'BIG' .......Bring on the summer :D

Hey guys (sheepish voice), I'm back. Sorry I disappeared but I've suffered from horrible post-holiday blues and been a bit all over the place. I have been reading the forum a bit but couldn't reply cos I've not been trying at all so was a bit embarressed. Especially as I'm always encouraging others to post during bad times as well as good. But more later...

I think a big problem is all this uncertainty of whether we will even have anywhere to live soon, and will be be able to keep the dogs, and be able to start my degree in september, which doesnt help that when I was doing my student loan yesterday looks like Im going to have to contribute to my tuition fees (meaning I need £2k!!! never gonna happen)

One little positive is I applied for the most awesome job at a theatre for a dance company and will find out if I have been shortlisted on Monday, if I did happen to get that, maybe the degree issue (not being able to afford to go) will make it easier...but still although its a wicked job it isnt fully what I wanted to do as its more front of house than backstage.

Not a major mission but if I can get out of the habbit of fast food or eating stuff like that even if I make it might be a start!

Blinking dogs - they're worse than kids! hope you sort something out. Part of my depression was finding out how much I need to help TT out financially if he goes to uni. Its stupid money so I'm now looking for permanant work after having retired last year. Thats if he even gets his grades which is a whole other story. Nice to think there is a chance of work tho and it might put you in a good position if something you really want comes up. xx

A friend once told me (and i read it on thursday in O! magazine) that you are put in situations to learn. So when you learn the lesson, life will not give you the situation again. Fail to learn- the same issue will come back, maybe in a different way. So that's what I'm trying to do, stop focusing on failing and look at what life is trying to teach me.

This makes so much sense but I must be really thick cos I obviously don't learn the lessons. Missed you too Kels xxx

I think friends are really useful on this weight loss stuff to be able to talk to and moan to! It was tricky at first telling them, and apart from the odd moan when I dont drink or something they've actually been amazingly supportive and are right behind me. My best friend is always asking me how its going and congratulating me :D

I had the best night on friday, went out and drank (after the weeks disapointment I decided I deserved it) and had fun. I felt really good about myself for the first time in ages and danced with lots of cute guys..nothing like that to make you feel better! Im so glad im getting some self confidence after years of just feeling like crap.. I cannot wait to keep loosing weight and buying more pretty things! :D

Supportive friends and cute guys??? You don't know how unusual that is!! Hanz, life is really looking up. xx

I am officially happy to announce I have completed the big 4 stone challenge! lost 3.5lb tonite, looks like the punishing footie training in the rain did its job. Thou this doesnt mean Im going anywhere.. I have another 4 stone plus to shift now! :)

Wow. Just...just... wow. Sooooo jealous.

I'm Back!!!! Sorry to have been missing for so long but once we came home I was sulking as I have put on 14lbs. I know a some of it is water retention (due to the time of the month) and can't remember the last time my hands, feet etc were so swollen with water (yuk!!) so I don't know how to record this so am thinking of waiting until next Monday to figure out my exact weight. But I did have great fun with my Hubby and the dogs and that's what counts most of all.

Ronsy, you and me both. I don't have the excuse of water retention except when I was actually on the plane and my ankles grew wider than my thighs. So attractive! Glad you're back. xx

hi all,
i did it, i finished my first half marathon.
I sit here in my pjs, with ice on my heel and my knee, afraid to go down the stairs again.

The first 8 miles were fantastic, they were beautiful and I felt amazing and strong, slightly uncomfortable but ok.
The it went downhill, my times dropped, my hips felt massive (?? do thin ppl get this) and i was uncomfortable, the last 2 miles were very very tough.
But i finished. in 2.31.15 if anyone is interested. As i sit here the london triathlon finishes and times are 1.45- puts in perspective how slow i ran!!

Amazing, what a star. So proud of you. xx

Okay, I know I'm an unreliable hypocrite but I'm here to say "I'm Judi and I'm a yo-yo dieter". When I got back from Vegas I felt pretty good and had a couple of good days which knocked off 3 of the 6lbs I'd put on. But then had to go straight off to London for girlie weekend. Saw Dirty Dancing on the stage which was fab-u-lous. Worth every penny of the £70 ticket. I ate and drank more than I should and then when I got back home I just carried on. Seemed to have lost any inclination to even try very hard. Each day tried with a slimfast drink but by mid-afternoon I was usually on my third chocolate bar. Then the takeaways started creeping in on the evenings and I put back on the 3lbs I'd lost and another one for good measure. I just didn't want to depress you and me by coming on here and talking about it so I hid away. :hide:

So today I'm starting again. I'll update my tracker and accept that this is my new starting point. I've missed you guys so much and it was lovely to get e-mails from Nee to check I was ok. I was struggling and these helped me try to crawl back out of the pit. I don't want to put on the weight I've lost (which I most certainly will) and I still want to try and make it to 12 stone 6lbs. Love to you all, :grouphugg: xxxxx

YAY YAY YAY Judith is back with us YAY YAY YAY

So glad your back, were gonna do it this time OK!!!

