Birth Annoucements and Stories

Gosh these birth stories are some scary stuff! Ahhh I hope mine is straight forward but I guess whatever happens you just have to deal with it and you ladies have all done a fab job!
I'm such a wimp though I hope I cope ok :/
Xxx

Gosh these birth stories are some scary stuff! Ahhh I hope mine is straight forward but I guess whatever happens you just have to deal with it and you ladies have all done a fab job! I'm such a wimp though I hope I cope ok :/ Xxx

You'll surprise yourself, honestly. When you're in the moment you don't give a sh1t about anything but meeting your baby :D xx

You'll surprise yourself, honestly. When you're in the moment you don't give a sh1t about anything but meeting your baby :D xx

So true! I'm the biggest wimp, cry when I feel ill but I got to 10cm on just gas and air, it honestly is just different to any other type of pain x

So true! I'm the biggest wimp, cry when I feel ill but I got to 10cm on just gas and air, it honestly is just different to any other type of pain x

That's good to know because I too am the biggest wimp! I always cry when ill/in pain as I just feel so sorry for myself lol xx

Yeah it's true, you just sort of get on with it! And time just disappears....don't know where it goes! Xx

It's ridiculous how fast time goes. They broke my waters at 20.40 and before I knew it it was 7am and the next shift was starting and a new midwife took over!!xx

Would like to title this with baby's name.. but we still dont know...
So here goes...
Went to bed Sunday night to watch TV on laptop... Got up at 12:08 for bathroom as decided it was lights out.. I was getting tired..
So mid pee I felt what was like air bubbles passing with my wee and my wee flow got a little faster.. Not much came out and it wasn't a gush so I shouted to J that thought my waters went.. But wasn't sure... (then posted on our advice thread that I thought they had)
I was so confused n thought maybe I'd "fanny farted" while peeing n imagined the extra water.. So popped on a maternity pad and went back to bed... Tried to go to sleep and ignore it... I had lower back ache but it was very mild and had been getting that for a few days when I'd get into bed... Then I got a little "cramp" in the bottom of my bump... I lay there still as anything waiting to see if more waters came out but nothing... Baby had a good strong wriggle n squished on my bladder so I got up again to use the loo... On way back I got another little gush... It wasn't allot again and didn't do anything more than went my pants n trousers but it wasn't something I could control so I knew that was it... I went to the toilet.. had a pee sample cup in the bathroom so caught some of what was "leaking" and rang the hospital... They said to come in, they'd check me over, see what was happening but as I wasn't having pains, they'd most likely send me home to let things progress.. But to go in and have a trace and examination... So I changed myself (pants again) Got dressed.. Straightened my hair (very important!!) and in we went...
On the way down I was getting really minor contractions but nothing... In fact I was unsure if they were contractions or just stronger BH as they weren't painful... just uncomfortable... Then we got to the hospital... And just as we pulled up at the door I got the first of my strong contractions.. Ouch!!
Went in, registered, and went to L&D...
Went on a baby heart trace... N contractions were coming strong and fast... I'd gone from none... To one very 2 mins lasting just shy of minute and they were strong... (prob rating 7/10)
They examined me and said I was only about 1cm... Confused!! I'd been told I was 2cm on Thursday at the sweep.. And now I was "just about" 1cm???
So out the MW went and left me on the trace for 20 mins.. So could see the strength and timing of the contractions increase quick n fast on the trace so asked the matron if they could hold me there for another hour and see then what to do.. She said it looked like I was going to be fast.. So didn't want to send me home... Contractions were KILLING now so she suggested a gymm ball and warm shower coming down on my back.. I was reluctant as I thought it wouldn't be fair on J having to sit outside on his own for that length.. But she sent him in to hold the shower on my back... MORTIFIED :eek: (I can hear you all laughing at me!!! lol)
2 seconds later a contraction started so the embarrassment was soon forgotten!!! So bounced on ball in the shower for an hour with J holding the shower head on the bottom of my back during the contraction n running it over my shoulders mid contraction.. DEFINITELY recommend this if its an option!!!
MW came back and examined me again and I was "in established labour" Didn't say how many cm's so no idea n off she went to get the epidural :)
It was TORTURE sitting waiting for that to take effect as I obviously had to be back on the bed n sitting still!! In came gas n air... NO EFFECT!! J liked it tho :rollseyes:
Then another hour passed... Examined again... Fully dilated... Start pushing... 2 hours later... Out pops Baby O'Reilly... A girl.. As they told us ;) at 6lb 14oz....
She cleaned her up a little n slipped her up my nighty for skin to skin... Delivered the placenta (RANK!!!)... Stitched me up... Got us tea n toast... Jonathan packed up the room n off we went to our ward.... :D

And that ladies... Was my birth story...

