Binge eating or just greedy??!???

Poshtotty

Good morning everyone,

i need a moan :(

im on week two of slimming world in total I have lost all of 2lb :( :( I'm a big girl and thought it may come off a bit quicker to begin with..my scales won't budge off 21.00 stone :( ...no matter how I try to eat slimming world or exercise..and no before you ask my measurements have not changed..

this morning I weighed and got completely disheartened so as I was hungry I thought sod it lets make a nice coke breakfast...

well this is where it goes a bit crazy..I ate all off this!!!..and the only reason I ate it was coz I can!
3 quorn sausages
3 fried eggs
2 rashes of no fat smoked bacon
half a tin of beans
handful of fried mushrooms
2x weightwatchers hea b bread
granted I did dry fry everything

im shocked I ate this amount and tbh if I had my way I would be running out to the shops now and ramming Danish pastys down my throat and cups of coffee..

Is to just a blip??? Am I greedy be honest lol ..or is this some emotional binge that I need to be careful of???

Good morning everyone,

im on week two of slimming world in total I have lost all of 2lb :( :( I'm a big girl and thought it may come off a bit quicker to begin with..my scales won't budge off 21.00 stone :( ...no matter how I try to eat slimming world or exercise..and no before you ask my measurements have not changed..

this morning I weighed and got completely disheartened so as I was hungry I thought sod it lets make a nice coke breakfast...

well this is where it goes a bit crazy..I ate all off this!!!..and the only reason I ate it was coz I can!
3 quorn sausages
3 fried eggs
half a tin of beans

im shocked I ate this amount and tbh if I had my way I would be running out to the shops now and ramming Danish pastys down my throat and cups of coffee..

Is to just a blip??? Am I greedy be honest lol ..or is this some emotional binge that I need to be careful of???

Hi

To start with well done on your 2lb loss.

To be honest with you, I can easily eat this too. The quorn sausages( unless the new fat free ones) are 1 syn each.
It is all fine :) instead of 3 eggs and 3 sausages, maybe have 2 and some tinned tomatoes to get more superfree in there. You can eat until you are full on slimming world :)
Another suggestion would be to eat some fruit before breakfast then you will be less tempted to eat as much. I used to eat alot for breakfast as sugar levels are low in the morning and we all wake up feeling starving, I always found that eating a banana when I woke up, I would put less in the pan.
But the question are you being greedy/ eating too much... Eat 2/3 free and 1/3 superfree and you will stay on track :)

Lisa xxx

I'm hoping I can reassure and support you.

First of all, is it your WI day? If not why are you weighing yourself? Weight fluctuates so much on a daily basis (and I'm talking pounds here) it's really not a good idea to keep jumping on the scales as this has the kind of "sod it all" effect you have described. Once a week is a good approach to adopt.

Next, 1 - 2lbs a week is a good steady rate in which to lose weight and is proven to be the most effective way to keep it off so well done, I think you are doing really well.

Your breakfast really hasn't ruined anything at all. I often enjoy a good brekkie and think it sets you up for the day. You may not fancy much else during the day and might get by now on some fruit and muller until teatime. Enjoy the plan, don't feel guilty.

Finally, you have mentioned exercising and from what I've read here and in my personal experience, exercising does have an effect on the scales and you may not actually see any loss until the following week or so.

So chin up, keep focused and you won't go wrong. Good luck x :)

Breakfast is ok sausages need to be 1 SYN each also why fry? Did you use fry light if not they need to be synned! place in oven save on Syns
Also no SF what about onion mushrooms tomatoes and cutting down on the free food
As plan states 1/3 SF 2/3 Free you're is all Free food

Hi hun
A 2lb loss is brilliant. It means you have burned 7000 calories more than you ate!
I'm like you in as much as I have lots to lose. Exercise has always been my downfall but I made a decision that this time would be different. I'm now on my last week of my bronze award. I had decided that I would walk a mile at least 3 times a week rather than face going to the gym and so far it's working.
As for eating lots....well there's nothing wrong with it. If you are hungry then eat (stop when you are full though) The only thing I would say about your breakfast is something the MissyLisa mentioned and that is there doesn't seem to be enough superfree food. The third rule is the crucial thing in making EE work. When you said you fried it did you fry in fry-light? If so then this is ok too.
Whatever happens just keep going. A steady weight loss is very healthy and if you keep it up before you know it it'll be this time next year and you will be 104lb lighter.

Good morning everyone,

3 quorn sausages
3 fried eggs
half a tin of beans

Mornin' :psiholog: Now on the positive side, your bacon WAS no fat, your bread WAS WW and you stopped at half a tin of beans ...... and Quorn susages are positively health food but lets face it 3 eggs is a lot of eggs :rolleyes: How did you manage to dry fry everything? My eggs would stick and my sausages go dry and burn. What's your secret?

As to your stuck scales, if you do have a big appetite then portion control has got to be your way forward and finding foods which fill you up but limit any damage, like big stirfries, porridge for breakfast etc. Also you say "this morning I weighed myself" and that seems to have triggered your blowout breakfast bonanza. We are all different and some people will hop on the scales every hour as it motivates them. Personally, for me it is a disaster to weigh myself constantly :confused: A weekly visit to the scales works best for me. Be good chips xx

I used to have really big portions at the beginning of sw and it did affect my losses. After a while i realised what my mistake was and that was lack of water. I didnt like drinking water but got used to the taste (or lack of it) so now i drink water before i eat breakfast, lunch and dinner and has reduced my appetite a lot and before i was pregnant i was having a loss of between 0.5lbs to 2lbs everyweek x

Don't beat yourself up about it, 2 off is still 2 off! Just think about how you can do it differently next time. I find it really satisfying when I have a lovely full plate and I know it is all on plan, there is nothing wrong with a large cooked breakfast, defo fills you up :)

I think there's a binger lurking inside most dieters, and at least with SW, you can eat a lot and still be on plan. My OH makes the most delicious SW chips and I always have a huge plateful of those, eating beyond the point of feeling full. Sometimes, we just have to accept that it will happen. I have had bingeing issues for 30+ years, and they aren't going to stop now- but at least these days if I'm going to splurge, I stuff myself with free food (which is what you did).

