Big losses on first week- water weight?

frankied

Silver Member
What do people think? Has anyone measured on their first week which matched what the scales said or measured and nothing showed?
Do other people think that water loss plays a big part when people have big losses on their first week?

Hi! I'm not sure what you are asking in the first part of your post but yes large losses in week one are mostly down to fluids. I think it would be pretty much impossible to lose the amounts we sometimes see around here if it was all fat.

I lost 8.5 the first week, but I think that's because I ate before the first weigh in and haven't eaten after lunch on consequent weigh ins..
I lost 1 the second week but put that down to 4 days on pain killers
the 3rd week I again lost 8.5...
I have since lost 8.5 and 9 on occasion..

The first week is often a significant loss for people, but it soon evens out to a healthy, lower-number by the second or following weeks. I guess a lot of it is your body reacting positively to a significant lifestyle change (but also, I'm more likely to be extra good week one, so always experience better losses, even after a restart!)

L-J

I can't see how my first week loss couldn't have something to do with water weight. It was so extreme, water must have played a significant part. That doesn't mean it applies to everyone though. We are all different.

Yes, after a while, you either stay the same (STS) or have a small gain!

After that you are grateful for ANY loss believe me lol

Steve

Back