BinkyBonk needs to lose weight...

Read this mornings Mail on Line - they give it away on the front page. :sigh: they do that all the time with the soaps. It will say spoiler and then print the spoiler so if you did not want to read it you already have (if you know what I mean :confused: )

Aww that's horrible :( were you surprised? X

So decided to forget how the scales made me feel and have pulled everything out of the bathroom and cleaned it top to bottom, I have cleaned the kitchen and washed up and put my washing away :)

Feeling more positive generally, I have had a cup of tea, an apple and a pear for breakfast and tomato soup with cheese and two GF rolls :)

I am going to get ready to go out and pop to the post office then catch the train to Bath. The bf company have a Christmas party every year and me and the gf of someone my bf works with chat every year for the whole night, this year we swapped numbers so we could meet up before Christmas lol, so I am meeting her in Bath for a costa and a chat and then the boys will join us after work and we will all be going for dinner together, hope we all get on well :)

Hope you have a lovely time x

Dear Binks I know you have had hard time being on sw plan but I am very sure you get back to it.
Sometimes when I have been on plan 100% I had small gain or did not lose a gram.
Thing is - sw have free food ( pasta , rice, yogurt ) , free branded foods ( mug shots any other fast rice or pasta- cook in min things), speedy food and health extras + syns.

If you go by free foods like I often do, you will lose weight but to give it little boost you need to add speedy foods too. I find that many sw receipts as good but lack of vegetables.
Also you said you using up all you have at home, thats fine hun- dont be dishearten, when you have little more finance you can go on plan 100%.
What I found for myself that stops me having great losses are - mug shots. As soon as I have em my weight loss slows down. Potatoes and rice. Too much bread. Too much yogurt ( even syn free) and most of all - weight loss is slow when I try to eat less. I lose weight first yes but when I go back to normal eating I have a kilo gain next day.
Bananas and grapes are sometimes reason too. They are free but not speedy.

Hun - what I want to say is, dont cry over scales. Its not worth it. You must know that you doing so well. Look how far you come. Look how much effort you put into everything. Dont you even for second think you are not in zone as you are.
Smile and keep going. Its not a race. There is only one way to win- and thats never to give up. You have done so well already and there is no doubt in my mind that you will get to your goal. Girl you better smile and enjoy your beautiful day :)

Dear Binks I know you have had hard time being on sw plan but I am very sure you get back to it.
Sometimes when I have been on plan 100% I had small gain or did not lose a gram.
Thing is - sw have free food ( pasta , rice, yogurt ) , free branded foods ( mug shots any other fast rice or pasta- cook in min things), speedy food and health extras + syns.

If you go by free foods like I often do, you will lose weight but to give it little boost you need to add speedy foods too. I find that many sw receipts as good but lack of vegetables.
Also you said you using up all you have at home, thats fine hun- dont be dishearten, when you have little more finance you can go on plan 100%.
What I found for myself that stops me having great losses are - mug shots. As soon as I have em my weight loss slows down. Potatoes and rice. Too much bread. Too much yogurt ( even syn free) and most of all - weight loss is slow when I try to eat less. I lose weight first yes but when I go back to normal eating I have a kilo gain next day.
Bananas and grapes are sometimes reason too. They are free but not speedy.

Hun - what I want to say is, dont cry over scales. Its not worth it. You must know that you doing so well. Look how far you come. Look how much effort you put into everything. Dont you even for second think you are not in zone as you are.
Smile and keep going. Its not a race. There is only one way to win- and thats never to give up. You have done so well already and there is no doubt in my mind that you will get to your goal. Girl you better smile and enjoy your beautiful day :)

Moo, i am struggling so hard to get back on the SW plan and i have no idea why =(

I have had a lovely few days though and am smiling =)

Sorry to hear you're struggling love, are you bored? Could you maybe buy the SW magazine and make a recipe out of it each week? I sometimes feel bored of having the same meals week in week out and I find it really helps to switch things up :) xx

