BinkyBonk needs to lose weight...

I ended up eating a GU cheesecake, they were reduced in Waitrose and honestly I needed something today x Maybe that's why I have stalled weight loss wise? That's why I am going to follow SW again as I want to get to 10st soon x

I'm a believer in treating yourself for sure. I think when you really want it better to have the treat them deprive yourself and then go on a crazy eating spree.

My problem is that I probably have 300 totally unnecessary calories a day extra and over a 4.5 week month that's more like that's 3lbs. That's why some months id lose 3 or 4 instead of 6-7 which sounds a lot more.

The challenge when your weight comes down is that your BMR does too. When you look at the maths, if you are under 11stone and only doing very moderate exercise, it's very hard to lose more than 1lb a week. Add in a couple of very naughty days / weekends and you can wipe out a week of good work and plateau for a month.

That's why I think at our lower weight unless you are literally gagging for that snack, it's not worth it when you look over the month and what it adds up to.

For me at this weight, the only way to make a dent in my weight loss is to do 6 amazing days - zero extras - literally nothing and only one naughty day which is maintenance (not a binge). It's how I lost the weight last year. Every so often knuckled down and nailed a couple of weeks lost 4-5lbs and then maintained.

1.5lbs deficit you need to deprive your body of just over 5000 calories. That is a lot spread over a week. So apart from Christmas I've found maintaining pretty easy. That doesn't worry me. The challenge is getting it off!!!!

Lol!!! I'm going to find this really hard!! It can't include my Friday lunch at duck and waffle / sushi samba as that will be £200 a head. But all the other meals Monday - sunday. £70. Yikes.

It's ok I do not include takeaways in my budget! Ouch £200 a head x

I ended up eating a GU cheesecake, they were reduced in Waitrose and honestly I needed something today x Maybe that's why I have stalled weight loss wise? That's why I am going to follow SW again as I want to get to 10st soon x

OMG I love the gu Choc soufflé I haven't had one since I have been dieting! <3 want one now lol xx

I'm a believer in treating yourself for sure. I think when you really want it better to have the treat them deprive yourself and then go on a crazy eating spree. My problem is that I probably have 300 totally unnecessary calories a day extra and over a 4.5 week month that's more like that's 3lbs. That's why some months id lose 3 or 4 instead of 6-7 which sounds a lot more. The challenge when your weight comes down is that your BMR does too. When you look at the maths, if you are under 11stone and only doing very moderate exercise, it's very hard to lose more than 1lb a week. Add in a couple of very naughty days / weekends and you can wipe out a week of good work and plateau for a month. That's why I think at our lower weight unless you are literally gagging for that snack, it's not worth it when you look over the month and what it adds up to. For me at this weight, the only way to make a dent in my weight loss is to do 6 amazing days - zero extras - literally nothing and only one naughty day which is maintenance (not a binge). It's how I lost the weight last year. Every so often knuckled down and nailed a couple of weeks lost 4-5lbs and then maintained. 1.5lbs deficit you need to deprive your body of just over 5000 calories. That is a lot spread over a week. So apart from Christmas I've found maintaining pretty easy. That doesn't worry me. The challenge is getting it off!!!!

I totally agree, I am now maintaining eating carefully but with treats so maybe I need to try and knuckle down a week on a week off or something? How do I work out my calories a week now then my lovely?

Using an online calculator it says my BMR is now 1503 and my TDEE is 1,803 (that's sedentary) so what should I be aiming for a day now? Confused.com x

I totally agree, I am now maintaining eating carefully but with treats so maybe I need to try and knuckle down a week on a week off or something? How do I work out my calories a week now then my lovely? Using an online calculator it says my BMR is now 1503 and my TDEE is 1,803 (that's sedentary) so what should I be aiming for a day now? Confused.com x

So to lose a pound, you need to save 500 a day. 3500 a week. So if you ignore your steps (some of which are factored into your TDEE - not the amount you do but let's just stick to TDEE a min) you would need 1300 a day to lose a pound in a week. The challenge though is that most people misstate their calories by up to 20% and over estimate exercise and often TDEEs don't prove to be 100s accurate. When a study was undertaken on Fitbit style gadgets some of them overestimated calories burnt by 27%!!!

So if you want 1lb a week I would stick to 9100 calories a week. That's 500cals a day under your TDEE but because you do stacks of steps (more than sedentary, you have an inbuilt buffer if you underestimate calories, overestimate TDEE / cals burnt). You could do one week at 9100 (1300 a day average which is above the minimum 1200 they recommend) and following week at 11200-12000. I'd estimate that would be 5-6lbs a month loss. Almost impossible to lose more than that at our lowish weight.

