'BIG' .......Bring on the summer :D

i am still about and i read all my subscribed threads while on the go (blackberry mobile)! i just never have time to get on a pc and reply :( xx

Hello Everyone

I found this thread in the maintenance section from Poppypoo. Its worth checking out as it tells you how many cals we each need to lose weight or maintain.

R x

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/

.................................................. ..................................................

Calculate how many calories you need to stay in bed all day and not gain weight!
Hi everyone.

Your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) is the number of calories your body requires to function when sleeping or lying in bed all day doing nothing.

It is calculated using a formula which considers your gender, age, height and weight.

I'm not advocating lying around in bed all day, but we all have days like that now and again where we're a bit run down or just feel like we deserve a rest because we've been doing too much.

Well here's a fab little tool that I've shared in one of the other forums that might be of use here too as I would think it could come in pretty handy for maintainers.

You can also use it as a base rate for when you are active, by taking your BMR and applying another formula that tells you the total amount of calories your body needs depending on your level of activity from sedentary to extra active.

Calculate your BMR here: BMR Calculator

And the Harris Benedict Formula that you use to estimate your further calorie needs depending on your level of daily activity is at: Harris Benedict Equation

Sorry if this info is a bore to anyone that already knows but not everyone knows about this so I thought it would be good to share.

Xxx

Good post Ronsy, I think some people will definately find it useful :)

I just did it and In order for me to just maintain I would need 2371.50 calories, so in order to lose weight I should have around 1800 calories a day.... I do agree with it but Im doing Low calories high Fibre so not so good for me

xx

I worked out what I should have been eating when I was piling on the weight. It's no wonder I go into such a bad state but with this info I can make sure it won't happen again and I have already worked out what I will need to maintain once I get to goal and have put it in my signature so I can't forget!!!

Ronsy, congrats on the 4 stone :D Woot!

Hope everyone is ok :D Have been larking about for the last couple days.. Started my new summer job as a chambermaid so sweating it out every morning changing beds and hoovering.. thats exercise right? ;D
I missed weigh in this week as football training was moved to the same time and well figured I'd skip it for a week. Ah well.. hopefully i'll have two weeks worth of weight loss next week instead!! This month is probably going to be a low loss one anyway, have a couple weddings and events comming up.
Have an all day football tournament on saturday so lots more exercise to add on top... Im actually enjoying football, my fitness is really improving and Im keeping up :D

I did my BMR when I started and its 2300 so I know that if I'm struggling I have to stay below that to stand still. This can help if I can't keep it down below 1500. I tell myself I can still lose 1.5lbs per week if I don't go above 1500 cals each day.

Hanz thats a hard job and you will def not have to go to a gym after that, have fun at the events you have planned as life is short and with all the footie you are playing your sure to stay on top of things. :bliss:

Hiya Kellie hows the PF has your foot settled down yet? You asked a while ago about the financial stuff we are going through so here goes...

One of our companies went bust due to the product we were using being changed by the supplier and thus it stopped working properly. As customer service is our top priority we closed the offices in Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen and let our staff go as we did not want to sell a product we were not happy with and that effectivly did not work. I will not say how much we lost on this as it was in the six figures and makes me cry whenever I think about it. OH also contracts for BP (Telecoms) who are in a mess due the leak in the USA so looks like he is being laid off next month, and I have a Coaching (Hypno, NLP, EFT) business but in this climate no one wants to pay for emotional help, they will pay for physical pain to be removed (dentist etc) but not emotional pain as they just bottle it up and hope it goes away.

I had to put the Coaching on hold a few years back to look after my Mum who has severe Alzhimer's (she was living with us) so have not earned a wage for some years. I am building back my client list but it is slow and we need the money now as we have bills to pay. I have tried for other jobs but keep being told i'm over qualified :confused:

Thus we are selling our wonderful house in the country and moving goodness knows where ASAP. We hope we have learned some of the lessons we are meant to learn but to be honest I can't get my head about it all. I am a smart business woman and do my research, looking after Mum was a no brainer (as we love her!!) and as for Oh business and mine well who knows? I've been trained by the best in the business but it's still not working out the way I want, so selling up and starting again seems the best option. I just re-read that no wonder I've been comfort eating! :sigh:

I do read Tarot cards etc (great gran was a medium) so am now seeing if I can start a busines doing that. No jokes about pychics, we cannot predict our own future or seek personal gain from our Guides, if we could I would have had the lottery numbers years ago :D :vibes:

Judith I did not know how to work out my BMR before this article. It has been a real eye opener for me and I have no doubt will help now and in the future. :)

Last edited:
Hanz, Id love to play football but I know I couldnt cope with it, lack of eye and ball coordination ha ha good luck for the all day tournament

Ronsy, sounds like you have been through a lot, but you do indeed sound very smart and you will come out of it the other side :)

Hope everyone is ok

x

well ronsy if you ever need an ear i (and we) are here for you! life can be so rough sometimes. any idea where you're moving to?x

Thanks Ladies, I am a 'very' positive person so have put it all down to Karma from a previous life and am trying to learn the lessons I have been sent here to figure out?

Colly, not sure where we will go depends on where we can rent with our dogs and cats but looking at ASPC website it looks like we may end up going up to the Elgin area. I can't go too far as I want to be near Kingswells so I can still see my Mum.

nee- same boat as me, i cant tell my left from my right and I walk into things all the time.Adding a ball? Not a chance!

BUT i did run 16.5 miles.

