'BIG' .......Bring on the summer :D

Oh yes, I forgot to say that I've decided to change my target weight but I don't want to leave this thread even though I'm not looking to lose 4 stone! You're stuck with me ;)

I think that to get below 12 stone at my height and age is unrealistic so I'm setting a goal of 12 1/2 stone instead. This is still a good BMI (at very top of average but not overweight) and I think I could maintain it without starving myself forever more. I hope I'm not fooling myself by moving the goal posts but I think eleven-something is gone for good. I would love to reach this weight ready for next Spring/Summer when the winter clothes come off.

Oh yes, I forgot to say that I've decided to change my target weight but I don't want to leave this thread even though I'm not looking to lose 4 stone! You're stuck with me ;)

I think that to get below 12 stone at my height and age is unrealistic so I'm setting a goal of 12 1/2 stone instead. This is still a good BMI (at very top of average but not overweight) and I think I could maintain it without starving myself forever more. I hope I'm not fooling myself by moving the goal posts but I think eleven-something is gone for good. I would love to reach this weight ready for next Spring/Summer when the winter clothes come off.

Judith, I think the whole 4 stone challenge has been and gone now hee hee And only Hanz cracked it I think :D But I wanted to keep this thread cos I love you guys/gals ;)

I think changing your goal a good idea hun and to be honest you will be gorgeous whatever weight you are :)

------------------------------------------------------

Im so excited Im struggling to contain it at this minute!!!

Firstly, I think I have overdosed on Goji Berries and am having some kind of Laxative effect :eek: but perfect too hee hee

Secondly, I have been able to place my Exante order YAY

But the scales are being mean. Don't they know how I am trying?

this has got to be the best soundbite ever.
If i ever right a book, I'm using it, that ok Judith?

Nee, this is the best thread ever. I dont know if I;ll ever lose more weight. But here just feels like home.

Hanz i'd be jealous but I'm too happy for ya

Judith, me too - dreaming of full adn bloated. why??

Lost 2lbs today, I thought it was more but never mind hee hee a loss is a loss :D

'morning all.

Today there is an excellent offer on at Boots so I've started my Christmas shopping. Ahhhh! On principle I never normally start before December and its only October. I'm told it means you get the best choice of all the new stock but I'm not convinced. Anyhoo, I also bought eyelash curlers: can you believe I have never in my whole life used them before!? Well, having spent £150 on pressies for other peeps I thought I deserved a small treat. And the dog has gone for her shampoo and hair cut so even she's getting pampered.

Today I'm wearing a jumper dress (I own about 8 of these cos they are so comfy and cosy) and I caught sight of myself in a plate glass window and realized I looked about 8 mths pregnant. Now I know why I never think I have anything nice to wear: its not the clothes, its the body! Am now going to copy Helen Mirren and try to hold the old blubber barrel in when I'm out and about. Well, at least when I remember or there's a hottie around.

Good day yesterday despite a bit of overindulgence on the choccy front again. I just cut out my carbs with my supper to compensate. I'm off out tonite to my monthly big game but I'm driving and not drinking so should be able to withstand the drive by all the takeaways again. (The siren call of the pizza is always there!)

Hope you're all having a lovely day, xxxx

Hello again - where is everyone?

Horrid wet day so will probably light the fire and snuggle up on the sofa. Thats after taking the doglet out (btw she looks very lovely with her new haircut AND she smells lovely - that'll last about 24hrs.)

The problem with dieting is I miss:

Cheap, easy treats;
Meeting friends for lunch at the drop of a hat;
Lazy food like takeaways;
Comfort eating on wet cold days;
Going for supper at friends and be totally relaxed about what I eat;
Having a few drinks with mates;
Feeling stuffed and satisfied.

What do you miss?

