'BIG' .......Bring on the summer :D

morning y'all (imagine soft southern drawl)

I am now at 12 5. So 1.5 off last week, but still 2.5 heavier than 2 weeks ago. I know it wasn't a good week. Was hoping for more though (hoping not based on performance though). So shall I get to 12 2 by next week?

It is a beautiful day in the NW

Morning you :) Loving your southern drawl :)

Well done for shifting 1.5lbs, im sure you can get rid of the next few for next week

x

Congrats on the 1.5 kels :D and yes you can do 12 2! We shall be mini mr motivators all week (Minus the lycra.. It would just be scary on me!)

Bah why do boys suck.. first they text, then they dont text back..then they wait a day and text. I forgot although its fun it can also be stressful! I have so been out of the game too long.

I am officially happy to announce I have completed the big 4 stone challenge! lost 3.5lb tonite, looks like the punishing footie training in the rain did its job. Thou this doesnt mean Im going anywhere.. I have another 4 stone plus to shift now! :)

Congrats on the 1.5 kels :D and yes you can do 12 2! We shall be mini mr motivators all week (Minus the lycra.. It would just be scary on me!)

Bah why do boys suck.. first they text, then they dont text back..then they wait a day and text. I forgot although its fun it can also be stressful! I have so been out of the game too long.

I am officially happy to announce I have completed the big 4 stone challenge! lost 3.5lb tonite, looks like the punishing footie training in the rain did its job. Thou this doesnt mean Im going anywhere.. I have another 4 stone plus to shift now! :)

WELL DONE :) Im utterly jealous but soooo happy for you.

Wonder how much you can lose by September then woo hoo

:talk017:

Congratulations Hanz- I am so proud of u! 4 stone is just amazing, you are dedicated, committed and positive and totally deserve this. How long has it taken you?
Here's to teh second part of your challenge, but don't move on to soon- revel in the glory!

BOYS!!!!! no comment.:mad:

Hows Kellie today?

x

:talk017:

Congratulations Hanz- I am so proud of u! 4 stone is just amazing, you are dedicated, committed and positive and totally deserve this. How long has it taken you?
Here's to teh second part of your challenge, but don't move on to soon- revel in the glory!

BOYS!!!!! no comment.:mad:

Hmm, about 5 months its taken in all. I know it'll take longer for the next 4 but bring it on! Thanks kel & nee you guys are awesome and I honestly think without this forum and thread that I would of lost it during this whole things but seeing other people doing the same thing is an amazing motivator to want to suceed!

No idea what I'll be by september but next week I am going to go and buy a really nice dress for my friends wedding from a shop I never would of been able to before all this and enjoy the hell out of it!

I hope ronsy and judith are ok..havent heard from them in a little while..

Hey everyone,

Hows you all doing?

Im feeling much better on the food subject, had 3 perfect days and been really good calorie wise so feeling pretty positive.

Downside is I think the scales have fully broken, so I cant weigh, but me and OH are gonna go Boots on Monday and do a weigh in there or we might wait 2 weeks first.

Love to you all and Missing Judith and Ronsy......come back xx

Nee
well done
I ate loads today and have had 2 glasses of wine so I don't care
Work cancelled this massive presentaton we were doing- no problem if it was me, but it was youths who put a lot of work in - grrrrrr

Ah broken scales- pain or what?? My mum and my sisters are doing loads for the quiz now, I think they realised how much it was getting to me- yeah!!!!

Hmmm pouring outside-what a lovely duvet day....

God im knackered.. 2 hour footie training, but it was a laugh! Im sucking less each week too so thats a good sign :D

Im glad you've had a great couple days Nee :) Im sure you will rock the weigh in this week, you deserve to.

kels,that sucks for them.. I can imagine putting all that work in for nothing. 2 glasses of wine isnt a disaster.. (atually sound very appealing right now!) thats just a couple extra laps of the pool when you next go!

Hanz, I bet the footie is great fun, and Woo hoo to improving :)

Kellie, Thats proper poo, poor little'n's :( Glad your family are helping with the quiz takes some strain off you.

xx

I'm Back!!!! Sorry to have been missing for so long but once we came home I was sulking as I have put on 14lbs. I know a some of it is water retention (due to the time of the month) and can't remember the last time my hands, feet etc were so swollen with water (yuk!!) so I don't know how to record this so am thinking of waiting until next Monday to figure out my exact weight. But I did have great fun with my Hubby and the dogs and that's what counts most of all.

