends I think I do often play down. Recently I didnt, I actually didnt speak with them for 2 weeks and said I just cant chat whilst im like this and they did start to worry, but then as soon as I felt I needed to chat to someone, they all listened but then since then hardly heard anything...feeling like maybe they wanted to get the info but not so much support me :(

Well yesterday, I did cook everything, I had my korma etc with the chicken. Today I plan to be similar, might not be the healthiest but at least making it myself is a good start :)

Tomorrow Im gonna go out and get a few bits that are hopefully filling which might help me get back into it all again

Judith, hope you had lots of fun yesterday xx

I hope everyone is ok..have been a bit randomlately and not on much. Nee congrats on getting a place on the course you loved :D really happy for you!

Kel im with you their on the food disapointment,i got so excited when I found sainsburys had a low cal korma that was really low syns but of course it wasnt very nice.. :( I'll just have to have the real thing on the odd special occassion instead.

I think friends are really useful on this weight loss stuff to be able to talk to and moan to! It was tricky at first telling them, and apart from the odd moan when I dont drink or something they've actually been amazingly supportive and are right behind me. My best friend is always asking me how its going and congratulating me :D

I had the best night on friday, went out and drank (after the weeks disapointment I decided I deserved it) and had fun. I felt really good about myself for the first time in ages and danced with lots of cute guys..nothing like that to make you feel better! Im so glad im getting some self confidence after years of just feeling like crap.. I cannot wait to keep loosing weight and buying more pretty things! :D

Thanks Hanz, Im well chuffed too xx

Glad you have supportive mates, I wish I did hee hee

Good on you for having lots of fun out, did any of these dances turn into little kisses :) ?

xxx

Thanks Hanz, Im well chuffed too xx

Glad you have supportive mates, I wish I did hee hee

Good on you for having lots of fun out, did any of these dances turn into little kisses :) ?

xxx

Hehe.. Yes! ;)

woop hanz- oh i do love the dancing and kissing- I'm jealous!!!

Someone who i was heading in the romantic direction with texted me last night to tell me he would not be coming to spend this week with me as he is back with an ex. Now I am an understanding person BUT he has totally screwed me over for the last time. He strung me along til he found something better, I totally know this. Anyway I cried myself to sleep, refused to answer him (drives him mad,, he prefers drama and confronmtation) removed him as a friend on facebook (feel like i'm 12!) and am cutting him from my life. This is someone who would be in touch with all day every day, adn had been working abroad for 3 years. Anyway he's far enough away that I never have to bumb into him.

I concentrated last week on the idea that God sends things to test you. If you don't learn the lesson, he will send the test to you in a different way. Last night I learned my lesson. I will not sell my self short, I will not wait around in for a guy, and I will not put trust in someone who has let me down before.

I am off to the pool- I havent been in it in years- please wish me luck I hate the thought of it but I know it will be good for me, and my legs.

Nee you have supportive mates- us....
Don't let them get you down.

Hehe.. Yes! ;)

ha ha love it :) nothing beats a little kissing :)

woop hanz- oh i do love the dancing and kissing- I'm jealous!!!

Someone who i was heading in the romantic direction with texted me last night to tell me he would not be coming to spend this week with me as he is back with an ex. Now I am an understanding person BUT he has totally screwed me over for the last time. He strung me along til he found something better, I totally know this. Anyway I cried myself to sleep, refused to answer him (drives him mad,, he prefers drama and confronmtation) removed him as a friend on facebook (feel like i'm 12!) and am cutting him from my life. This is someone who would be in touch with all day every day, adn had been working abroad for 3 years. Anyway he's far enough away that I never have to bumb into him.

I concentrated last week on the idea that God sends things to test you. If you don't learn the lesson, he will send the test to you in a different way. Last night I learned my lesson. I will not sell my self short, I will not wait around in for a guy, and I will not put trust in someone who has let me down before.

I am off to the pool- I havent been in it in years- please wish me luck I hate the thought of it but I know it will be good for me, and my legs.

Nee you have supportive mates- us....
Don't let them get you down.

Oh Kellie, what an A**e H**e!! you are so much better than that, his loss I say so try not to let it get you down, just hurts though doesnt it :(

How did swimming go? I hope to get swimming during the summer, but in the sea as its free :) if I can brave it of course!!

And yes your are all very supportive and appreciate it more than you would ever know :)

So today Im well proud, Walked into Bournemouth (about 40mins) got some new leggins as mine had got a hole - actually all 3 pairs did oops so got 2 new ones, did some phoning at the horrific job centre and then went to Asda and bought our shop for the week.

Everything is healthy and no treats, all wholegrain rice/bread etc and soups, salad, carrott sticks, tuna etc then for snacking bought 2 boxes of fruit & fibre cereal so I can munch on that. Hoping I can kick my big fat bum into dieting again and try and shift some pounds as hating how I have been recently.