Have a lovely day Wemitts. xx

Hey Judith,

Ahhh did you feel all lonely? I is here :D Go get your fire on and have a snuggle with ickle doglette, that sounds so nice I might do the same :) also I love those jumper dresses, I used to have one but somehow lost it :(

Although have to say I am having alot of issues with my damn teeth!! I went dentist yesterday and they are referring me to have the wisdom teeth out at hospital :( also said I need root canal work on another tooth (Although the tooth doesnt hurt) and today my mouth doesnt actually feel that bad but its all in my head and feel like I am having a migraine from hell!

Had my hair cut this morning and feeling all refreshed from it (as I hadnt had it cut since january before my Grampy's funeral, I couldnt afford to do it since) May update my pic if I can be bothered - which no doubt I will ha ha

Started Exante today too, Lovely friend on here sent me some to try and its enough to get me through till my order comes and so far I am pleasantly suprised on the taste and also so far Im not hungry Woo hoo.

The things I miss when dieting -

The freedom of choice
the effect on social things
The stuffed feeling and being completley bloated to the point of popping

But the things I hate about the above -

Knowing what Im eating is making me bigger
Feeling uncomfortable against all my skinny friends and not being able to wear cool clothes
Feeling so tired after eating, as if I have been drugged by fats :)

I suppose there are good and bads to all isnt there

xxx

What I miss is just being able to stuff something in my mouth for no better reason than I felt like doing it. I just hate being restrained in any way. Maybe all this time I have been overeating just to prove I have the freedom to do so. Maybe I am still suffering from being never allowed to eat when or what I wanted at boarding school - I started there when I was nearly 7 and it was a bit of a shock to me. There was a bell for everything and a dozen rules about everything including exactly how we were allowed to cut an apple. If you were still hungry after a meal it was tough luck, and if you stopped being hungry before the end, you just had to sit there and eat it.

We could take in sweets from home, but they were put in a box and each saturday we were allowed to choose a precisely measured amount from that box - even if it meant they cut one chocolate in half and put the other half back in the box till next week. Aaarghhhh! I used to never get enough sleep either cos I used to stay awake as long as I could as it was the only time the bells stopped ringing and telling me what to do and think.

The only way I am staying on this diet is to constantly remind myself that *I* am in charge of what I eat and I can stop any time I want.

Inge that sounds really tough, how horrible for you!! ut your right, it is you who is in control now and its your choices to make of the diet what you will/can.

I do think you cant help but miss things when you enjoy food, and I know very soon I may experience that even more than Im used to, but I have to say, the reason Im morbidly obese and like a whale is because I chose to put bad foods into my system and because of the 'bad foods' I gained weight to this point, How can I miss that really?

x

Nee, sounds like your head is really in the right place. I have such a good feeling about this diet for you. I just know its going to work and we are all going to be awestruck by your twiglet body.xx

Sooo close to ordering that pizza tonight - even went as far as ordering it online and cancelling it before payment. Had a WW pie and some oven chips with instant gravy instead. Not great for cals but not a monster pizza dripping in cheese and pepperoni. I feel like we're on a seesaw, Nee. When you're up, I'm down and vice versa. But I'm going to be inspired by you and your Exante trip. xx

Oops, just saw your new photo, Nee. Don't you look nice you glampot you. xx

Nee, sounds like your head is really in the right place. I have such a good feeling about this diet for you. I just know its going to work and we are all going to be awestruck by your twiglet body.xx

Sooo close to ordering that pizza tonight - even went as far as ordering it online and cancelling it before payment. Had a WW pie and some oven chips with instant gravy instead. Not great for cals but not a monster pizza dripping in cheese and pepperoni. I feel like we're on a seesaw, Nee. When you're up, I'm down and vice versa. But I'm going to be inspired by you and your Exante trip. xx

Well done Judith for resisting the pizza WHOOP, and the ww pie with chips and gravy sounds very nice YUMMY :)

I cant imagine making it to a twiglet body but Maybe it can happen, I hope so anyway.

And thank you for saying about being inspired by me, I find it hard to see how someone can be inspired by me, but I also find that very encouraging, so thank you, and betweeen us all we will crack this dieting and all become Twiglets :D

love the photo nee, your hair is class!