Wow Hanz congratulations we are soooo proud of you and now you are way ahead of me I will be trying to catch you up this week. I'm sorry about the job situation I came back to another few thanks but no thanks letters. Keep your chin up we will get there!!

Kellie & Nee I'm sorry your having a tough time life is full of stress but I have found over the years that it helps shape us into who we are (sorry showing my age). I am very spiritual and agree with Kellie and her friend that we are all here to learn and if we don't learn the lessons set for us then we have to redo the task. I know this is a pain in the ass, as I appear to have failed some of my lessons so am still in a financial mess, but I did learn the love task which was not to settle! Hold on and trust in who you are and the right person will come along who appreciates you for who you are not what they want you to be. I did have to go through a lot of crap in my younger years but I now understand who I am and what I want out of life and I did have to wait until my late 30's to find him but hell he was worth it.

So much has happened to you all since I was last on so I'm sorry if I have missed out on anyone. But I do know that we are all here for each other (unconditionally) so Nee (and everyone) remember you do have friends who care very much for you and we do want to help and support you as well as know the details (good or bad).
R x :)

Hey Nee, I would like to join your group, I know I'm a bit late for the 'big' challange, but you all sound like you were in the position I am now. Started ages ago lost a good amount but have kinda stuck around at the same weight for six months a lb here or there. Anyway I am on week two now & determind to loose 3 stone for xmas. Would really love to know how you girls have got on?? :)

Good morning all.
It is a beautiful morning at my parents house, I'm looking out at the sea in the distance. I can see beauty again- the table quiz went amazingly well-€820 raised. And most surprising was, out of the 16 tables, 10 were just tourists who came along!!So relieved!! All went smoothly and that is most of the money I need raised! So sponsorship cards now, maybe a coffee morning and thats it!

As for weight, i'm hoping for STS! Not at all good, but not so bad as last week.

ChunkyMonkey- u ask how we are all getting on? Well I started in MArch at 14 2, I am now (fingers crossed not more than) 12 5, although officially I am 12 2.5 but I put on weight 2 weeks ago, but I am planning on getting back to it by Tuesday (or maybe a week Tues!!). I am doing the "marathon diet" which allows a good volume of food, with a little consideration of when I'm running (pasta 3 hours before kinda thing). I suppose I have lost nearly 2 stone, but I have gained more than that in terms of supportive circle, learning about why I binge eat, what can help and also at some point 4 miles became an easy run,8 miles became a nice run, and 14+ is now the challenge. I have had some really low points (last few weeks) but what I have not done is spent longer than a few weeks in a low point of self pity and binge eating. My aim is to learn how to avoid binge eating all together as it rips me apart- i feel out of control and filled with self disgust as I stuff my face, and with teh group on here, I do feel i get over it more quickly. For me, I paln to be on this til next April!!! I'm making a long term commitment and even then I plan on staying around as I think I will always be addicted to food, and one step away from being 14 stone again.

Ronsy welcome home!! I'm glas you had a good hol!! You totally deserved it. SO do you think I will ever learn how to get good with money??!

I'm Back!!!! .............. But I did have great fun with my Hubby and the dogs and that's what counts most of all.

Kellie & Nee I'm sorry your having a tough time life is full of stress but I have found over the years that it helps shape us into who we are (sorry showing my age). I am very spiritual and agree with Kellie and her friend that we are all here to learn and if we don't learn the lessons set for us then we have to redo the task. I know this is a pain in the ass, as I appear to have failed some of my lessons so am still in a financial mess, but I did learn the love task which was not to settle! Hold on and trust in who you are and the right person will come along who appreciates you for who you are not what they want you to be. I did have to go through a lot of crap in my younger years but I now understand who I am and what I want out of life and I did have to wait until my late 30's to find him but hell he was worth it.

