Binge eating help!!!!!!!!

I find writing about this very embarrassing and hard to discuss with other people. I have been dieting for years and I always fall into the same pattern. I can stick to the rules 100% no problem for weeks and weeks and lose a lot of weight and then I start to lose control. I start binge eating on all the things that I can't freely have e.g. choc, cakes, buscuits, alcohol, even though I have been eating them the whole time by using my syns to have them. The binges become more and more regular until I fall off the wagon completly and put all the weight back on and more.

The last two evenings I have binged on chocolate and I don't want to fall into this pattern again. I want to lose another two stone and get to target this time. The first night I don't know why I binged I just couldn't stop and last night I was pissed off and upset which led to another binge.

Does anyone ecperience this and have any advice on regaining my control???

Hiya,

Think its hard to admit sometimes but i caetainly binge - you are seriously not alone!! I do so well for weeks on end and then all of a sudden have one bad day and think oh well ruined it now so allow the next day to be the same - and so the pattern continues!!

When i'm feeling like i want a binge or bad food - i have a diet coke!! I know this sounds odd but i think its sweet and the gas fills me up and kind of takes away the urge.. I have also got into the habit of when i feel like this getting out of the house - even if it is just for a walk around the block.. By the time i get back - i have normally forgotten!!

The fact that you have admitted this on here and shared it also means that you don't want this to continue - that shows your determination to losing weight!!

Take today as a new day - right a food diary for the next couple of days if it helps to keep you focused.

Hope this helps xxx

I get like this too Hun, so you are certainly not alone. There are months that pass where I am so good and follow the plan religiously, but the minute something upsets me, Im stressed over something or just generally loose interest, I give up.
You just have to think what you would like more...the food and fat, or being a slimmer more healthier you that can still enjoy herself without the rubbish?

I completely have this problem too.. and then pack it in because I forget how good it felt to be doing well and decide it was rubbish anyway.
This time I've given OH permission to stop me from doing it (it's usually him I send to shop to get the chocolate!!) and have been trying to make sure I'm stocked up with low fat hot choc and packet pasta etc, not even vaguely the same as a big bar of chocolate but it has helped a bit...
I have gone off the wagon this time but nowhere near as bad as usual.
Deffinately mostly down to OH stopping me which makes me really mad at him, but gratefull in the morning!

I find writing about this very embarrassing and hard to discuss with other people. I have been dieting for years and I always fall into the same pattern. I can stick to the rules 100% no problem for weeks and weeks and lose a lot of weight and then I start to lose control. I start binge eating on all the things that I can't freely have e.g. choc, cakes, buscuits, alcohol, even though I have been eating them the whole time by using my syns to have them. The binges become more and more regular until I fall off the wagon completly and put all the weight back on and more.

The last two evenings I have binged on chocolate and I don't want to fall into this pattern again. I want to lose another two stone and get to target this time. The first night I don't know why I binged I just couldn't stop and last night I was pissed off and upset which led to another binge.

Does anyone ecperience this and have any advice on regaining my control???

I'm a terrible binger but dont be embarrassed! i can guarentee that every person on this website here has binged at some point! It's natural to over indulge.

I do something very similar.

i am quitting smoking and yesterday was my first day. Now i had stuck to plan all day, and not had a smoke either and because my OH mentioned that most people put on more than a stone when they quit, i felt that i had to follow that trend like it was inevitable so i sat and a ate a big bag of giant buttons. i thought to myself well if its going to happen i might as well enjoy it BUT .......... why ruin what i have done already!!!

we all have moments of greed and gluttony and it doesnt make you a bad person. make sure your prepared for your pitfall and try and find out what triggers it. once you do that you will be able to over come it!!

I to have been there :eek: so you are not alone.

On saturday I had a bit of a car crash when I skidded on some black ice with my son in the car.

I turned to food, chocolate, doughnuts, biscuits funnily enough all sweet food when before sw it was all savoury, but the important thing is I got back on plan on the sunday and thats the difference this time, normally my binges would last all week, but now I feel in control.

So if you have the occassional binge draw a line tell yourself you can overcome it and get back on track.

all the best, you can do it xx

Of course you can violet, Im a binger too and had bulemia for years, I still have some traits of it, but we can do this - learn to eat healthily and normally with occasional treats!!