Judith, us and pizza- its perpetual war!
I'm going into work today, I'm not gonna stress it, just get it done, I know I'll feel better after. Have a nice Sunday (its a bank hol here so maybe I'll be able to take tomorrow off if i get loads done today!)

Thanks Kellie, the hair today isnt looking quite so good since being slept on, just hope Ill be ok styling it ha ha

Hope work goes ok today and try not to let it get you down

xx

-----------------------------------------------------------
Feeling good this morning, had my first shake for today - strawberry and it was nice too :)

also slept in later than I normally would :)

So thinking on today and what I could do with myself, might take dogs out for a nice walk, or may just chill for a while first ...hmmm the decisions!!

Nee, I love how positive you are about exante and am excited for you hun :D I love the new pic, such a cute haircut!

Judith congrats on resisiting pizzas, I get off really lucky as I live in a tiny rural village so I could never get tempted by takeaways as I'd have to go get em myself!

o_O you got me thinking about the things I miss..
- Eating whatever I want whenever I want to and howmuch I want. Sometimes I think,o.o id love a.. and have to stop myself. I end up eating alot of the same things treatwise and get a bit bored.
- Not having freedom when im out the house to have drinks, chips after boozing or just grabbing something on the go without feeling guilty or mentally working out the syns and cals!

But weighing it up (I didnt even try for that pun..hehe) these are far outweighed with the things I have gained..
- I feel somuch fitter, I can actually do so much more without getting out of breath and all sweaty.
- I can buy clothes from most shops nowadays, my feet are a size smaller and i can buy rings/bracelets from shops that arent evans (The last one sounds weird but i like my new skinnier fingers.. I detested my old ones for being so big)
- I get excited about food again, I treat myself on tues nights after weigh in and I always look forward to it and I kind of forgot what it was like to enjoy food that much instead of just shoving it in my mouth like the norm.
- And the compliments dont suck so much either!

Hanz, have you got a diary or story on here somewhere? I would love to know how long it has taken you to lose your 77lb and what you think is the secret of your success. You are truly amazing. xx

Thank you hanz, although the hair looks much better tied up in a pony today with my fringe out hee hee Im so crap at styling!!!

Love your post too, Like I thought, its best to look at what you miss then the otherside of the missing. great input tho, Love it!

Judith, I also thought that and with hunting for Hanz stuff, there isnt anything individual, I am very upset by this!!! hee hee but at the same time, neither do you? :(

xxxxxx

Judith, I also thought that and with hunting for Hanz stuff, there isnt anything individual, I am very upset by this!!! hee hee but at the same time, neither do you? :(

xxxxxx

Thats cos I know my story so that would be boring!! I want to read other people's stuff. My story is short:

Teens - underweight but still started first diet, just starved myself for days on end.
20s realized I was heaviest I'd ever been so went on diet, got to target. Happy days.
30s realized I was heaviest I'd ever been, so went on different diet. Got to target. Happy days.
40s realized I was heaviest I'd ever been, so went on yet another different diet. Stopped short of target but still reasonably happy days.
50s realized I was heaviest I'd ever been, took three years of false starts, thinking about it and then went on another version of same diet. Nowhere near target but 5 years of 50s left ;)

Simples. Told you it was boring. xx

Thats cos I know my story so that would be boring!! I want to read other people's stuff. My story is short:

Teens - underweight but still started first diet, just starved myself for days on end.
20s realized I was heaviest I'd ever been so went on diet, got to target. Happy days.
30s realized I was heaviest I'd ever been, so went on different diet. Got to target. Happy days.
40s realized I was heaviest I'd ever been, so went on yet another different diet. Stopped short of target but still reasonably happy days.
50s realized I was heaviest I'd ever been, took three years of false starts, thinking about it and then went on another version of same diet. Nowhere near target but 5 years of 50s left ;)

Simples. Told you it was boring. xx

Ha ha Judith you do make me giggle, and it isnt boring albeit rather brief :)

Main thing is were all doing it now, whatever age we are

xx

Back