Birth Annoucements and Stories

What a great story and you look great in the pics! X

Lovely story, he's gorgeous and you look fab in the photos x

Didn't realize it was so long after writing it lol.

Thank you! I feel pretty good too from having Connor. Xx

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Congratulations Jess lovely pics I must have missed your announcement. How's Jacob with his new brother xx

Congratulations Jess lovely pics I must have missed your announcement. How's Jacob with his new brother xx

Thank you!. I did update on my diary but cannot remember if I did on the pregnancy thread or not?

Oh jacob loves him. I cannot believe how good he is with Connor! Always wanting to hold him, kisses him, helps feed etc. It's adorable! Xx

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Myself and husband are proud parents to a beautiful baby boy, Henry James Who weighed in at 8 pounds and 1/2 ounce born at 38 weeks and 5 days.

We came into hospital for a planned induction on wednesday, however due to a shortage of beds we was not admitted until 6pm, no checks done because the suppositories needed prescribing and they were very busy I told the midwife at 11pm I'd rather wait till morning now as it was still on the drs list to prescribe. Husband went home and I went to sleep and at 2am my waters broke naturally, I started having contractions at 11am which we're 5 mins apart and around 45 seconds long I was in pain and because i couldn't get a bed on labour ward we was only allowed paracetamol and dihydrocoedine We arrived at labour ward around 6pm on Thursday evening, i was 3cm dilated at this point. Straight on the gas and air. The consultant was keen for Me to be placed on the hormone drip at 8pm, however I requested more time, and as the baby was fine they set a target of 7cm by 10pm, however i was only 5cm, but the midwife (who was great) said she was happy enough to let me carry on, the consultant concurred, however again set a target of fully dilated by 2am (24hrs post waters). I was 8cm at 2am, i had gas and air, plus some diamorphine, I struggled as the drugs wore off however did amazingly well to avoid the epidural. The midwife said we need to be fully dilated by 7am or I would have to have the drip, i was 9.5cm dilated, however contractions had slowed to every 10 minutes and the midwife said she was concerned that although I would be fully dilated soon, the contractions would not be strong enough to bring the baby out so she placed me on the drip at 7am and this proved to be a great option because at 845 am i was fully dilated and the midwife just said go for it, if I wanted to push then do so, Henry was born at 956am naturally no instruments and no epidural.

However post birth I had torn an early 3rd degree tear so went to surgery which required a spinal all that hard work to avoid it, and i needed it after the birth, Sod's law! But I don't mind the experience was amazing and I'm so far doing ok with breast feeding and lack of sleep hahaha.

Xxx

Like I just said on to due dates thread, massive congratulations!!! So pleased he's here and what a fab weight. Sounds like you did really well Hun :) Glad your midwife was nice too. I found most of them there lovely. What was she called?

Welcome to the world Henry!!xx

Congratulations!! What a gorgeous name and sounds like you did amazingly well xxx

Myself and husband are proud parents to a beautiful baby boy, Henry James Who weighed in at 8 pounds and 1/2 ounce born at 38 weeks and 5 days.

We came into hospital for a planned induction on wednesday, however due to a shortage of beds we was not admitted until 6pm, no checks done because the suppositories needed prescribing and they were very busy I told the midwife at 11pm I'd rather wait till morning now as it was still on the drs list to prescribe. Husband went home and I went to sleep and at 2am my waters broke naturally, I started having contractions at 11am which we're 5 mins apart and around 45 seconds long I was in pain and because i couldn't get a bed on labour ward we was only allowed paracetamol and dihydrocoedine We arrived at labour ward around 6pm on Thursday evening, i was 3cm dilated at this point. Straight on the gas and air. The consultant was keen for Me to be placed on the hormone drip at 8pm, however I requested more time, and as the baby was fine they set a target of 7cm by 10pm, however i was only 5cm, but the midwife (who was great) said she was happy enough to let me carry on, the consultant concurred, however again set a target of fully dilated by 2am (24hrs post waters). I was 8cm at 2am, i had gas and air, plus some diamorphine, I struggled as the drugs wore off however did amazingly well to avoid the epidural. The midwife said we need to be fully dilated by 7am or I would have to have the drip, i was 9.5cm dilated, however contractions had slowed to every 10 minutes and the midwife said she was concerned that although I would be fully dilated soon, the contractions would not be strong enough to bring the baby out so she placed me on the drip at 7am and this proved to be a great option because at 845 am i was fully dilated and the midwife just said go for it, if I wanted to push then do so, Henry was born at 956am naturally no instruments and no epidural.