Hey,

I have been on one long binge and if I ask myself why I have no idea ! I started back on the plan yesterday and really trying hard.

What I find is there are certain time of the day I want to binge or snack at so I get myself prepared.

Either have things you can quickly grab and eat to take tempttation away or I go and do something like a walk, tidy a cupboard etc.

Before I know if dinner time / lunch time is here and I dont have to worry about over eating !

Lots of luck hun

xxxxxx

You aren't alone in this, I am feeling very stressed due to money worries at the moment and I am sat at my desk at work thinking of all the chocolate I want to eat, when I do get like this I tend to eat low syn chocolates (curly wurly, fudges etc) that way even though I am eating too much I reckon it must be better than eating a family sized bar of chocolate all to myself, I don't know how to get round it though sorry, I have eaten a muller lights so far today in an attempt to stave off the need to eat chocolate & I have an options hot chocolate I could have too but there are times where I do just give in, the only advice I can give you is put that day behind you, whats done is done, you can't undo it but try to get back onto the plan the next day.

I am sorry I can't be more help for you though.

Your definitely not alone in this. To be fair I havent binge eaten for a while, but I used to hide food in my room so my mum couldnt stop me and eat it ALL when they went to bed. and I mean big bags of malteasers/minstrels, the big big packets of walkers sensations...what ever I fancied really.

Its weird since starting SW I havent even thought about doing it, maybe its because I havent bought the stuff to keep in my room I dont know...or maybe I'm due for one soon??

But dont feel bad after each time, just start a fresh the next day and try to avoid...or maybe stock in some lower syn thins to binge on, like someone told me minimilks are 1.5 syns, and she had 3 for dessert sometimes! So i'm definitely off to find some of those tonight! or people have been talking about the microwave crisp makers?

Just so that if you do have the urge, you can binge on things that wont break your syn allowance and make you feel so bad you fall off the wagon permenantly!

Good Luck xxx

I can completely relate to you as the same thing has happened to me countless of times in the past. I am determined to do it this time for health reasons and hope that I can do it too - fingers crossed for us both!! The way I seem to cope so far this time is that I make sure I go to group and get weighed regardless of whether I have gained and it seems to do the trick for me by motivating me to get it off. You are not alone and you can do it! xxx

nice to know we arent alone on this, I am the same. I am trying to start back on Weight Watchers and I was doing great yesterday kept to my points, then after dinner when all my points were gone i binged out :( im at this a few weeks now and I just cant seem to get my head around it to stop. The diet coke sounds good, I will buy that when I'm in the shop and stock up.

also, might be a bit of a tip, I went to a clinic and my binging stopped for 10 weeks (of course i gave up the clinic then :( ) but if you have a high protein diet it stops cravens

I should do the high protein diet again myself but food seems to always win with me

but if you have a high protein diet it stops cravens

I should do the high protein diet again myself but food seems to always win with me

I do red days and stick to high protein,but it doesn't stop the cravings every now and then unfortunately :eek: well not for me anyway :D

maybe it was because we had to eat 6 small meals a day, well breakfast, then at 11 a protein bar, then at 1 lunch, then at 3 protein bar, then dinner at 6. Seemly keeps the sugar levels stable so you dont crave

maybe it was because we had to eat 6 small meals a day, well breakfast, then at 11 a protein bar, then at 1 lunch, then at 3 protein bar, then dinner at 6. Seemly keeps the sugar levels stable so you dont crave

nah still doesn't work for me :D, I eat like that and occassionally crave, tbh I think its normal :D:D:D to crave foods, I just think that its the amount I eat when the caving hits me :( thsats the problem, thats what I need to learn to control.

Your not alone Im a binge eater too especially triggered when Im feeliing down hope we can kick it together xxx

you are definately not alone, i do this constantly stick to plan 100% then 1 week i dont loose or STS and i just give up, this time i am giving myself treats everyday (wasn't at the start though but have introduced them) this keeps me motivated knowing i get my wotsits and maltesers at the end of the day.

as already said draw a line and start again tomorrow, even promise to do 5 mins exercise to burn it off. but dont be too hard on yourself honestly

Back