Biggest Loser UK

sugar_lipswales

Silver Member
Am I the only person who's disappointed with this years UK Biggest Loser? I'm just not feeling it, there's no pop! No scandal! No excitement! And I'm not liking Davina as the host either :(

Kinda know what you mean. Have always liked the U.S one better and disliked myself for it !!

Agree that Davina doesnt seem to have her usual spark either

I remember one about 2 years ago, with Katie and Carol, and it was amazing, I couldn't get enough of it! And I do like the American and Australian ones, don't be ashamed because us Brits can be a boring lot sometimes!

I agree. I LOVE the US version, I am totally hooked on it, whereas I get easilly distracted with the UK version. It definitely needs more drama!

I think that the UK version needs more emphasis on food intake, healthy eating and diet. Have I missed this? All it seems to be about is loads of exercise at a ridiculous level and not very well monitored. What does this format teach about a healthy lifestyle I wonder. I thought it would be a programme teaching weightloss techniques aswell as following the contestants. Very disappointed.

mommyB said:
totally agree Sandy....and the red team dont like being found out either do they ?

It was so obvious she water loaded 2 weeks ago and then lo and behold she has a great result this week - what a shock

Sarahelizabeth said:
I think that the UK version needs more emphasis on food intake, healthy eating and diet. Have I missed this? All it seems to be about is loads of exercise at a ridiculous level and not very well monitored. What does this format teach about a healthy lifestyle I wonder. I thought it would be a programme teaching weightloss techniques aswell as following the contestants. Very disappointed.

The format of the US/UK/AUS ones are all the same. The temptation challenge. Main challenge. Last chance work out, weigh in and elimination it's never featured the diet they follow in any great detail but then it'll be tailored towards the environment they're living in x

I've seen a couple of series of the British one and haven't been impressed! I don't get the feeling that the Brits want it as much as the Americans do, and they don't seem to put in as much effort, give in too easily on the temptation challenges etc. And also they don't seem to do as well at home after they've been eliminated, it's as if once the camera is no longer on them the weight loss is not important any more.

I've watched almost every series of the US one and much prefer it!

Didn't know the US version was on Living! Will have to Sky Plus it heehee :)

The UK version is lacking drama! I think there's too much emphasis being placed on the exercising, rather than healthy eating. They need to strike a balance. The only time we see them eating is when they're doing 'temptation'! Davina just totally doesn't 'fit' with the program imo xxx

Back