Would like to title this with baby's name.. but we still dont know... So here goes... Went to bed Sunday night to watch TV on laptop... Got up at 12:08 for bathroom as decided it was lights out.. I was getting tired.. So mid pee I felt what was like air bubbles passing with my wee and my wee flow got a little faster.. Not much came out and it wasn't a gush so I shouted to J that thought my waters went.. But wasn't sure... (then posted on our advice thread that I thought they had) I was so confused n thought maybe I'd "fanny farted" while peeing n imagined the extra water.. So popped on a maternity pad and went back to bed... Tried to go to sleep and ignore it... I had lower back ache but it was very mild and had been getting that for a few days when I'd get into bed... Then I got a little "cramp" in the bottom of my bump... I lay there still as anything waiting to see if more waters came out but nothing... Baby had a good strong wriggle n squished on my bladder so I got up again to use the loo... On way back I got another little gush... It wasn't allot again and didn't do anything more than went my pants n trousers but it wasn't something I could control so I knew that was it... I went to the toilet.. had a pee sample cup in the bathroom so caught some of what was "leaking" and rang the hospital... They said to come in, they'd check me over, see what was happening but as I wasn't having pains, they'd most likely send me home to let things progress.. But to go in and have a trace and examination... So I changed myself (pants again) Got dressed.. Straightened my hair (very important!!) and in we went... On the way down I was getting really minor contractions but nothing... In fact I was unsure if they were contractions or just stronger BH as they weren't painful... just uncomfortable... Then we got to the hospital... And just as we pulled up at the door I got the first of my strong contractions.. Ouch!! Went in, registered, and went to L&D... Went on a baby heart trace... N contractions were coming strong and fast... I'd gone from none... To one very 2 mins lasting just shy of minute and they were strong... (prob rating 7/10) They examined me and said I was only about 1cm... Confused!! I'd been told I was 2cm on Thursday at the sweep.. And now I was "just about" 1cm??? So out the MW went and left me on the trace for 20 mins.. So could see the strength and timing of the contractions increase quick n fast on the trace so asked the matron if they could hold me there for another hour and see then what to do.. She said it looked like I was going to be fast.. So didn't want to send me home... Contractions were KILLING now so she suggested a gymm ball and warm shower coming down on my back.. I was reluctant as I thought it wouldn't be fair on J having to sit outside on his own for that length.. But she sent him in to hold the shower on my back... MORTIFIED :eek: (I can hear you all laughing at me!!! lol) 2 seconds later a contraction started so the embarrassment was soon forgotten!!! So bounced on ball in the shower for an hour with J holding the shower head on the bottom of my back during the contraction n running it over my shoulders mid contraction.. DEFINITELY recommend this if its an option!!! MW came back and examined me again and I was "in established labour" Didn't say how many cm's so no idea n off she went to get the epidural :) It was TORTURE sitting waiting for that to take effect as I obviously had to be back on the bed n sitting still!! In came gas n air... NO EFFECT!! J liked it tho :rollseyes: Then another hour passed... Examined again... Fully dilated... Start pushing... 2 hours later... Out pops Baby O'Reilly... A girl.. As they told us ;) at 6lb 14oz.... She cleaned her up a little n slipped her up my nighty for skin to skin... Delivered the placenta (RANK!!!)... Stitched me up... Got us tea n toast... Jonathan packed up the room n off we went to our ward.... :D And that ladies... Was my birth story...

Yours is the first story I've read and not wanted to cross my legs and keep baby in ;) lol definitely about time 1 of you had a 'nice as can be' birth, and hopefully Jess and then me will keep up the trend!! :)