So yesterday i had a lovely day, i met my friend and we went to a coffee shop and then went on to have cocktails and i had an alcoholic one he he, it was vodka, apple schnapps and apple and elderflower lemonade and was strong but tasty lol x

We then met the boys and went to waggamama for dinner, it was so nice, we had a starter, main and pudding!!! i haven't done that for years lol, but it was all so tasty and I didn't feel like we over indulged either which was good, we went for drinks after and again i had an alcoholic one eeek =) we just caught the last train home as we were so busy talking =D

This morning i had to get straight up and go and meet my friend for a costa in town, it was lovely to meet up and have a catch up =) I have spent the afternoon cleaning and catching up all my recordings i have just not had time to watch this week =)

Sorry to hear you're struggling love, are you bored? Could you maybe buy the SW magazine and make a recipe out of it each week? I sometimes feel bored of having the same meals week in week out and I find it really helps to switch things up :) xx

I think i am just too tired, sorry if that makes me sound lazy, i have just been all over the place and catching trains everywhere this week and trying to then have the time to cook three healthy meals from scratch is a struggle, i am a bit scared though as this is the reason that i put on weight in the first place...

I am just struggling with the washing up and the SW plan means i am always in the kitchen lol x

Next week i am working three long days next week and going to Bristol for one day and have two driving lessons on the other day so am thinking it is going to be really hard again next week too (time wise) and i am worried as it is the week before we go away for the week, i really wanted to be under 10st 7lbs but have ended up going the other way and am currently 10st 12lbs which is why i wanted to cry =(

I understand that completely, when I started SW I couldn't believe how much time I spent prepping meals. Do you have an Iceland near you? SW have released a range of ready meals, there are about 10 in all I think. There are also sausages and meatballs, they're all free and easy to stick in the microwave/oven when you can't be bothered x

How do you manage that long term then hun? the first month i did so well and now rubbish =(

I do and i went to look today and they had basically sold out, my SW page says they are restocking each morning so may try and go in tomorrow or Wednesday morning, my only worry is that they are quite expensive =O x

Currently munching on crisps and chocolate feeling disappointed with myself =(

The problem is when i weigh everyday and the numbers are going down i eat even better to keep seeing results, but the last week when they have been going up i have eaten badly and ended up putting more on, Am thinking of not weighing this week and starting tomorrow doing a 100% week to try and see a good loss like i did my first SW week? hmmmm not sure i can do it? x

I'm trying to get into bulk cooking...it's dull, but it works. On thurs I made 4 batches of Turkey chilli to freeze and today I made kedgeree - we are it for dinner then I boxed up four portions for the week. I'm going to keep trying to do this so I don't make bad food choices when I'm too tired or busy to cook, which is a lot.

Another thing I do is whilst I'm cooking a Sunday roast I also cook an extra chicken and boil some extra potatoes which i mash instead of roast so Monday nights dinner is always chicken or sausages & mash. I also do a big pot of a tomato based sauce on a Sunday so Tues night is probably pasta with tomato sauce, and wed might be wraps topped with sauce & cheese and grilled to make homemade pizzas (for the kids...I tend not to eat wraps so have leftovers that night)

I try to always plan my food on a Sun for the week so there's no decision making involved - if I fail to plan, I always have a bad week!!! And I find it much easier to cook in the morning (eg get up and put it in the slow cooker) than at night.

This might not work for you, but if you're struggling, you need to ask yourself, do I want to change my routine a bit to make it work, or do I want to find a different plan. Either way is valid.

I really hope this helps and good luck. This losing weight lark is definitely not easy!!!