Keep posting lovely

x

Judith,
you were so missed!!!
Glad your back. OK missy dont u ever be afraid to come on here, i do not care if you've just eaten the entire menu at dominos!! and about to eat every flavour of ben and jerrys.

I have spent the afternoon at a spa, (i'm now as white as a ghost and as chilled as one too!) and it was just brilliant. I had a chinese last night- and had the other half of it this morning for breakfast- i ran a half marathon, so I allow me that!! But that will be it. Running yesterday i realised how every pound counts so I am determined to stop my treats and extras and get it down to at least 11!!! I may need help!

Nee- any word on the job you went for?

How is everyone else? Ronsy hope you get sorted soon, those dongles dont sound 2 good!

Oh Karma- I did 44 laps at the pool this morn!!

I didnt even get an interview!!! Was pretty upset, heard last Monday so now just continueing my housing dilema ha ha

xx

the fools, what have they missed out on! keep ur head above water nee, life is very ahrd on u right now...

I have just been advised (indireclty thru online resources) that I ma a "salty sweater" and that i need to get more salt in my diet- popcorn being my favourite suggestion to do this woo hoo!!!

the fools, what have they missed out on! keep ur head above water nee, life is very ahrd on u right now...

I have just been advised (indireclty thru online resources) that I ma a "salty sweater" and that i need to get more salt in my diet- popcorn being my favourite suggestion to do this woo hoo!!!

Life sucks huh!!! On a good note I am on Day 8 of being good with food WHOOP

Telling you now, I could almost live off salt I can never get enough on my food hee hee I envy you for having to increase it when I should probably be reducing mine :)

OK missy dont u ever be afraid to come on here, i do not care if you've just eaten the entire menu at dominos!! and about to eat every flavour of ben and jerrys.

Funny you should say that as there is a Domino's opening on 2nd August walking distance from home - damnit to b*ggery. I will now have to resist the lure of Pizza Hut and Dominos!

Yesterday, Day 1 went pretty good but actually forgot to weigh myself this morning. As a serial weigher this only happens when I'm not dieting so I hope it isn't a sign that my heart's not in this restart?

We;ve all been there, haven't we? Fallen off the waggon > determined to get back on and last 4 days with lots of long periods of not eating and then stuffing 1500 cals down in one meal on basis that its still "dieting". Then having a really bad day, then 2 good days, then 2 bad days, then a half-hearted attempt, then just give up all together. And then spend 6 months putting back on what you lost plus a few extra pounds for good measure. Please, please don't let me be that person again.

Been out with dog and made a good start today. Got lots to do so hopefully won't succumb to boredom eating.

Have a good day you lovely WeMitts. xxx

Funny you should say that as there is a Domino's opening on 2nd August walking distance from home - damnit to b*ggery. I will now have to resist the lure of Pizza Hut and Dominos!

Yesterday, Day 1 went pretty good but actually forgot to weigh myself this morning. As a serial weigher this only happens when I'm not dieting so I hope it isn't a sign that my heart's not in this restart?

We;ve all been there, haven't we? Fallen off the waggon > determined to get back on and last 4 days with lots of long periods of not eating and then stuffing 1500 cals down in one meal on basis that its still "dieting". Then having a really bad day, then 2 good days, then 2 bad days, then a half-hearted attempt, then just give up all together. And then spend 6 months putting back on what you lost plus a few extra pounds for good measure. Please, please don't let me be that person again.

Been out with dog and made a good start today. Got lots to do so hopefully won't succumb to boredom eating.

Have a good day you lovely WeMitts. xxx

Whoop to having a good day hun so proud, and beleive me I know how hard it is hence having just come back from being AWOL!!

It must be normal to go through these patches, as many of us do seem to have them, I think I and probably many others have to work out how to stop these 'patches'!!