However post birth I had torn an early 3rd degree tear so went to surgery which required a spinal all that hard work to avoid it, and i needed it after the birth, Sod's law! But I don't mind the experience was amazing and I'm so far doing ok with breast feeding and lack of sleep hahaha.

Xxx

Omg huge congrats to u all. So so pleased for u. Welcome to the world little dude xxx

Congratulations, enjoy! Welcome to the world Henry xx

Congrats and welcome to the world Henry xx

Haven't had a story i
On here for a while :) love them all.
!!

Congratulations xxx

Congratulations :) welcome to the world little Henry x

Congratulations!!! How gorgeous is the name Henry?! So cute!! <3 You did really really well :) xx

Hi all, here it is, bit long on the arrival of Brooke , 7lb11 born at 12 on 9/9/14 Waters went around 2am 8th september just made it to the bathroom. Called the ward and they said come in when your ready to monitor baby. I straightened my hair got dressed ordered a taxi and went. Arrived and was kept waiting in the waiting area, waters continued to leak! Was seen by the midwife who wanted to pull my pants down to check my pad i told her no way i would take it of and show her but I'm not undressing for no reason. She rolled her eyes and followed me to the bathroom! Baby monitored for half an hour but was sleeping so kept on for another half hour. Midwife then said she couldn't conclude if my waters had broke, no matter what i said so said she would do an exam with an speculum which i flat refused, i didn't see it necessary. Said i would have it if it was my only option and she stated that of course i had a choice but what was she supposed to do and how would she treat me if she didn't know if my waters had gone or not, i asked her what the other option was which never came, she was rude and abrupt like i was a problem and i was probably rude then in return. I offered to come back in a day if labour hadn't started and take it from there which she wasn't willing to do and said she would have to get a dr to talk to me and medicalise a problem which didnt need to be. She said she would just look no examination It was confirmed then was sent home with induction time and made clear i would have to be examined. She was very un understanding unsympathetic and i hoped i wouldn't see her again as she probably doesn't want to see me! I was now dreading labour more then ever if they don't listen to you at all. Contraction started around 4 15-20 seconds every 8-10 mins then around 9.30 they where lasting 40seconds every 5 mins. Took some paracetamol didnt seem to help. Called the labour ward that suggested to stay at home if possible as they had only been 5 mins apart for 1 hour but to call anytime and i could go in and get examined. I gave myself a goal of four more hours but ended up going in around 11.30 i couldn't bear the pain! I couldn't sit or stand the only place i was comfortable was sat on the toilet think contractions made me feel like i needed to go! I was only 1cm! I begged for pain relief and was given meptid injection which hurt and didn't touch the sides. I then begged for an epi but as i wasn't dilated she didn't know where to put me . I screamed the whole ward down. Finally around 3 i was 4 cm and sent to a labour room. I waited ages it felt for the epi as the dr was in theatre, i was in gas and air to at this time which made me feel sick and very sarcastic ha ha. They nearly abandoned the epi as i couldn't stay still with the pain and felt ever so sorry for myself! Finally did it , dr was brill and sighted it in about 10 mins then hooked me up. Awww bliss. Midwife could then see i was nice ha ha but did say she doesn't normally get worn out but i had managed it. I was fully dilated around 8 am i was but my contractions weren't strong enough so was put on a drip to help, also antibiotics due to waters breaking earlier. I then brushed my teeth and did my make up in preparation. My day midwife was as prude as me so kept me covered up to the max. Not sure whey we waited think it was for the drip to kick in i tried pushing but nothing much, seen by the nicest dr who said if nothing in an hour its forceps and that my mission was to beat him! Still nothing by around 11.30 and a whole team of people came in, legs in stirrups, forceps, epi wearing off but think thats what they wanted, pushed my hardest when they said two more i started to sob uncontrollably not sure why then she was on me!! Taken for a quick check but nothing wrong - perfect. I was bleeding lost 1500 mil of blood and was stitched up as i was cut and had a bleed. There was blood and guts everywhere ha ha . Was looked after so well by the dr. Every last ounce of dignity i had was lost - and yes i did care despite the pain despite the trauma! Hubby was brill even tho he was so overwhelmed ! And thats it, stayed in the delivery room until about 3 and my mum came to visit then went to the ward after hubby helped me to shower. Stayed in the night so we could both rest as we hadn't slept for two nights and came home around 3 next day. Refused to have stitches looked at before going she tried to persuade me when i explained about my waters and that they do not really give choice she re worded her demand and left it giving me instruction how to look after it!! Still refused when health visitor came to see us and she found this inconvenient like i was a check list she had to carry out but i stayed strong. And home all settled shes fitting in so well love her to bits xxx

Back