Big losses??

Emma-x

Hello
I dont want to upset anyone I no everyone loses weight at their own rate, I was just wondering if anyone has been lucky enough to have big losses most wks? or do u always have a lower wk to catch up?
Does exercise help much with the weight loss or just toning?
Im asking as im only at the beginning of my diet and it looks like i may have an unexpected but brilliant trip in about 6 wks, im hoping to lose as much as poss!! :D

If you have a lot to lose the weight loss will be greater within the first six weeks.

Height seems to play a part as women over 5' 6" generally have higher losses as do women who are active.

Women who have PCOS seem to have slower losses but do much better on a diet like CD.

The above is a general over view as I have seen others who might be slow at the beginning but then take off and leave others far behind...or very fast starters slow down after a month...some have constant weekly weight loss and never seem to miss a beat...so many vairables...I guess for me that is what makes it so interesting as everyone is unique.

Some lose more and some lose less...but the general guidelines of around a stone a month work out well over a long period of time for those who have a lot to lose.

I've had 2 weeks when i've lost 5 pounds each week. However in that time I was still wearing the same jeans. This week I have cheated or done anything different and now I've lost a single pound this week but I've gone down a size and I 'feel' slimmer than last week. You've got to give your body a chance to catch up I suppose :) I don't mind what the scales say as long as i feel good in my clothes - which now i do .

Thanks for the replies, im not too worried about the weight so much as my clothes sizes, im currently in a tight 24 and wear baggy tops to cover myself so to go down a few sizes would be great, especially if i can go into 'normal' shops to buy my clothes! the thought of a swimming costume is feaking me out!!:eek:

I get decent losses of 5lbs when I'm being good. The next 2weeks losses will be low (if I even lose anything) as I'm taking this weekend and next weekend off the diet. I'm 5ft8 though so that might help if you follow what Mini says :)

Best of luck!

not sure if my losses are greater. i did the diet before and generally had good losses. this time round i lost 11lbs in my first week. i'm 5ft 8in and i exercise most days.

Back