Big Up the Big girls...

No.. Not really, not any more!
I've just been looking back through some recent snaps of myself, and ugh, i was horrified, i mean it this time, I'm on a big one!
I really need help and support, every time I try to diet, the old mentality slips in 'every one loves me as i am' but this time, I really really mean it, and because ive tried before and tried again, none of my friends think i can do it this time!!
any one else in the same situation?
xx

Absolutely. I am known as the life & soul of the party, people never believe me when I tell them my weight or my size & my closest friends & family look at me with 'that' look when I tell them I am going on a diet.

Mind you, I can't blame them... I've done about 8 different diets in the last 4 years and each time I put on everything I lose + an additional half stone or so!!

This time, I haven't told anyone. I've just decided I am going to eat a little healthier, do lots more walking, a little exercise dvd & see how it goes... I'm hoping that without the whole hoo hah it will be a little easier & if I have a little "luxury" item - no more little looks, smarmy smiles or comments for the hubby (thinking hes being supportive!)

I have heard great things about this website, so am I certain you will get some of the help & support you need

Good luck :)

Ooooh that old chestnut! Yep, been there, done that - got the XXL t-shirt! No-one believes you can do it - they all say 'good for you', 'we know you can do it', and then you catch the looks they're giving each other when they think you're not looking - as if to say, 'yeah, like we haven't heard that one before!'.
*sigh* I don't bother telling people i'm trying to lose weight anymore, because i get 'that look' & because i just feel like a failure when the weight doesn't shift.
Come on hun - we can do it this time!!

Welcome to Minimins and good luck!

~Silence~

I read your post and it just remined me of me! I get the 'but we love you just as you are thing' which is nice in some ways but really all it does is make it easier for em to stay fat - which is not making me happy. I've tried loads of times, even suceeded a few times up to a point, so no, no fanfares this time. I've told a few friends in a fairly laid back manner and obviously folk on here. But this time I want the results to do the talking.

Good luck to you.

Oh I so know what you mean!! Even my mum doesn't believe me this time (which has pissed me off, so if anything makes me stick to my diet,it'll be that lol!) I'm desperate to wear a lovely costume to the beach this summer.
Hope all your slimming dreams come true hun!xx

I have told a couple of friends and they have both said good luck but i am sure that they don't believe i can do it. One friend annoyed me a bit tho cos she said "oh no!, you won't be the same Sharon anymore"
I have come to the conclusion that the only person i have to convince is me and that i WILL do it this time :)

my "friend" is a proper jellyfisher....I said I was going to stick to this diet and her reply was:

"good for you chick! how long do you think it will take you to lose all that weight?"

(yes thank you...i know that!)

perhaps I'm touchy, but she could have just left it at "good for you!"

xxx

my "friend" is a proper jellyfisher....I said I was going to stick to this diet and her reply was:

"good for you chick! how long do you think it will take you to lose all that weight?"

(yes thank you...i know that!)

perhaps I'm touchy, but she could have just left it at "good for you!"

xxx

Maybe she didn't realise how nasty the comment sounded???

I quite telling my friends about my dieting escapades a long time ago. I let them notice losses beforehand. It's safer... then they have something to congratulate you on.

~Silence~

My friend said that I looked ill when I was slim (I've only been within the healthy weight range for about one year during my 26 years of being alive) but then I noticed she only started saying things like that when I got slimmer than her.

I love my friends to bits but sometimes they really don't think before they speak!

I know the feeling - told my mum & sister - my sister said something along the lines of "You know what you are like - you start something & it's a novelty" I think she may have mentioned the word fad at some point too (I can't state the whole conversation as I stopped listening at the novelty point!)

I think it's because she would'nt be the thin one if this works - she would see what it's like to be the "fat" sister (bearing in mind she's a size 16 (ish) & has just had a DVT!

I know the feeling. I havent really told anyone this time round.
My family always make comments like: "Oh is that the see-food diet" as in see food and eat it!
or.. "I know your diets Emma, calories don't stick if no one sees you eating them"
Often comments like that really crush me when they know I have struggled with my weight since I was a teenager and I am the only person in the house who is overweight -_-

Yep, i know that feeling too. I didn't tell many people i was dieting again, partly because i felt self conscious about the potential eye rolling "what - again" comments ! (also partly because i was afraid of yet another failure)
I also have often wondered if having family and friends who accept my fatness makes it too easy for me to stay fat - i think i haven't suffered enough !!
What i did differently this time though was be honest for the first time with my closest friends and family about just how much i weighed at the start point - i had kept it a secret for my entire life, not even my husband knew how much i weighed (only the weight watchers leader knew the terrible truth !!)
They were all truly stunned when i told them - my poor dad (who is also overweight) could only manage "even i don't weigh that much" !
Telling them made it more real, it felt like i had to stop hiding and helps me to keep off the weight i have already lost - cos if i put it back on they would know just how heavy i was !!

Aaargh people are just so frustrating!! lol they mutter 'good for you' in such a patronising way I feel like eating just to annoy them! its twisted really. I used to 'pretend' I wasn't fat, not mentioning it and stuff, but when I restarted SW i thought: 'screw it who am i kidding?' so now every week i post my weight losses on my facebook status for everyone to see! everyone has been supportive so far and if I do have a gain, I'll still post. This journey is for US, nobody else. Just imagine their faces when we hit target...bet they're green :)

PS sorry for the waffle hehe xxx

Just thought i'd share this with you. One of my work mates has lost well over 10 stone with lighterlife - she looks amazing and I am so proud of her achievement probably because we were the same size.

When I told her this, she said that not one of her friends had said a word, but that she had overheard someone say that "...xxx might look good now, but she'll put it all back on - she always does".

I think you get support from those you least expect to and some nasty surprises from those people you thought would support you. This time I'm keeping my mouth shut until I'm ready to tell people.

xxxx

Just thought i'd share this with you. One of my work mates has lost well over 10 stone with lighterlife - she looks amazing and I am so proud of her achievement probably because we were the same size.

When I told her this, she said that not one of her friends had said a word, but that she had overheard someone say that "...xxx might look good now, but she'll put it all back on - she always does".

I think you get support from those you least expect to and some nasty surprises from those people you thought would support you. This time I'm keeping my mouth shut until I'm ready to tell people.

xxxx

:eek:oh my god how nasty are some people!!! well i hope she proves them wrong xxx

Back