------------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow we have money again and are going to get weighed at boots tomorrow or Thursday and I know were gonna want a treat, I keep thinking of having a mcdonalds breakfast...double sausage and egg mcmuffin and hash brown...yum...but Im actually going to try something different.

I always allow treats on weigh day, like a day off, normally I would have a takeaway and a sweet something.... financially we can never afford to but for some reason there is always allowances for junk food, so Im thinking of buying a really nice dinner - like a proper joint of meat (which we never have) or even a Pie (which I would never ever ever ever have on a diet) I know that doesnt sound exciting, but Im so strict when Im on diets that to have a proper big yummy dinner is soooo appealing... plus Im not the greatest of cooks so I cant be too adventurous :)

I will let you know what I decide...

Had another couple of down days (sunday and Monday) we had found somewhere to move and they agreed to let the dogs be there too, which was a massive relief, planned to move wednesday as in tomorrow (obviously were being evicted very soon so having to try and be quick just incase) anyway had sorted travel, money, packed the lot and then they tell us sunday afternoon...via text message ... they had reconsidered and dont want dogs!!!! I cried, OH was devasted... and then spent all of sunday moping and then yesterday trying to pick ourselves back up....luckily never slipped on the diet whoop!

so back to square 'nil' again!! cant get a job, desperate to start my degree, and nowhere to live!!

Anyway, I contacted another last night and they called me this afternoon, and sounds really promising, happy with dogs, its a large room, with broadband, sky or virgin, bills inc etc.... and there going to confirm that its definately ok for the dogs and let me know tomorrow, so fingers crossed!! As the last couple of days we have had to consider letting one or both dogs go which would certianly make everything even worse.

Really glad Im not letting my diet slip just yet, lets hope I keep it up!!

Also sorry for the ramblings, just needed to express myself but I must say Im not feeling to bad this minute!!

oh nee, pie spounds beautiful!!! I may try finding a recipe and attempting to cook a healthy one as a treat also!!

Judith- do you think we could sue dominos????

Nee- WTF why tell you yes then reconsider ahhhhhhhh how head wrecking. When You get through this you are going to be able to deal with anything life throws at you.

Judith, why do we do what we do? Weight is up and down and up and down- if we counted only what we lost, not gained over our lifetimes we'd be in negative weight!
Nee and I did similar things to help us out of our pits- my version was to eat anything I wanted, as much as I wanted so long as it was healthy food. It helped get me back on track.

I weighed myself this morning- 12 6!! WTF! I'm hoping it was water retention (was terribly bloated but not sure why) I was 12 3 after the half marathon!!! SO now i need to lose 6 lbs in 2 weeks. I feel I've been dawdling recently so want to get really serious about weight loss. A stone less to carry around 26 miles of New York would be a massive help.

Kellie I bet it is water retention or it could be muscle from all your running, have you done any measurements as it could be lost there than on the scales?

xx

Looks like my broadband is working again (hope it is still working in the morning) I just posted this on the other thread, and am away to bed so will catch up with you all tomorrow.

Well after putting on 10lbs of water :faint2: and 4lbs of fat during my totm, holiday and birthday treats I have been good for the last week and lost 5lbs (plus the water). But in reality it means I have only lost 1lb in three weeks as 4lbs were due to stupidity (but fun).

I have learned a BIG lesson this month and it explains why I was a serial yoyo dieter before. :nono:

I won't be doing this again as I scared myself :fear:

Hey I was just updating my ticker etc and noticed that I have lost 4 Stone!!! Okay so it has take me since 2008 but heck I am so happy tonight. :D

:thankyou: all for helping me get here!!

I always allow treats on weigh day, like a day off, normally I would have a takeaway and a sweet something....

so back to square 'nil' again!! cant get a job, desperate to start my degree, and nowhere to live!!

Really glad Im not letting my diet slip just yet, lets hope I keep it up!!

I like the idea of treats on weigh-in day so I've shifted mine to Fridays as thats the day I'm most likely to want one. Sorry to hear house/job hunting such a trial. But brilliant that you aren't relapsing because of it. Not sure about the "...not yet..." bit - just say "I'm going to be good today/this hour/this minute". xx

Judith, why do we do what we do? Weight is up and down and up and down- if we counted only what we lost, not gained over our lifetimes we'd be in negative weight!

I weighed myself this morning- 12 6!! ... I feel I've been dawdling recently so want to get really serious about weight loss. A stone less to carry around 26 miles of New York would be a massive help.

