'BIG' .......Bring on the summer :D

Morning all,

Nee, when I tried the Atkins diet it nearly bankrupted me! This is partly cos I actually got bored eating the same stuff all the time so I would buy steak or fish to mix it up. I hadn't realized that I rarely eat just meat but usually have it in a sauce/gravy to create variety. Tuna is cheap and I think you're allowed corned beef too (altho I only eat this in hash). Tescos promise to have two fish on offer all the time if you have a store near you?

Not a great weekend cos I got the chocolate craving so bad and I just caved. I reckon I only ate about 1500 cals worth over the weekend (believe me, it is "only" cos I can eat my own body weight in Cadburys) and other than that I stuck to my 1300 cals per day. So altho the scales are cross with me today I'm hoping that it wasn't serious damage. And I suspect that these wasted cals are still less than (say) going out for an indian meal as I love all the creamy ones and the naans. The problem is I've awakened my choccy-monster so today is going to be a struggle. I have no idea why this craving comes on me unless chocolate manufacturers really do put heroin in the mix. I also have a really mean headace: I wonder if that has anything to do with the choccie? Today I'm making a vat of veggie soup and alternating it with Slimfast drinks to try to gain a bit of ground back.

Have a lovely day all. xx

Hey hun, I think your on to something there where the heroin is in chocolate, well actually all bad food for that matter hee hee there is something certainly addictive to it!!

Hope you get on ok today and get yourself in the right direction :)

I will be looking at nice fish (but stinks when cooking) tuna, chicken, veg and I dont know what else I can add, but its only for a week and a half, part of me feels like eating everything as I know I wont be able to eat for a LONG time :)

I also have a really mean headace: I wonder if that has anything to do with the choccie?

Funny you should say that, but as I am eating chocolate less and less often, I am more and more finding I feel unwell in some way or another shortly after eating it. This has been either a migraine-like headache or a feeling like I am finding it hard to breathe. At first it was only after dark chocolate or those too-dark chocolate cakes that boast about being chocolate lovers' dreams. But lately it's even been milk chocolate, if I have more than one bite. I am not affected by white chocolate.

Funny you should say that, but as I am eating chocolate less and less often, I am more and more finding I feel unwell in some way or another shortly after eating it. This has been either a migraine-like headache or a feeling like I am finding it hard to breathe. At first it was only after dark chocolate or those too-dark chocolate cakes that boast about being chocolate lovers' dreams. But lately it's even been milk chocolate, if I have more than one bite. I am not affected by white chocolate.

Im the same, its probably down to the chemicals in choc, especially if your not affected by white chocolate as apart from cocoa butter it doesnt share alot of the same chemicals as milk/dark choc.

Its definately addictive! Its similar to coffee really.. has some stress relievers and mood enhancers and is just so damn good. Def one of the hardest things ive had to kick thid year.

OUCH...Wisdom Teeth....OUCH go away!!!

How is everyone?

OUCH...Wisdom Teeth....OUCH go away!!!

How is everyone?

aww poor you i feel your pain, my wisdom teeth go through phases of getting to me as well.

i'm doing not too badly, i am now 2lb down from original starting weight on exante, which i am pleased enough with considering the fasting/binging cycle i've been on. to be honest seeing anything other than yet another gain has given me a bit of hope to carry on no matter how small the loss. just taken out some chilli and garlic grills from joe's sausages for my lunch mmm and am going to make sticky chinese beef for tea tonight, can't wait!! xx

aww poor you i feel your pain, my wisdom teeth go through phases of getting to me as well.

i'm doing not too badly, i am now 2lb down from original starting weight on exante, which i am pleased enough with considering the fasting/binging cycle i've been on. to be honest seeing anything other than yet another gain has given me a bit of hope to carry on no matter how small the loss. just taken out some chilli and garlic grills from joe's sausages for my lunch mmm and am going to make sticky chinese beef for tea tonight, can't wait!! xx

That grub sounds soooo nice YUM YUM NOM NOM :)

Well done for losing 2 lbs aswell YAY xxx

-------------------------------------------------------------

PS My wisdom teeth OUUUCCHHHH Ooooch ooouucchhh..... :cry:

the grills were loooovely, yum! aww have you got some painkillers? xx

yeh have painkillers but not working :( Im on a waiting list with the dentist too so cant even go arrghhh

aww poor thing :( hope it eases up soon x

me too xx

Congrats on the 2lb hun :) You def need to carry on!
o_O how are the sausages? I looked at joes before, but you have to order loads which has always put me off if I ended up not liking them.