Would like to title this with baby's name.. but we still dont know...
So here goes...
Went to bed Sunday night to watch TV on laptop... Got up at 12:08 for bathroom as decided it was lights out.. I was getting tired..
So mid pee I felt what was like air bubbles passing with my wee and my wee flow got a little faster.. Not much came out and it wasn't a gush so I shouted to J that thought my waters went.. But wasn't sure... (then posted on our advice thread that I thought they had)
I was so confused n thought maybe I'd "fanny farted" while peeing n imagined the extra water.. So popped on a maternity pad and went back to bed... Tried to go to sleep and ignore it... I had lower back ache but it was very mild and had been getting that for a few days when I'd get into bed... Then I got a little "cramp" in the bottom of my bump... I lay there still as anything waiting to see if more waters came out but nothing... Baby had a good strong wriggle n squished on my bladder so I got up again to use the loo... On way back I got another little gush... It wasn't allot again and didn't do anything more than went my pants n trousers but it wasn't something I could control so I knew that was it... I went to the toilet.. had a pee sample cup in the bathroom so caught some of what was "leaking" and rang the hospital... They said to come in, they'd check me over, see what was happening but as I wasn't having pains, they'd most likely send me home to let things progress.. But to go in and have a trace and examination... So I changed myself (pants again) Got dressed.. Straightened my hair (very important!!) and in we went...
On the way down I was getting really minor contractions but nothing... In fact I was unsure if they were contractions or just stronger BH as they weren't painful... just uncomfortable... Then we got to the hospital... And just as we pulled up at the door I got the first of my strong contractions.. Ouch!!
Went in, registered, and went to L&D...
Went on a baby heart trace... N contractions were coming strong and fast... I'd gone from none... To one very 2 mins lasting just shy of minute and they were strong... (prob rating 7/10)
They examined me and said I was only about 1cm... Confused!! I'd been told I was 2cm on Thursday at the sweep.. And now I was "just about" 1cm???
So out the MW went and left me on the trace for 20 mins.. So could see the strength and timing of the contractions increase quick n fast on the trace so asked the matron if they could hold me there for another hour and see then what to do.. She said it looked like I was going to be fast.. So didn't want to send me home... Contractions were KILLING now so she suggested a gymm ball and warm shower coming down on my back.. I was reluctant as I thought it wouldn't be fair on J having to sit outside on his own for that length.. But she sent him in to hold the shower on my back... MORTIFIED :eek: (I can hear you all laughing at me!!! lol)
2 seconds later a contraction started so the embarrassment was soon forgotten!!! So bounced on ball in the shower for an hour with J holding the shower head on the bottom of my back during the contraction n running it over my shoulders mid contraction.. DEFINITELY recommend this if its an option!!!
MW came back and examined me again and I was "in established labour" Didn't say how many cm's so no idea n off she went to get the epidural :)
It was TORTURE sitting waiting for that to take effect as I obviously had to be back on the bed n sitting still!! In came gas n air... NO EFFECT!! J liked it tho :rollseyes:
Then another hour passed... Examined again... Fully dilated... Start pushing... 2 hours later... Out pops Baby O'Reilly... A girl.. As they told us ;) at 6lb 14oz....
She cleaned her up a little n slipped her up my nighty for skin to skin... Delivered the placenta (RANK!!!)... Stitched me up... Got us tea n toast... Jonathan packed up the room n off we went to our ward.... :D

And that ladies... Was my birth story...

Awwwww lovely hun :) Congratulations again. I really am over the moon for you and J :) Shower on the back sounds bliss! I did smile when you wrote about MW sending J in to do that lol! I was going to ask if he was there for the birth after all ;) x

Sounds like ALL of you ladies have done so so well. Well done :) xx

That sounds pretty good to me too!! I like the ball in the shower idea wonder if I can suggest that :)

Yours is the first story I've read and not wanted to cross my legs and keep baby in ;) lol definitely about time 1 of you had a 'nice as can be' birth, and hopefully Jess and then me will keep up the trend!! :)
Hopefully its started now n it follows on... Was easy by any means.. But overall it wasn't nearly as bad as I'd let my head think it would be!! The last couple of pushes are HARD... I balled n was close to giving up (not that that was an option) but honestly... its nowhere near as bad as you think...
Awwwww lovely hun :) Congratulations again. I really am over the moon for you and J :) Shower on the back sounds bliss! I did smile when you wrote about MW sending J in to do that lol! I was going to ask if he was there for the birth after all ;) x

Sounds like ALL of you ladies have done so so well. Well done :) xx
Aw Jess he was so good in there... I kept covering myself with the sheet so he couldn't see (he was standing by my left shoulder) so he kept asking if he'd leave?? Saying if it'd make it easier for me he'd go outside til it was done... But I didn't want to stop him seeing his baby girl being born.. I couldn't have done that.. Was SOOOO worried about going poo n if I did, he either didn't see it, or has lied coz he said I def didn't...

