BIG hurdle coming up!

wahine

Hello guys, I need your help! :wave_cry:

My boyfriend (long distance) doesn't know I am on this diet, and bless him, has booked us a citybreak for our anniversary, which coincides with Easter weekend (coupled with meal booked at fancy restaurant). I have never been away with him before, so want to make the most of it. I am committed to this diet, but don't want to 'ruin' the weekend by not eating, and not forgetting, drinking champagne! :eek:

What should I do? My thinking at the moment is that I should take 3 days off SS, and then get straight back on the wagon monday morning.

:eek: BUT thats only the half of it... Less than a fortnight later, I am going on a family reunion/holiday to the USA for 2 weeks!!! How do I get around that one!!!

I have been looking forward to this holiday for about a year- including the lobster and cheesecake I have been promised!

I have not got A LOT of weight to lose (2 or 3 stone), and would accept the fact that I would put on weight. Is this a REALLY stupid idea???

[I am a newbie, but think I am already getting the posting bug!]

Hiya Wahine.

Life does get in the way of dieting eh :)

My advice is to decide what is best for you and then be happy with that decision.

But making a decision is key, don't spend the next few weeks beating yourself up over it, either decide to eat and be happy with that or stick to the diet and be happy with that.

Whichever way you go have a lovely time!!

Mike

has anyone else been in a similar situation? How did you cope?? Any strategies? I was thinking of taking a few shakes so atleast one meal a day can be CD...

Hiya Wahine.

Life does get in the way of dieting eh :)

My advice is to decide what is best for you and then be happy with that decision.

But making a decision is key, don't spend the next few weeks beating yourself up over it, either decide to eat and be happy with that or stick to the diet and be happy with that.

Whichever way you go have a lovely time!!

Mike

I agree with this. Whatever you do, enjoy yourself :)

I have the same issue, meeting an old friend and she has booked a restaurant for dinner. I have not told anyone I am on the diet and don't want to just yet.

My solution was to look up the restaurant and check out the menu - I have chosen to eat, but will chose healthy options - Soup to start then grilled fish and steamed veg for main then not have pudding.

I thought about it and decided that I have to make these decisions all the time as things like this always come up. Having a big blow out then repenting, beating myself up and putting my diet back to the start was not good and would I just keep doing it? I would rather choose a healthy meal and then just go back on the diet the next day.

To stay slim for the rest of my life (as I never want to go back to the size I am now) I have to change my thought processes..

Does that make sense...

Hi there

I had a couple of holidays during SS, I took my shakes and did AAM managed to have a great time.

As Mike says be happy with what you decide and enjoy yourself!

Gx

Back