I've lost my current total body weight twice already - so how mad is that? You are doing so well even with a couple of blips - cannot even get my head round running a mile let alone twenty-blo*dy- six of them. xx

Do you think you would be a different person if you never got fat (I think I'm asking myself that question but anyone can answer)

I definately think I'd more more confident and a bit more light-hearted when I'm out because I would lose a lot of my self-consciousness. Because of my height I'm not someone you'd notice in a crowd as being "fat" but equally you'd never look at me and think "cor.." I'd just like to feel more attractive.

Well after putting on 10lbs of water :faint2: and 4lbs of fat during my totm, holiday and birthday treats I have been good for the last week and lost 5lbs (plus the water). But in reality it means I have only lost 1lb in three weeks as 4lbs were due to stupidity (but fun).

Losing a pound is still a much better result than putting on weight. x

Hey I was just updating my ticker etc and noticed that I have lost 4 Stone!!! Okay so it has take me since 2008 but heck I am so happy tonight. :D

HURRAY - GO RONSY!!!! Well done girl.xx

Remembered to weigh myself today and bit disappointed to see not an ounce moved after two very good days (only 800 cals yesterday). Good start to today. Just off to cinema to see Inception with TT (Orange Weds) and then poker game tonight where I will take squash/diet coke and skip the usual lager. Have a lovely sunny day everyone. xx

What is orange weds?We went through today all the stuff we are doing in August- OMG!!! I am goin to be wrecked. But I am going to approach this positively. If i do an extra day every week until the end of the busy period (October 15th), as well as the overtime that is needed working directly with young people, that is 17 extra days work- so I'll be able to take extra time off (we dont get paid for overtime) and that is over 3 weeks, plus the 2 weeks I already have- so possibly all of November off?? (contract runs out in December and who knows what'll happen). I just need to believe i can get through it. 2 years ago it was the same thing and I put on 2 stone because of it in 6 weeks (seriously) and I will not let that happen. I can't. I am not carrying 14 stone around streets of New YorkSo Ronsy how are you doing being back at home?Judith, 2 days, give it time, do not get down. It will come off. you played poker in Las vegas- you are a true gambler! I am so impressed. Win big tonight!

Thanks for the congratulations I really appreciate it. It has been a tough slog and dosen't appear to be getting any easier. I was doing great this week until I got some more bad news about a job so cooked a huge pan of brown rice and spices as I needed to comfort eat. I feel better now and know I have not doen any damage to my eating plan and my body will appreciate the roughage so back on track.

Kellie it is poss water retention I have always been bad for retaining huge amounts (between 2lbs to 10lbs) and my Dr thinks I'm weird but it does eventually go you just have to keep your skin moisturised do it dosent get damaged with all the puffyness etc.

Nee have you heard about the room and can the dogs stay with you?

Slimmer how you doing this week?

Judith how was the film and good luck at poker!

Hanz are you here of off playing footie?

Collie where are you?

R x

What is orange weds?

If you have an Orange mobile account you get buy-one-get-one-free on Cinema tickets on a Weds. We just bought a pay as you go sim for the phone and swop it over to text them to get the code and then go back to our own sims afterwards. Has saved a fortune - today was less than £6 for both of us. A bit annoying as you have to reset time afterwards but fine if you have an old mobile that you can just leave plugged in with the Orange sim card in it. Inception was very good - very complicated but TT was seeing it for second time and still thought it was ace.

Poker was crap tonite - hence me being home by 11pm instead of 3am. I am thinking of taking a break for first time since I started playing 5 years ago. Its just getting on my nerves and not being as fun as it was. But not sure what else I'd do with my time I'm such a sad act.

Ate 1/4 bag of sweet popcorn in cinema, 2 slimfasts and small homemade beef curry today and no lager tonight. So a good day I think.

Night all - sleep tight. xx

Well I have finally moved on the scales but only a lb so still not happy, Ah well I just have to accept it. So another 5 lbs in 12 days? I am being disciplined, so drinking less normal tea with sugar and milk, less snacks, so 3 meals, a snack before a morning or evening run and an extra snack after a long run. Really hoping I can do this.

I play with the numbers constantly- 15 weeks to marathon, 2 weeks to next goal deadline, 3 lbs a week, 1 lb a week- ahhhh!!!!