So much has happened to you all since I was last on so I'm sorry if I have missed out on anyone. But I do know that we are all here for each other (unconditionally) so Nee (and everyone) remember you do have friends who care very much for you and we do want to help and support you as well as know the details (good or bad).
R x :)

Hey Ronsy, good to have you back and glad you had a great time :)

dont worry about the 4lbs it will go soon enough!

obviously you dont have to go into detail but what sort of financial messes have u been in? dont answer to this if you dont want to x

Hey Nee, I would like to join your group, I know I'm a bit late for the 'big' challange, but you all sound like you were in the position I am now. Started ages ago lost a good amount but have kinda stuck around at the same weight for six months a lb here or there. Anyway I am on week two now & determind to loose 3 stone for xmas. Would really love to know how you girls have got on?? :)

Of course you can join, Im sure this group will be going on a long time as I know I have alot of weight to shift yet....too much even ha ha

How much do u have to lose in total?

My Journey started off pretty well I started on 19st 11lbs got down to 18st 4lbs but have since gone back up to 18st 11lbs AGAIN!! had alot going on and was feeling to stressed and down to concentrate on the diet, and even though things are still anightmare I have managed to just about get some focus back on my diet so a restart again on monday just gone and at the minute feeling quite positive and nice to have a focus even if its only this at the minute :)

Good luck with your and keep us updated

x

Good morning all.
It is a beautiful morning at my parents house, I'm looking out at the sea in the distance. I can see beauty again- the table quiz went amazingly well-€820 raised. And most surprising was, out of the 16 tables, 10 were just tourists who came along!!So relieved!! All went smoothly and that is most of the money I need raised! So sponsorship cards now, maybe a coffee morning and thats it!

As for weight, i'm hoping for STS! Not at all good, but not so bad as last week.

ChunkyMonkey- u ask how we are all getting on? Well I started in MArch at 14 2, I am now (fingers crossed not more than) 12 5, although officially I am 12 2.5 but I put on weight 2 weeks ago, but I am planning on getting back to it by Tuesday (or maybe a week Tues!!). I am doing the "marathon diet" which allows a good volume of food, with a little consideration of when I'm running (pasta 3 hours before kinda thing). I suppose I have lost nearly 2 stone, but I have gained more than that in terms of supportive circle, learning about why I binge eat, what can help and also at some point 4 miles became an easy run,8 miles became a nice run, and 14+ is now the challenge. I have had some really low points (last few weeks) but what I have not done is spent longer than a few weeks in a low point of self pity and binge eating. My aim is to learn how to avoid binge eating all together as it rips me apart- i feel out of control and filled with self disgust as I stuff my face, and with teh group on here, I do feel i get over it more quickly. For me, I paln to be on this til next April!!! I'm making a long term commitment and even then I plan on staying around as I think I will always be addicted to food, and one step away from being 14 stone again.

Ronsy welcome home!! I'm glas you had a good hol!! You totally deserved it. SO do you think I will ever learn how to get good with money??!

Hey kellie,

so glad the quiz went well YAY and sounds like you did well in raising money Yay to tourists whoop! - what is this actually in aid off - sorry if you have said already :)

------------------------------------------------------------

well, Im on to day 6 of being back on the diet and feeling sooooo much better for it, as mentioned above, Im still floating around unsure of our problems and how its gonna sort itself out but realise having the focus on the diet does improve my mood :)

Have not exceeded more than 1200 cals each day and had some lower days which Im happy with, but I am getting alot of hunger pangs with trying to throw out my stupid habbits of temptation!

Spent alot of yesterday investigating diets as wasnt fully happy with my previous attempts and am heading towards a fibre diet, which seems to be good in many ways including weight loss.

In fact i have upped my fibre this week and have spent sooo much time on the ladies ;) that I know somethings working in my body!

I also had a look into some things about emotional eating with how to control it and there is a line right at the beginning of one site which I find very fitting ....

'Emotional eating never truly satisfies. And whether you use emotional eating to feed feelings of stress, depression, loneliness, anxiety, frustration or boredom, in the long run, it only makes matters much worse.'