Currently munching on crisps and chocolate feeling disappointed with myself =( The problem is when i weigh everyday and the numbers are going down i eat even better to keep seeing results, but the last week when they have been going up i have eaten badly and ended up putting more on, Am thinking of not weighing this week and starting tomorrow doing a 100% week to try and see a good loss like i did my first SW week? hmmmm not sure i can do it? x

If it's not for you hun, there's no shame in going back to calorie counting, just wanted you to know that, Horses for courses, I know I couldn't do sw. But you do seem to enjoy it, you could try a mixture of calorie counting and using the recipes and stuff you have learnt at sw? Or give it a time limit maybe say to yourself you will try it for another month?
Or if I'm reading this all wrong, just write off today and start again Tomo :) just do what works for u hun and don't feel pressure to do anything

Lots of love & hugs my friendy :) xxx

How do you manage that long term then hun? the first month i did so well and now rubbish =(

I do and i went to look today and they had basically sold out, my SW page says they are restocking each morning so may try and go in tomorrow or Wednesday morning, my only worry is that they are quite expensive =O x

I batch cook, and prep the night before now usually. They are expensive but they are 500g meals and are supposed to serve 2 xx

To be honest they are expensive. I got few and I would say curries are only one that could to dinner for two. Adding rice and salad yourself.

Iceland meals are meant to be just in case you busy and dont have time to cook meals. Not everyday things. At least thats how I see it.

As for finding time to cook on busy week, I cook meals that can last for few days. Like cous cous, pasta. Stew. Pulled chicken or turkey. I have tuna and potato in house for quick meal.

I do love cous cous. I cook cous cous and add med vegetables to it. Makes amazing salad or side dish for meat. Cous couse takes about 5 min to cook and is very tasty on its own too.

Pasta - cook one pack of pasta. Do Bolognese or carbonara or pasta and cheese and turn left overs to tuna - or chicken salad next day.

Have you done sw quiche? Last also for two days. Eat hot or cold.

Speedy tomato soup. Great as an soup and even better on next day as pasta sauce.

Mornings when you wake up early - prep over night oats. Its lovely starter for day and fills you up for long period of time.

Slow cooker is the savor. Put chicken ( skin removed ) add some carrots and onion with salt , pepper and chicken stock. Leave it overnight (or put it in slow cooker before you go out) and when you wake up or come home you will have most amazing pulled chicken.

If you have can get chicken breast with good price boil 3-4 of them. Cool down and leave in fridge. That why you always have chicken to make fast sw or salad or omelet. Same with eggs. They stay easy for two days in fridge.

Make big bow of sw coleslaw and save it. Then you have always salad with your meals.

And so on and so on.
Its hard to find time but its not impossible. And ofc go back to your week one or two food diary and copy that.

You can do it girl. I believe in you :) smiles.

NB ! Glad that you had nice time girl. You deserve it

I'm trying to get into bulk cooking...it's dull, but it works. On thurs I made 4 batches of Turkey chilli to freeze and today I made kedgeree - we are it for dinner then I boxed up four portions for the week. I'm going to keep trying to do this so I don't make bad food choices when I'm too tired or busy to cook, which is a lot.

Another thing I do is whilst I'm cooking a Sunday roast I also cook an extra chicken and boil some extra potatoes which i mash instead of roast so Monday nights dinner is always chicken or sausages & mash. I also do a big pot of a tomato based sauce on a Sunday so Tues night is probably pasta with tomato sauce, and wed might be wraps topped with sauce & cheese and grilled to make homemade pizzas (for the kids...I tend not to eat wraps so have leftovers that night)

I try to always plan my food on a Sun for the week so there's no decision making involved - if I fail to plan, I always have a bad week!!! And I find it much easier to cook in the morning (eg get up and put it in the slow cooker) than at night.

This might not work for you, but if you're struggling, you need to ask yourself, do I want to change my routine a bit to make it work, or do I want to find a different plan. Either way is valid.

I really hope this helps and good luck. This losing weight lark is definitely not easy!!!