Do you think you would be a different person if you never got fat (I think I'm asking myself that question but anyone can answer)

I definately think I would be different, alot more confident and I think I would be a cool dresser ha ha In some ways I appreciate being big as I think it helps you to look at people for who they are and not what they look like and also when you are with someone and they love you even though you are bigger you know there must be something good in your personality to keep them there :)

But without a doubt I wish I had never been so stupid!!

Well done, such an acheivement :) xx

What is orange weds?We went through today all the stuff we are doing in August- OMG!!! I am goin to be wrecked. But I am going to approach this positively. If i do an extra day every week until the end of the busy period (October 15th), as well as the overtime that is needed working directly with young people, that is 17 extra days work- so I'll be able to take extra time off (we dont get paid for overtime) and that is over 3 weeks, plus the 2 weeks I already have- so possibly all of November off?? (contract runs out in December and who knows what'll happen). I just need to believe i can get through it. 2 years ago it was the same thing and I put on 2 stone because of it in 6 weeks (seriously) and I will not let that happen. I can't. I am not carrying 14 stone around streets of New YorkSo Ronsy how are you doing being back at home?Judith, 2 days, give it time, do not get down. It will come off. you played poker in Las vegas- you are a true gambler! I am so impressed. Win big tonight!

You are gonna be K'er'nackered!! but sometimes thats a good thing, just dont over do it xx

Thanks for the congratulations I really appreciate it. It has been a tough slog and dosen't appear to be getting any easier. I was doing great this week until I got some more bad news about a job so cooked a huge pan of brown rice and spices as I needed to comfort eat. I feel better now and know I have not doen any damage to my eating plan and my body will appreciate the roughage so back on track.

Kellie it is poss water retention I have always been bad for retaining huge amounts (between 2lbs to 10lbs) and my Dr thinks I'm weird but it does eventually go you just have to keep your skin moisturised do it dosent get damaged with all the puffyness etc.

Nee have you heard about the room and can the dogs stay with you?

Slimmer how you doing this week?

Judith how was the film and good luck at poker!

Hanz are you here of off playing footie?

Collie where are you?

R x

No not heard back :( they said they would call yesterday and never did, I called a couple of times and sent a text and still nothing :( GIVE UP!! xx

If you have an Orange mobile account you get buy-one-get-one-free on Cinema tickets on a Weds. We just bought a pay as you go sim for the phone and swop it over to text them to get the code and then go back to our own sims afterwards. Has saved a fortune - today was less than £6 for both of us. A bit annoying as you have to reset time afterwards but fine if you have an old mobile that you can just leave plugged in with the Orange sim card in it. Inception was very good - very complicated but TT was seeing it for second time and still thought it was ace.

Poker was crap tonite - hence me being home by 11pm instead of 3am. I am thinking of taking a break for first time since I started playing 5 years ago. Its just getting on my nerves and not being as fun as it was. But not sure what else I'd do with my time I'm such a sad act.

Ate 1/4 bag of sweet popcorn in cinema, 2 slimfasts and small homemade beef curry today and no lager tonight. So a good day I think.

Night all - sleep tight. xx

Hmmm sweet popcorn Yum!! how did you find Inception? How are you feeling at the moment hun? xx

Well I have finally moved on the scales but only a lb so still not happy, Ah well I just have to accept it. So another 5 lbs in 12 days? I am being disciplined, so drinking less normal tea with sugar and milk, less snacks, so 3 meals, a snack before a morning or evening run and an extra snack after a long run. Really hoping I can do this.

I play with the numbers constantly- 15 weeks to marathon, 2 weeks to next goal deadline, 3 lbs a week, 1 lb a week- ahhhh!!!!

you will get there hun, you are very active its bound to show more eventualy, I really think you need to get that measuring tape out to see :)

------------------------------------------------------------

Well as said above not heard back from the 'promising room' whether its just they havent had the chance or what I dont know, but I did try calling and sent a text :(

After being really good for a week and a half - not exceeding 1000 cals, I went to boots yesterday to be horrified that it said 19st 1lb!!!!!!!!!! :eek: Gutted!! wanted to go off the rails and scream but was good all day but at night we did opt for a takeaway and have ordered our shopping for the next 2 weeks so I cant be naughty!

So I am now heavier than I thought I was, even though I can see a change in my face, but now Im wondering were my scales right in the first place as they have broken (they turn on but noone is there) so Im not happy but gonna just take it as it is and try and shift some blubber... gonna weigh in a week and a half or 2 weeks to see what the latest will be...and it better be a loss!!

Hope everyone is well xxx

Back