Also, from a while back and speaking with my GP they agreed to low Calories with me and with the fibre diet you can have from 850-1500 calories so aiming at around 1000 so if under its ok and if over its also ok.

has anyone ever done a cereal diet for like 1-2 weeks? me and the OH are thinking about next week ordering loads of cereal to have for 2 weeks - abit like the Special K diet or whatever it is... any thoughts?

x

Welcome back Ronsy! Im glad you had a great time on Hols hun :D Im sure you shall be back head n head with me in no time ;)

Heya Monkiee :D Your definately onto a good thread here, is amazingly great to come along when your feeling tempted or at a low point. Another fellow slimming worlder too! which plan are you on?
I started Slimming world in feb weighing 19st 9 (which was a big shock, as I hadnt really weighed myself in a long time so to find me nr the 20 stone mark was crazy). Have been sticking to it for the last 5 months alongside my parents who also do it too. My last weigh in I came in at 15st 6 1/2, and im about halfway to where I want to be at the mo!

Nee - That quote is so dead on, its a cycle with emotional eating..your upset - eat - get more upset because you've eaten and are gaining weight - eat.. argh. That was pretty much the last 6 years of my life.. I think like kel said you def learn alot about why you eat and stuff along this weight loss journey and have to find new ways to deal with destructive behaviours.

I love that you have lost so much hanz, it really keeps me in hope, just gutted I lost my way, but Im still gonna beat this thing

x

Yeah Hanz, you give us all hope!

Nee- my local hospital is who I am fundraising for.

I'm still out of sorts, seriously what is wrong with me. Eating has been medium, not great but not destructive. But inside something is not adding up.... I cannot put my finger on it. i'm not down just uncertain....

Do I make any sense outside my own head?

half marathon done

hi all,
i did it, i finished my first half marathon.
I sit here in my pjs, with ice on my heel and my knee, afraid to go down the stairs again.

The first 8 miles were fantastic, they were beautiful and I felt amazing and strong, slightly uncomfortable but ok.
The it went downhill, my times dropped, my hips felt massive (?? do thin ppl get this) and i was uncomfortable, the last 2 miles were very very tough.
But i finished. in 2.31.15 if anyone is interested. As i sit here the london triathlon finishes and times are 1.45- puts in perspective how slow i ran!!

I am both proud of what i did (although a minus 2.30 would have been amazing) and afraid of what is still to go. Race pace is tough and to think in 15 weeks I have to do twice that. I am only understanding what that actually means now.

Interestingly i'm not even thinking about food!

Hi everyone, our BT homehub has died on me so I can't get online. Not sure when it will be fixed but until then I won't be posting as typing on my phone is doing my head in. I will try to keep up with what you are all doing but my phone signal is not great at home. Sorry to go missing again but I will be back when I can get back on my computer. R x

hi all,
I sit here in my pjs, with ice on my heel and my knee, afraid to go down the stairs again.

The first 8 miles were fantastic, they were beautiful and I felt amazing and strong, slightly uncomfortable but ok.
The it went downhill, my times dropped, my hips felt massive (?? do thin ppl get this) and i was uncomfortable, the last 2 miles were very very tough.
But i finished. in 2.31.15 if anyone is interested. As i sit here the london triathlon finishes and times are 1.45- puts in perspective how slow i ran!!

I am both proud of what i did (although a minus 2.30 would have been amazing) and afraid of what is still to go. Race pace is tough and to think in 15 weeks I have to do twice that. I am only understanding what that actually means now.

Kel, that is amazing!! Congrats hun :D Wow.. 10 miles is crazy. You should be so proud you finished it,even when it got really tough.

Nee- my local hospital is who I am fundraising for.

I'm still out of sorts, seriously what is wrong with me.

Do I make any sense outside my own head?

Good for you with the fundraising, must b a good feeling :)

And yes you do make sense I think its a case of trying to get to the bottom of why your feeling like this :(

hi all,

WOW, go you, so impressed hun, you hurting today? I could never do a marathon!!!

How are u feeling at the mo?

x

Hi everyone, our BT homehub has died on me so I can't get online. Not sure when it will be fixed but until then I won't be posting as typing on my phone is doing my head in. I will try to keep up with what you are all doing but my phone signal is not great at home. Sorry to go missing again but I will be back when I can get back on my computer. R x

I know that feeling Im using a crappy internet pay as u go dongle...sooooo slow!!!

Back