Also, not that its a good thing but I have so far only had 1 bowl of cereal and no major hunger pangs, about to start dinner and just gonna have a jacket potatoe and tuna with a little salad and then tomorrow try and plan the day better.

I will become positive again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS - Judith...where are you?? xxx

xx

I think even better than the kissing is the fact a really nice guy imet on the night out is texting me and wants to hang out sometime.. Eek!

Awwh Kel that sucks, he sounds like a tool.. and I know its cliche but you are million times to good for him if thats the way he acts! Its a good plan to just cut him out and get on with your life.
Congrats on the swimming hun! I still havent got over that hurdle yet.. im always saying 'when I loose another stone' maybe.

Good for you Nee :D shopping is always the hardest part with all those yummy treats.. but if there not in your house you can eat em! :)

I think even better than the kissing is the fact a really nice guy imet on the night out is texting me and wants to hang out sometime.. Eek!

Awwh Kel that sucks, he sounds like a tool.. and I know its cliche but you are million times to good for him if thats the way he acts! Its a good plan to just cut him out and get on with your life.
Congrats on the swimming hun! I still havent got over that hurdle yet.. im always saying 'when I loose another stone' maybe.

Good for you Nee :D shopping is always the hardest part with all those yummy treats.. but if there not in your house you can eat em! :)

Ahh yay, you gonna 'hang' then?

good for you hun x

Ah Hanz, why wouldn't he- your great! Oh so exciting, i love it when u first meet a guy, those little texts, oooooooooo

Nee, bear with it. You will be famous someday and when they make a film of ur life, this part will be at the beginning, probably glossed over as there will be so much stuff they have to get inot the 2 hour film, or maybe it would be a musical or a play???!!!!

I'm not really sure how I am. Inside I am so happy for Hanz. My emotions jump really quick right now. I'm off mostly for the next few days (cos I was supposed to be ahving a visitor) so I need to come up with soem fun cheap ways to make best use of my time.

Work is crap. there is one person who understands but it is amazing the hoops I am jumping through to get basic stuff done. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

And I have the stupid table quiz on Friday so thats like a black cloud hanging over my head.

Food wise, today has been a good day.I know I havent lost all teh extra weight I put on, but slowly I'll get there, maybe by next Tuesday.

Swimming- 24 laps which was fine by me and then I sat in the jacuzzi! I actually didn't mind having unstraightened hair pulled back into a pony tail all day!

Yeah i miss Judith too...

Ah Hanz, why wouldn't he- your great! Oh so exciting, i love it when u first meet a guy, those little texts, oooooooooo

Nee, bear with it. You will be famous someday and when they make a film of ur life, this part will be at the beginning, probably glossed over as there will be so much stuff they have to get inot the 2 hour film, or maybe it would be a musical or a play???!!!!

I'm not really sure how I am. Inside I am so happy for Hanz. My emotions jump really quick right now. I'm off mostly for the next few days (cos I was supposed to be ahving a visitor) so I need to come up with soem fun cheap ways to make best use of my time.

Work is crap. there is one person who understands but it is amazing the hoops I am jumping through to get basic stuff done. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

And I have the stupid table quiz on Friday so thats like a black cloud hanging over my head.

Food wise, today has been a good day.I know I havent lost all teh extra weight I put on, but slowly I'll get there, maybe by next Tuesday.

Swimming- 24 laps which was fine by me and then I sat in the jacuzzi! I actually didn't mind having unstraightened hair pulled back into a pony tail all day!

Yeah i miss Judith too...

Not sure Ill be famous, I just want to work in something I love and ideally win the lottery and run my own Theatre of excellence ha :)

What do you think is bothering you hun? Whats happening with work then? something must be getting you down, I know that bloke wont have helped but you seem so cool and intelligent, someone will def find you soon :) but if u need to chat Im here...Im not going anywhere :)

Well done on the swimming 24 laps ...check you out :)

And today..... First day in ages I have been proper good YAY YAY YAY YAY

xx

Well done nee!!! its an uphill struggle isnt it?

Nee I do not know exactly what is wrong! I can do a list but even that, its just not quite it.
I know I'll be happier with the quiz out of the way, but thats not it.
I just do not know!

Its a massive struggle but I hope if I can manage to get back in control maybe....just maybe everything else will follow....

:( There is definately something going around at the moment of sadness me thinx.

I suppose just try and relax and think about everything and see if you can self analize, get the quiz out the way then have 'you' time

xxx

morning y'all (imagine soft southern drawl)

I am now at 12 5. So 1.5 off last week, but still 2.5 heavier than 2 weeks ago. I know it wasn't a good week. Was hoping for more though (hoping not based on performance though). So shall I get to 12 2 by next week?

It is a beautiful day in the NW

Back