Thank you my lovely I think batch cooking might be the way forward, I am currently clearing out the freezer to do exactly that which i think is why i feel like i have fallen off plan as i am not eating as well as i was but i think i will sit down now and plan meals that i can make batches of as this always helps me focus, i will also get my books and magazines back out to look through as that should help =)

I am struggling at weekends as they are the only time i don't plan but think i will start planning for me and the bf can still do whatever he likes he he x

I can't use my slow cooker on work days as i am out for 14 hours and think it would make it all really dry =/ plus i would have to get up at 4am to sort it out but on non work days i think i need to remember it is there, i shall start looking on the recipe page again as that always helps x

Thank you for the advice, i love the SW plan so definitely need to change my routine to fit it x

If it's not for you hun, there's no shame in going back to calorie counting, just wanted you to know that, Horses for courses, I know I couldn't do sw. But you do seem to enjoy it, you could try a mixture of calorie counting and using the recipes and stuff you have learnt at sw? Or give it a time limit maybe say to yourself you will try it for another month?
Or if I'm reading this all wrong, just write off today and start again Tomo :) just do what works for u hun and don't feel pressure to do anything

Lots of love & hugs my friendy :) xxx

Think i will draw a line now waffle and start back on SW again properly tomorrow, i will deffo look into batch cooking as i was doing that before, i just get so tired but i don't want to use it as an excuse so need to plan better again =)

Thank you for the hugs and being here waffle, i literally couldn't keep going without everyone's support x

I batch cook, and prep the night before now usually. They are expensive but they are 500g meals and are supposed to serve 2 xx

That seems to be why i have got a bit stranded as is topped ding that this week and then struggled for time x

Oooo i didn't know that, i really want to try the chicken tikka and will deffo be getting the meatballs to put in pasta bakes he he, hope they have some in when i next go =)

To be honest they are expensive. I got few and I would say curries are only one that could to dinner for two. Adding rice and salad yourself.

Iceland meals are meant to be just in case you busy and dont have time to cook meals. Not everyday things. At least thats how I see it.

As for finding time to cook on busy week, I cook meals that can last for few days. Like cous cous, pasta. Stew. Pulled chicken or turkey. I have tuna and potato in house for quick meal.

I do love cous cous. I cook cous cous and add med vegetables to it. Makes amazing salad or side dish for meat. Cous couse takes about 5 min to cook and is very tasty on its own too.

Pasta - cook one pack of pasta. Do Bolognese or carbonara or pasta and cheese and turn left overs to tuna - or chicken salad next day.

Have you done sw quiche? Last also for two days. Eat hot or cold.

Speedy tomato soup. Great as an soup and even better on next day as pasta sauce.

Mornings when you wake up early - prep over night oats. Its lovely starter for day and fills you up for long period of time.

Slow cooker is the savor. Put chicken ( skin removed ) add some carrots and onion with salt , pepper and chicken stock. Leave it overnight (or put it in slow cooker before you go out) and when you wake up or come home you will have most amazing pulled chicken.

If you have can get chicken breast with good price boil 3-4 of them. Cool down and leave in fridge. That why you always have chicken to make fast sw or salad or omelet. Same with eggs. They stay easy for two days in fridge.

Make big bow of sw coleslaw and save it. Then you have always salad with your meals.

And so on and so on.
Its hard to find time but its not impossible. And ofc go back to your week one or two food diary and copy that.

You can do it girl. I believe in you :) smiles.

NB ! Glad that you had nice time girl. You deserve it

I will only be using them if i get stuck but loving the idea of sharing the chicken tikka with rice on a Friday as a treat he he x

I want to try and find a pulled pork recipe to do for the bf as he loves it and i can't eat pork so have no idea what type of joint to buy and how to cook it lol, I will also look at a recipe for speedy soup as everyone seems to talk about it x

I will have to look for GF cous cous as i do love it with med veg too and can eat it cold =)

I don't know why i haven't thought to look back, silly binky lol, thank you Moo, i am drawing a line today and hoping tomorrow will be a new SW day x x

A Gigantic thank you and hug to all my mini friends, all of your support and suggestions are muchly appreciated x

I am determined to do this, i need to do this, I am going to sit and plan everything today and tomorrow sort it all out for the next week, i am determined to get closer to the low tens again by Centre Parcs x x

Back