Big gain?

Discussion in 'Low Carb Diets' started by Lil_Mrs_Sunshine, 9 May 2011 Social URL.

1. Lil_Mrs_Sunshine

Lil_Mrs_Sunshine Spring Challenge!

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.64%)
    If I switch from a low carb diet to a healthy eating low fat diet would I experience a huge weight gain initially?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Legomom

Legomom Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.4%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I'm not sure but I'd guess that you would need to reintroduce your carbs very slowly!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

4. drasim

drasim Mayo Addict

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I didn't. I lost 1 pound the day after and went down from there. I will suggest easing off protein right before you switch the diet though, and moderate carbs and protein in the first couple of days of switching

5. Winky

Winky Full Member

Start Weight:
    25st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st13lb
    Lost(%):
    9st10.8lb(38.54%)
    Diet:
    CD SS and SS+
    It depends how many carbs you eat in the first couple of weeks. If you have been following a low carb diet your glycogen stores will be depleted.That's why you initally lose a lot of weight in the first week on a VLCD or low carb diet. Once you start to introduce carbs your liver will store a mixture of glycogen and water. Any weight you "gain" (as long as you're in negative energy balance) will only be water weight and not fat.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.