So to lose a pound, you need to save 500 a day. 3500 a week. So if you ignore your steps (some of which are factored into your TDEE - not the amount you do but let's just stick to TDEE a min) you would need 1300 a day to lose a pound in a week. The challenge though is that most people misstate their calories by up to 20% and over estimate exercise and often TDEEs don't prove to be 100s accurate. When a study was undertaken on Fitbit style gadgets some of them overestimated calories burnt by 27%!!!

So if you want 1lb a week I would stick to 9100 calories a week. That's 500cals a day under your TDEE but because you do stacks of steps (more than sedentary, you have an inbuilt buffer if you underestimate calories, overestimate TDEE / cals burnt). You could do one week at 9100 (1300 a day average which is above the minimum 1200 they recommend) and following week at 11200-12000. I'd estimate that would be 5-6lbs a month loss. Almost impossible to lose more than that at our lowish weight.

Thank you so much for explaining it to me, i got all confused again now my weight has lowered and didn't know what to do. Okay on a plan week i will follow 1300 calories a day and not count my steps, i try not to add them all anyway as i am sure you said about the fact they aren't accurate before... but 27% omg?! ugh i so need to get back in the groove again x

So to lose a pound, you need to save 500 a day. 3500 a week. So if you ignore your steps (some of which are factored into your TDEE - not the amount you do but let's just stick to TDEE a min) you would need 1300 a day to lose a pound in a week. The challenge though is that most people misstate their calories by up to 20% and over estimate exercise and often TDEEs don't prove to be 100s accurate. When a study was undertaken on Fitbit style gadgets some of them overestimated calories burnt by 27%!!! So if you want 1lb a week I would stick to 9100 calories a week. That's 500cals a day under your TDEE but because you do stacks of steps (more than sedentary, you have an inbuilt buffer if you underestimate calories, overestimate TDEE / cals burnt). You could do one week at 9100 (1300 a day average which is above the minimum 1200 they recommend) and following week at 11200-12000. I'd estimate that would be 5-6lbs a month loss. Almost impossible to lose more than that at our lowish weight.

Hmm caT, makes me tempted to to set my mfp at lightly active instead of sedentary and just not eat exercise calories, would that work cat? Is that what you are meaning here sort of? Xx

Hi here to subscribe, loving your challenge to keep the food budget down. Have started doing more food planning and going to think about cost more as well x

Hi here to subscribe, loving your challenge to keep the food budget down. Have started doing more food planning and going to think about cost more as well x

Hi, welcome to my thread *waves* x

I am just tired of spending all my money on food and am changing jobs in a couple of weeks so things will be a bit tight this month too which is extra motivation :D

By all means join me and Silver in our quest, we are trying to keep our shop down to £50 for me and the bf and £30 for silver next week Monday to Friday, let's see how we get on he he x

Morning everyone,

I weighed this morning and am down to 10st 11lbs yeyyyyyyyyyyy!

Not really sure how that works after having a GU cheesecake but feeling so happy to push past 10st 12lbs as I felt really stuck all week x

You were also right Bex my measurements are looking good :)

Hoping to be very good this week and stick to budget so we will see x

Hi, welcome to my thread *waves* x I am just tired of spending all my money on food and am changing jobs in a couple of weeks so things will be a bit tight this month too which is extra motivation :D By all means join me and Silver in our quest, we are trying to keep our shop down to £50 for me and the bf and £30 for silver next week Monday to Friday, let's see how we get on he he x

Good luck I think that sounds a really good idea and achievable. I am going to see how little I can spend this week and use everything up in the fridge as keep buying food so I am getting planning. Good luck with the challenge I will be watching with anticipation x

Morning everyone, I weighed this morning and am down to 10st 11lbs yeyyyyyyyyyyy! Not really sure how that works after having a GU cheesecake but feeling so happy to push past 10st 12lbs as I felt really stuck all week x You were also right Bex my measurements are looking good :) Hoping to be very good this week and stick to budget so we will see x
well done on the loss x

Good luck I think that sounds a really good idea and achievable. I am going to see how little I can spend this week and use everything up in the fridge as keep buying food so I am getting planning. Good luck with the challenge I will be watching with anticipation x

Thank you my lovely, I am curious to know how much price wise we eat a week and think writing it down will help me see if I can save anywhere :)
Good idea, let us know how you get on with planning x

I'm gonna write down and extras too good idea, well done on the loss :) x

Back