"Biggest Losers" Team 32!

How about a bit of an introduction from everyone so we know who we all are? I did a little one on the other thread but I'll introduce myself again.

I'm Emma, I'm 29 (almost 30) and I live in Leeds with my OH. I don't have any kids, but we have 2 cats and I own a horse, Bailey, but he is out on loan whilst I concentrate on my life.

I work as a database scientist in Leeds. I've been there 3 years now, and that means I've been in Leeds 3 years too, as I moved here for the job. I feel like I'm putting down roots here now, and this may well be where I settle, although I am a bit of a wanderer!

I've been overweight and obese ever since I was about 18. I managed to lose 2.5 stone on my own aged 19 by calorie counting and exercise, but I think it was the novelty of it that helped, that was the first time I had ever dieted. Then I went to university and gained roughly that 2.5 stone back. And so began my yoyo dieting life which has continued until now and I'm now bigger than I have ever been in my life.

However I'm also happier and more secure than I've ever been in my life, and mentally stronger, and I'm ready to lose weight now. I lost 10lbs in my first week on Cambridge (well, it's a restart, I did CD at the end of 2007/beginning of 2008 but never saw it through) so that's started me off nicely, but I'm still bigger than I was last time I started Cambridge. Hopefully this week's loss will get me beyond my previous starting weight.

I have 30 days to go until I go on holiday with my OH to Crete. I've not had a proper abroad holiday for 5 years so I fully intend to enjoy myself. So my task is to lose as much as possible before then, enjoy myself whilst there, then get back on track to lose the rest of it once I'm back.

How about everyone else? :wavey:

Well, Im Jackie im 23 years old and live in South London with my daughter who is now 4 n half months old.
I have just broken up with my OH so wasnt sure this was the best time to start but i've been ok.

Currently i am on maternity leave from the ambulance service im a 999 call operator, but a starting to train as a teacher in september.

I've always been chubby and always been "the fat friend"! and tbh i was never really to bothered about my weight. But since having my daughter i dnt want to be a big mum i dnt want to get out of breath quickly or not do things with her cos i dnt have the energy so i made the step not just for her but she was the push i needed to get started.

i need to lose 7 stone until im happy but i would like to be 9 st but thats not an issue for me 10 st is the main goal. I want to be able to wear a tankini (will never wear a bikini now lol) without wondering if i look awful.

Had a setback yest as i ended up drinkin on a night out but have seen a post about how dangerous it is and WILL NOT be making that mistake again for sure....going to try and last until xmas i think, ive gone a year without drinkin im sure a few months wont hurt....

I have lost 12lbs on my first week so hopefully i will continue being successful...

xx

Hi Jackie, nice to meet you :) You and I are similar weights so it will be good to lose together. I've never worn a bikini in all my 29 years lol! Maybe one day I will. In the past I've always said I wanted to get to 13 or 14 stone because I didn't think I could be any less. Now I want to get to 11 stone or below, somewhere I haven't been since I was younger than 15, in fact I remember being 11 and a half stone at 14 years old.

We can do this! How's your day been?

Sorry to hear you've just been through a break up. That's tough. I've been with my OH for 10 months now after a couple of years of being single and finally feel like I might have found the one. He's 43 so quite a bit older than me, and grown up, and I'm more mature and settled. We shall see. He's the first one I've ever wanted to and have actually moved in with.

How fantastic about your daughter! I can't wait to have kids. And you're SS-ing with such a young baby - wow, fantastic!! You're amazing.

How's your weekend been? I'm just off to visit a friend in hospital. Need to have a shake before I go. Just realised it's 5.30pm and I've only had one shake so far! Ooops.

Em xx

Hey Emma,

Im glad we are wantin to lose about the same makes it an easier journey doesnt it!
I remember wearin size 10 clothes when i was in year 11 at skool and i miss that sooo much cant wait to be the same again!

My weekend has been good thanks hows yours been?
Im glad u feel like ur OH is the one and age is nothing but a number long as ur happy!

I wasnt sure bout starting so early with little one but i jus feel so frumpy i wanna be runnin round aswell by the time she starts haha...
As for the break up i still feel like he is the one he just needs some anger management cos he gets angry to quickly......but hey ho he is going away for 10 months (he's in army) so time will tell....
So how are you finding this week???

Whats your fav soup and shake? x

hi I am Tracey I am 39 and a half and not wanting the other half while I am still fat! I am a teacher from Grimsby, where I teach secondary school. I have lost 56 pounds with cd but lost more before that with weight watchers.

I have been a serial dieter most of my adult life but the death of my partner from an obesity related cancer (he didn't discover the tumor because of his weight till he was past the point of help) has motivated me to take more drastic action and go on the cd.

I have had minor hicups along the way for example when i move house and went on holiday and last night when I was emotionally eating but hopefully I am back on track now!

Cheri my cdc is my god! So only another 4 stone 12 pounds to go.

being quite new to the site can I save a thread as a favourite so it comes up when new posts arrive?