So I am off out tonight, and tomorrow night and sunday night- busy days ahead folks, need to just keep an eye on the alcohol. still v little movement on scales but this dress I bought maybe 2 months ago is still looser!Ronsy, dont quite believe in karma but def love the get thru it attitude. I really feel fro you though, you both worked hard and thru no fault of ur own it seems the world is just biting your behind. well done on the attitude- they take our land, but they can never take our freedom!!!

Kellie I still can't get my head around how far you run!! :eek: It takes me all my time to walk the dogs (and I love walking!!). I can understand your clothes being looser on you as you will be getting toned and building muscle (hence no movement on the scales) but I bet you body is changing shape rapidly. Have fun on your night out you have def earned it. :D

Unfortunately they will take my land :cry: (house & garden anyway) but my freedom, achievements, intellect, confidence, warped sense of humour and my amazing Hubby are all mine and no one will take them away :Na_Na_Na_Na:

That's why I know we can start again, I'm only 50 :girlpower: so have the energy :greenapple: and time to rebuild a very comfy life and we have learned what we can live without, so this time round it will be easier and a lot cheaper. :D

Kellie I still can't get my head around how far you run!! :eek: It takes me all my time to walk the dogs (and I love walking!!). I can understand your clothes being looser on you as you will be getting toned and building muscle (hence no movement on the scales) but I bet you body is changing shape rapidly. Have fun on your night out you have def earned it. :D

Unfortunately they will take my land :cry: (house & garden anyway) but my freedom, achievements, intellect, confidence, warped sense of humour and my amazing Hubby are all mine and no one will take them away :Na_Na_Na_Na:

That's why I know we can start again, I'm only 50 :girlpower: so have the energy :greenapple: and time to rebuild a very comfy life and we have learned what we can live without, so this time round it will be easier and a lot cheaper. :D

Im the same, no way could I run like kellie does, Im so proud of you Kel :) I just enjoy taking me dogs out and taking it nice and easy :)

Ronsy you have a good attitude over your situation, its very hard to keep picking yourself up, I dont think I have learnt how to cope yet after losing so much too, but you inspire me to look at things in a slightly different way xx

Thanks Hun, if you ever need to chat let me know.

Thank you, and you too xx

Morning people,

Well thanks to Colly I have found a dress for my brothers wedding YAY so happy!!!

Heres the link so tell me your opinions :)

ASOS | ASOS CURVE Mesh Waterfall Bandeau Dress at ASOS

Im also thinking of keeping these too ..

ASOS | ASOS CURVE Lace Up Back Dress at ASOS

and

ASOS | ASOS CURVE One Shoulder Slinky Overlay Dress at ASOS

Diet wise, Im still on track, no idea if I have lost anything but at least Im being good :) Everything else still a mess but hey ho!!

Hows everyone else doing?

Hows Judith?

xx

Last edited:
The dress is Fab! and you will look stunning, but don't outshine the bride!! :love047:

The good new!!

May have a job reading the Tarot cards for a phone company (will find out on Monday after a few test readings :vibes:). If this works out it may be the answer to some of our problems as I can work from home, and work my own hours. (yay!!) so will have no expences to pay (fuel, parking etc) which makes up for the pay. :)

Now for a laugh!!

She also said she liked my voice (quite sultry apparently?) and said I would be great on the chatlines :eek: and then asked if I was interested in auditioning for that as well!!!! Think I will give that a miss for now. But you never know, and my Oh is still rolling about laughing :8855: but says I can practice on him if I ever want to consider it!! (Men!! :()

Oh well! It certainly brought a smile ;) to my face to know that if all else fails I now have a future in the adult entertainment industly no matter what my age or qualifications. :rolleyes: (and yes Ladies you are allowed to be cheeky about this turn of events :D)

The dress is Fab! and you will look stunning, but don't outshine the bride!! :love047:

The good new!!

May have a job reading the Tarot cards for a phone company (will find out on Monday after a few test readings :vibes:). If this works out it may be the answer to some of our problems as I can work from home, and work my own hours. (yay!!) so will have no expences to pay (fuel, parking etc) which makes up for the pay. :)

Now for a laugh!!

She also said she liked my voice (quite sultry apparently?) and said I would be great on the chatlines :eek: and then asked if I was interested in auditioning for that as well!!!! Think I will give that a miss for now. But you never know, and my Oh is still rolling about laughing :8855: but says I can practice on him if I ever want to consider it!! (Men!! :()

Oh well! It certainly brought a smile ;) to my face to know that if all else fails I now have a future in the adult entertainment industly no matter what my age or qualifications. :rolleyes: (and yes Ladies you are allowed to be cheeky about this turn of events :D)

Glad you like the dress, I actually think it suited me, considering Im fat :) but no definately wouldnt outshine the gorg' bride :)

Well done on the possible job, thats great news, keep us updated on how you get on.....

For the chatlines, me and my friend got caught in that years ago, we applied for a job as telephone operator, had a joint interview and were both excited, got there and it was loads of women on phones talking dirty ha ha we didnt know what to do with ourselves so had to act interested as had no idea that it was for that, we even accepted the jobs but obviously didnt turn up :)

Maybe you should do it :D :D :D

Actually giggling at that ronsy, that's so funny!

Nee!! How dare you use the f word! You're gorgeous and will look so in your new dress. I've never thought anyone was unattractive for being bigger- only for not making best use of the features they have or just not trying. You'll look great so don't put yourself down.

Wemitts- we are ALL already attractive. Weight is a number which means nothing compared to warmth, kindness and all the things that make us unique. Our weight loss will make us feel better, sure, but in the mean time, flaunt the body you've got cause you won't have her for long!

Back