Big Dave Not To Be Big So More :D

Big Dave

Well what can i say I started off with good intentions, then christmas came around and i couldnt help myself. As you can see from my signature ive put on somewhat since last time i posted here (14lbs) :wave_cry::cry:. As i was over indulging myself through the holidays i kept thinking to myself ill be good tomorrow but it just didnt happen. It was friday (22nd) that i just restarted my diet, and hand on heart this is going to be the last time i fall of the train.

I weighed myself on friday and i knew it was going to be bad, and it was i weighed in at 25 st 08lbs (no one else to blame but me) :rolleyes: . I started that same day at the gym, signing up for a month. It was a bit hard getting back into it as id become rather unfit :ashamed0005:, but ime not expecting it to be easy :p . at the gym I'm concentrating on weight training and a maximum of 30 mins cardio a day, and have done so almost every day since.

Ime gonna get back on the scales this monday so fingers crossed ime gonna see a better number :) .

When i restarted i put together a food and exercise diary but i completely forgot about posting it on the forum Doh! But ime just glad to be back on the site and look forward to hearing other peoples "adventures" :p aswell as sharing mine :D

(Thought id move this to the diary section as that is what i plan on keeping)

hopped on the scales today and i am over the moon with what i saw. i weighed in at 24 st 12 , so thats 10 lbs off and never to be seen again :D . i hope i can repeat that loss next week but i dont think i will be able to.

still cant stopp grinning :D:D:D

What a brilliant start! Well done on getting back into the swing of it, keep going you sound like you are doing all the right things!

x

Hey Dave
Just wanted to say good luck and well done with what you have lost so far. 40lbs is a massive amount and there are bound to be blips along the way but it is what you do when you have a blip which will ultimately decide how you do overall. You sound like you are doing everything right so keep it up!
Was also going to say that I would recommend running. As long as you start REALLY slowly then anyone can do it. The first time I ran since school I nearly killed myself as I started out way too fast, but I love it now and I know that when I run I lose weight. There are loads of walk-run programmes that you can google to get you started. JogScotland speak about the Talk Test as a way of figuring out your exertion level. Basically, if you are having trouble talking, then you are going too fast (though I am not talking a Shakespeare monologue here!)
It is so exciting when you make an improvement and can run that little bit further and it is amazing how fast you do improve.
At the mo I am tryingt o think in terms of a lifestyle change as opposed to a diet, but it is taking a while to sink in! Let us know how you get on. :)

Woo hoo Dave great start! You posted your weight loss while I was typing away! By the way there is a February Challenge thread in the challenges section which has followed on from a very successful January challenge one. Doesn't sound like you need it but if you want to join then everyone is very nice there and it can be a little bit of extra motivation.
And wow Porgeous you look fabulous! That's an extremely motivating picture for the rest of us!

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments so far :D . I dont do much running/walking in the gym, at the mo ime doing around 40 minutes of weights and 30 minutes on the bike/cross trainer, which up to now seems to be doing the trick :D . I would definately like to get on the treadmill in the near future and see if i can improve.

Well I love running but would also say that if it ain't broke, no need to fix it! Right, we are awaiting your food and exercise diary now. . . !

Back