binge eating

PrincessPink-x

can anyone help me? i used to binge eat a lot and now been doing sw for almost a year and i have it mainly under control, however i still binge every monday night when i get home from weigh in. how do i break this habit and overcome binge eating once and for all.
also part of controlling my binges i have cut out all trigger foods during the week (over than monday eve) this is pretty much all choc crisps biscuits. how can i introduce these back into my diet so that i just eat them normally like others would. would love to be able to just have a pack of crisps for lunch and know it will end there

I wish I knew, Im exactly the same. I have trouble having one of anything ! It seems to be all or nothing for me. Good luck x

im same sometimes....i dont do 'treat night' after weighin an it triggers pigging out. Which helps weighloss too as dont need to loose the calories from that night you eat.
crisps etc dont by multi bags, by single until your comfortable to have them in the house. I dont with biscuits, to many syns in my opinion, prefer wotsits for 4syns :)

Its just time, will power, an just doing it :/ i dont as have crisps, chocolate as syns so i think that helps? xx

Its difficult when you have to have packed lunch goodies in for for kids though lol. My husband bought me 12 x Creme eggs in Saturday. I have five left :cry:

see thats the problem i need to do packed lunches for kids and for hubby so there is always crisps/chocolate/cakes ect in the house. it is a lot easier to risist them than it was a year ago but i still got work to do.

also i wish i could just have choc/crisps as syns then i prob wouldnt binge after weigh in but i cant just have 1 bag of crisps without leading to more and going over my daily syns. guess next monday night i need to be harder on myself not to binge

We dont have any crisps, biscuits cakes ,chocolate in the house because me and OH are just the same we would eat them all in one go. Its a shame but we cant be trusted so they are not bought its the only way for us.

For me i learnt the hard way. Firstly after having my son last year in feb i returned to sw in march and having not put on much weight i couldnt get into sw and had such a massive appetite that after 2 weeks of struggling i gave up. I was so big at that time that i couldnt even fit my little baby into my lap as my tummy was taking up all the space so i decided to take the route of a vlcd. I did that for nearly 2 months in which i really suffered and felt isolated as i couldnt join in with my family and also my little daughters who were 3 and 2 than wanted to know why they couldnt have a milkshake either for dinner! This experiance plus another personal one made me appreciate sw a lot more for the freedom i had. I went back to sw like a newborn lol and fully use my syns for choc and things. I'm not saying i dont binge at all but it has reduced a lot and plus i have days off like childrens birthdays where i will eat what i want knowing fully well that if i gain i gain and it will come off in no time because i will be following sw for life so need to adapt it to my needs.
It is very hard to do it alone so can you not maybe get your hubby to help out aswell because i know my binge trigger points and when i know i will binge i tell my hubby and he keeps an eye on me like a hawk lol and so far its working x

I am also a binge eater but since joining in October I have it under control. The only day i have struggled is after weighin so now whrn i get home from weigh in I always have a slimming world version of naughty food. Tomorrows is going to be melt in the middle burgers, SW chips, salad and a whole meal roll. For afters I have a portioned bit of chocolate. Im usually so full that I feel naughty but I know that it's all within plan.

I am also a binge eater :( Now I am doing SW I have put the kids and OH on healthier lunch boxes, they get fruit, mini box raisins, sandwich or wraps, froob yogs and SW cakes. I have resisted buying any sweets, chocs, crisps cakes etc.... OH takes the kids for a walk to the park via sweetie shop so they still get there treats. When I can control a bit better we can try reintroducing junk into the home but for now this is working and I think the kids enjoy the treats more now they have not got a house rammed with goodies.
I hope I can kick the binge eating once and for all this time!

I used to binge on crisps,chips,bread etc and i just cut them out completly from the food i eat. I never had a treat night after weigh in i used to always treat my weigh in day as me being on my game the most, so i would make sure it was the best day of the week not the worst.

You should try and get all the family on board with you, so you wont have to have any of the things that trigger you off in the house. Im not married or have kids but theres 4 of us in the house and we are all on board together and if anyone does have treats they are kept away from anyone else so as not to trigger anyone else off.

Although it does not bother me anymore, i can look at all the things that used to trigger me off and i dont want them anymore. I think it might be because i make all my own meals now from scratch and the food im eating tastes better than any of the rubbish i used to eat.

It is very hard though as my brother and sister have both struggled with it and my brother fell off the wagon (so to speak) hard at the end of last year. But he is back on track now. My sister to has found hard like when she was on holiday she struggled quite badly.

You just need to keep persevering with it as there is no simple answer to it.

The only thing that i eat now out of my triggers is bread but i dont have a loaf at a time like i used to. I eat multigrain bread and although i do have 4 slices a day i am eating it to help me maintain my weight now as i either have it with a laughing cow triangle spread on or plain and its a lot more filling plain with nothing on. Im sure the reason i could eat so much is because i used to plaster is with butter.

Why don't you for next Monday cut binging out altogether and see if not doing it improves your weekly WI loss? Lots of people do go a bit mad after WI but what if not binging means losing an extra pound a week?

Also, if you know Monday is your binge night then why don't you have something ready that feels naughty but is within plan? Or alternatively treat yourself to an Indian or Chinese take away? Something like a chicken jalfrezi with rice is only 8.5Syns.

Back