I think first of all you need to make sure that you are having 1/3 of your meals superfree, if you're finding your losses a bit slow. And also, measuring healthy extras and being vigilant about counting syns is important.

The breakfast you had was a bit large! But at least you didn't go and binge on like McDonald's or something, so well done for that! With breakfasts I usually would have 2 sausages, 2 bacon medallions, 1 fried egg, then the rest of the plate mushrooms and tinned tomatoes.

Thanks for all of your replys... It's def helped.
ok so I'm thinking about super free and I think that maybe the prob..also the lack of drinking water...as for my breakfast .im forgetting about it lol.. Lesson learnt.
I should have been more precise, I cooked quorn sausages the free ones on in oven..everything else dry fied in pan..I have very expensive saucepans and have worked out hot to fry a egg with out using no oil or fry light :)

Thanks for all of your replys... It's def helped.
ok so I'm thinking about super free and I think that maybe the prob..also the lack of drinking water...as for my breakfast .im forgetting about it lol.. Lesson learnt.
I should have been more precise, I cooked quorn sausages the free ones on in oven..everything else dry fied in pan..I have very expensive saucepans and have worked out hot to fry a egg with out using no oil or fry light :)

Hi posh :) chips here. Glad you came back for your replies, some MiniMinnies' first post is their Last Post (cue trumpets ...) if you know what I mean and I often wonder what happened to them. Keep this thread going with updates and folk will find you to give you support. Enjoy the sunshine, chips xx

Meant to ask what pans have you got? Tried to treat myself at Christmas. did loads of research, had some delivered from Debenhams which I sent back. Everything made in China. Even M&S, John Lewis etc. Found one German manufacturer and the Mauviel French copper restauranty ones which tend to have metal handles and no lids, so still have my old faithfuls :confused: chips xx

Meant to ask what pans have you got? Tried to treat myself at Christmas. did loads of research, had some delivered from Debenhams which I sent back. Everything made in China. Even M&S, John Lewis etc. Found one German manufacturer and the Mauviel French copper restauranty ones which tend to have metal handles and no lids, so still have my old faithfuls :confused: chips xx

The one I have is made by le creuset but its not one of t hose big old heavy coloured ones...it's this one

Le Creuset 30 cm Toughened Non-Stick Shallow Frying Pan: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

highly recommend and built.

chips it does seem you and me are exactly at the same weight place at the moment would be great to tag along with someone who else who is at the same point as myself :)

Sorry about my dodgy spelling..I shall blame it on my iPad and my fingers not liking this modern tech!

chips it does seem you and me are exactly at the same weight place at the moment would be great to tag along with someone who else who is at the same point as myself :)

Hi posh, Thanks for pan info, I think I did consider the Le Creuset one but want a set ideally, will deffo check it out though. I am doing old WW at home and you are doing (I think) Slimming World, but some common ground re motivation. I post my highs, lows and some funnies :rolleyes: on my thread http://www.minimins.com/lot-weight-...987-chips-everything-back-14.html#post6433238 so a good place to catch me. Be good, chips xx

when i went to john lewis to research my pans they also recommended the le creuset pans x

Sod it ! Made in China ! :confused: I will do all I can to avoid Chinese products, one, because UK had such a great steel industry, two their quality and recalls are frightening and three I hate their human rights record and what they have done in Tibet :soapbox: Blast. Getting political makes me hungry :( chips xx

Have a google of dr John Briffa. He talks a lot of sense. His book ' escape the diet trap' may chime with you .

Secondly , although I know SW advocate 'free' food there is actually no such thing ( don't all lynch me ). If you over eat pasta, rice or potatoes you will not lose weight or loss will be slow. I quite like the SW principles but it's not great if you have no off switch when it comes to carbs. Carbs = starch = sugar and it is this, not fat, that inhibits weight loss.

My advice would be to cut down on your carbs, keeping them to one meal if you can. Up your fresh food. Try not to graze all day ( no need to keep 'stoking' your metabolism - eat a meal and give it time to do its job and digest the food you've just put in it , as opposed to filling up on fruit or yogurts ). And eat three times a day - good, solid meals.

Do the above and you'll see a bigger loss next week: you should see at least half a stone

( incidentally I went from over 15 stone and a size 18 and am now 9 stone 4 and a size 8 using the above methods, so I've not just made that all up in my head : ) )

Lots of luck

Have a google of dr John Briffa. He talks a lot of sense. His book ' escape the diet trap' may chime with you .

if you have no off switch when it comes to carbs. Carbs = starch = sugar and it is this, not fat, that inhibits weight loss

Thanks greta, I will check out book tomorrow, thanks. Although I am doing old WW not SW, I know I am carb-o-holic (as in - I eat a lot of carbs, not that I think I am a bar of old fashioned smelly pink soap) (young MiniMinnies will be saying WHAT?) and your words hit home. I have done OK over the last 8 weeks, but it is slow after the initial big loss on the first week. I tend to have porridge or toast for breakfast, bread at lunch and sometimes bread and chips with veggie burger type evening meal or pasta or rice based meal. I snack on organic rice cakes. So this week, I will try cutting down on that food group and see what happens. Thanks. chips xx

Back