Hi my name is Jodie and i'm 30 years old. I live with my OH in between Reading & Basingstoke, we have lived together for just over 2 years now and he is the man of my dreams. I'm in the RAF and i'm a chef, hence the reason i'm over weight. To be honest i have a weight problem since the age of around 15 and have been on every diet going and believe me they do work if you stick to them thats something i always struggled with. I turned to CD because you lose weight at a quicker rate and that is what keeps you motivated. I'm doing 100% SS. I go on holiday to Mexico 11 weeks today and i'm trying to lose as much weight as possible before i go and then go back on it when i return to lose the rest. I want to lose just over 3 stone and then see how i feel. I'm getting married a year today and i want to be looking stunning so that is one added motivation.
Really looking forward to hearing from you and helping each other when times are tough!!!
Hope you are having a good bank holiday!!!

Hey Tracey and Jodie. Nice to meet you. Sounds like we're all typical Cambridge Dieters, done all the other diets first - WW, SW, calorie counting, low carb etc. I know I have.

Not really felt very hungry this afternoon, had to force my last shake down, weird huh? So day 11 almost over for me, off to bed now I think. Hope you've all had good weekends, looking forward to the extra day off tomorrow everyone? I think me and my OH are going to go for a walk somewhere if the weather is nice.

Night night xx

So we missed our chance to submit this week's weigh in results as we have to submit them by Sunday evening. Shame as we had some good losses there. We have to work them out as a percentage, will go and look for the thread where it tells you how to do it. And then you have to PM them to IreneH. Who wants to do that? Do we have a team leader?

When is everyone's weigh in days so we know when to expect results? Mine is usually a Thursday although my CDC said she may occasionally have to change it.

Hope everyone's having a good morning! I've had a cup of tea and a cup of coffee so far and 250 mls water. Best get drinking more water. Want to go out for the day but am hampered by regularly needing the loo hehe! And it's blowing a gale out there!

Em xx

Hi Emma,

I think Jackie (Hope2LoseBig) is our team leader. I get weighed on Tuesday evenings but my first weigh in is'nt until the 8th September as my CDC can't weigh me this week as she is having an extension built. Really wish i was getting weighed this week as i'm feeling a little slimmer.
Think OH and i are going to pop into town as weather is not looking good. It is going to brighten up this afternoon so sky weather has just said, hope so as i need to clean my car. Want to keep myself busy so i don't think about food.

Jodie x

Hi girls,
I will be sending them in but i thought we all had to have results thats why i didnt ask for results yest... if everyone could tell me their weigh in days and ill make note of it....Im not gettin weighed till next monday but i just read long as we have 3 results thats ok....

How is everyone doing today? Hows the diet going?
I've been really ill tonight and today but feelin better now after just chillin out!
Did everyone enjoy the bank holiday? x

Hi Jackie,

I don't get weighed until next Tuesday and then it should be every Tuesday after that so i won't be able to submit my results this week.
The diet is going really well, feeling really positive, just hope it lasts. Just got back from town with my OH and the weather is gorgeous!!! Would love to sit in the garden in a little pair of hot pants and vest top but i just have'nt got the figure!!! Soon will have if i stick this out, i'm determined to get to goal!!!

Hope your having a good day!!!

Jodie x

P.S Loving the Biggest Loser Siggy!!!

Hey!! ive not been ignoring anybody, i have been on a long weekend away!!!

im Katy and im 21, i have been obese since being young, i just like my food!!!! i was all ways quite active when i was younger and that made me eat more :( but the eating continued as the activity stopped...

ive tried most diets but they all ways fail, so this one it is!

my WI is on a friday, so i think im one of the last for the week.
i have over 12st to lose, so i wil be here for a while!

K xx

Jackie - I can't seem to get the image for the sig, when I click on it I get directed to your ticker! Jodie - how did you manage it?

I've had a really grumpy wasted day, haven't left the flat yet, just slumped around feeling miserable. Only had one shake and about a litre of water and had a long sleep this afternoon. Off to visit my friend in hospital now. Ho hum. Will feel better later on I'm sure. Scales have finally showed a half a lb drop, down to 217.4 lbs on my scales now but they weigh lighter than my CDCs ones so will have to wait to Thursday to see what my official loss is.

Hum, in the doldrums. Boo.

Hi Emma,

I just copy and paste it into my signature. I hope that you feel better soon, you sound really down in the dumps.
I'm not getting on the scales everyday otherwise i will become obsessed and disheartened if it does'nt show a loss and that will lead me to eating. How have you gone so long with only one shake so far today, i would be straving!!!

Chin up hun,
Jodie x

I girls jus havin my oriental chilli soup yum yum!!!
How have u all found ur bank holiday weekends?
After my next weigh in i might have to weigh in after 2 weeks as my mum taking my car to scotland for 2 weeks and its a bit of a mission journey with the baby! Or might borrow a friends car if they let me!

Has anybody ever had weight differences with thier CDC scales?

mine are correct as my mum n sister go to WW and get weighed, then they jump on mine to see that its the same and it is.
but my CDC scales show a 10lb heavier difference?!?!?! so i am confused :S

Back