Nee -The tooth pain sucks! Awwh I feel so bad, wisdom teeth are so horrible. Hope the dentist comes through for you soon.

Off to class to weigh in.. have been good all week long (mins the chips on sat night :eek:) so hoping Ive done well.

How did you get on hanz?

Lost 2lb tonight :D Very happy girlie right now, got my 5 1/2 stone award and have gone under 200 pounds, woot!

Lost 2lb tonight :D Very happy girlie right now, got my 5 1/2 stone award and have gone under 200 pounds, woot!

That is so awesome - well done you. xx

Well done hun, thats great 5 1/2 stone is such an acheivement :D xxxx

Very miserable today. Struggled over last few days but still didn't go over my BMR. Yesterday I so wanted a large deep pan Pizza Hut mega pizza. My mouth was literally watering at the thought and I could think about nothing else. But I resisted by nibbling on other stuff and ended up on about 1800 cals instead of nearer to the 3000 I'd have had with the pizza. Having said that, a WW pizza isn't quite the same thing.

But the scales are being mean. Don't they know how I am trying? So looks like this week will STS. WI tomorrow but I'm not hopeful. Yesterday I really had the urge to feel that stuffed, bloated feeling I get after garlic bread+cheese followed by a deep pan pizza. You would think I'd not want to feel like that but thats just not the case. Is that gross and disgusting?

Good news is that I'm up to 20 days without alcohol. Amazing. I'm waiting until my weekend away in Scotland which is 9 more days and then I may treat myself. Got very mixed feelings about drinking and about not drinking.

Good to know everyone else seems to be on track at the mo. Let me know what is motivating you today. xx

Hi Judith, Seems like you have done pretty well and maybe the scales will suprise you :D I hope so anyway and should you STS thats not a bad thing. Make sure you post after you have weighed.

Do you think your looking for comfort in the food? If so here is a big HUG to make you feel better xxxx

I have been ok for pretty much this whole week, but bizarely for lunch today I had a Chicken Pesto Pasta, thinking it would be a good choice, and it was only a small pot too, but my stomach is growling like I have had an overdose on fat and also a Xenical pill!! - Which Im not anymore but weird feelings going on there.

My Motivation at the minute are starting Exante, I am genuinely excited and hoping it works for me, Im that excited I could do a little dance but I shall wait till I am home at least :D I also am looking forward to my future, after having gone through so many problems, finally starting to see a little hope is the BEST feeling. Going back 2-3 months I couldnt have considered Exante, Cd or anything as money was too tight where as now Im ready to order once I get paid Woo Hoooooo

x

Morning everyone,

How are we all?

Seems a little quiet at the moment and Im missing you all :cry:

Feeling in a good place at the minute, apart from my wisdom teeth, there still hurting (well my cheek is that there scraping)

Had a sneaky peak at the scales this morning as my official WI is tomorrow and wanted to see how I was doing and was pleasently suprised. But will wait till tomorrow before I put it on my stats as thats my proper day to weigh and it can all change by then.

Been good with food and today is my first day at attempting to let go of my pepsi max, then over the weekend Im going to start trying to use sweetners in tea and coffee.

My job seems to be going well too although a little stressful at times!!, but I get lots of time to nose on Mini's so to me this is perfect, has really helped keep my head in the right place this week.

xxx

Hi everyone,

Nee, I had an odd problem with my wisdom teeth that meant they trimmed back my gums/cheek and cauterized (yeuch) them instead of taking out teeth. It was actually less stressful and quick recovery altho I later had my wisdom teeth out cos of a problem with my jaw. So you have all my sympathy. Well done on the good week. And fingers crossed for tomorrow. xx

WI today and I've lost about a pound - yippee, better than nothing. I was really good yesterday and had about 800 cals plus mounds of veg and salad which probably helped a lot. Going to try to do the same today - I've still got some mulligatawny soup made with marrow and butternut squash. It is really like a madras curry sauce and gives me a spicy hit for cheap cals.

Not exercising much apart from walking the dog and that isn't always very brisk. But after an hour out with dog I can't find the motivation to put on an exercise vid when I get back and later on I just can't be ar*sed ;) I'm just a lazy old mare.

Hope you are all happy and on target for your October losses. xx

Got a bit of a diet headache today so not going to be too stingy cos its not worth it. Will just save most of my cals for this evening as thats when I struggle most.

Back