That sounds pretty good to me too!! I like the ball in the shower idea wonder if I can suggest that :)
It was the MW suggested it for me and it was great.. Really made a HUGE difference...

Oh... Forgot to mention... Jonathan cut the cord :D

What a great birth. Did laugh at you saying j had to come in shower with you. Poor Paul had to take me to the loo twice where I pooed as well as weed. He had to hold all the wires and monitors. Was embarrassed for about a second but was in so much pain that it soon passed. Paul was fab and just did whatever I needed him to do. X

That's def how to do it, well done you! If you have another I bet it would be even quicker.
Xxx
Oh Susie don't. That was already too fast!! Ha ha

Guess I took after my mams first birth. Kinda!! Except hers was so fast she didn't get to hospital n my sister was delivered at home!!
What a great birth. Did laugh at you saying j had to come in shower with you. Poor Paul had to take me to the loo twice where I pooed as well as weed. He had to hold all the wires and monitors. Was embarrassed for about a second but was in so much pain that it soon passed. Paul was fab and just did whatever I needed him to do. X
Yea the MW kept giving J jobs to do so he was really involved. Not big things but same holding wires n silencing the machine n things... He was so supportive n super n he knew how worried I was about pooing which is why he offered to leave.
N the texts after he'd left us that night had me balling!!! He told me how proud he was etc when he was there but his messages were just so so nice.

Fab labour story!! And I'm glad J got to be there when she was born. Obviously it was your choice but I think it's a nice bonding thing between mummy and daddy as well. Your labour is EXACTLY how my next one will be!! I'm going to order a Frances labour ;) lol.

Amazing labour! I want one like that next time, nice and quick. Sounds like you did amazingly well Frances, although sounds like G&A wasn't your thing ;)

So glad we finally have a positive birth story - here's to many more! xxx

Amazing labour! I want one like that next time, nice and quick. Sounds like you did amazingly well Frances, although sounds like G&A wasn't your thing ;)

So glad we finally have a positive birth story - here's to many more! xxx

No. N I was so excited about getting it as everyone has always told me how great it was... But it had NO effect

Then the mw went off n left us n I asked J if he wanted a shot. He took one gasp of it n was like "this is deadly. U must b out of it"
I thought he was taking the piss ha

No. N I was so excited about getting it as everyone has always told me how great it was... But it had NO effect

Then the mw went off n left us n I asked J if he wanted a shot. He took one gasp of it n was like "this is deadly. U must b out of it"
I thought he was taking the piss ha

I didn't think the G&A did much either.....I kept telling them it only worked when I stopped using it (to which they informed me that was because the pain had gone Haha) but yeah I really didn't think it worked although mike did tell me it made me say things that were totally not what I would say... so maybe it did work in some ways. I really didn't like the feeling of being drunk/woozy/nauseous so wouldn't rush to use it again!

Well it's been a while coming but I thought I would share my BS.

Well I was called and asked to go in to the maternity assessment unit on the 30 Jan for a repeat blood test.... so my manager drove me there as parking is a nightmare and they didn't want my BP to be high. Well once I was there the doctor told me that I wasnt going home and they wanted to admit me for 24hrs to get a 4hrly blood pressures done as my blood results and blood pressure were displaying signs of HELPP Syndrome (basically a nasty form of preeclampsia) however I wasnt showing any physical signs of it just my bloods were...my platelets were dropping and some liver function test was getting higher (I haven't googled as I don't really want to know what it was so that's as much as I know!) I panicked a bit as they wouldn't let me home to pack a bag or to go to work to sort out all my bits and pick up my car. I was in overnight and joyfully had to listen to an early labourer all night who claimed she was dying with every contraction... started off being quite amusing but by about 3/4am it wasn't anymore!
Friday 31st they made it clear that although my bp was ok they weren't going to let me home, they were going to induce that day but I was only 36+6 and I had to be 37weeks! Saturday 1 Feb they were going to induce, they scanned me to check baby's position etc and then inserted the propess at about 2pm. I spent the afternoon walking around the hospital waiting for things to happen. I convinced myself it wouldn't happen as it was 3 weeks early. I sent Mike home to get some sleep at about 10pm and shortly after he left I was getting some period pain in my back so I settled down to get some sleep... well actually watched a film on the tablet. Well I watched 2 films and was getting more and more uncomfy but didn't really feel I needed any pain relief. At about 1am I asked the midwife if I could have a couple of paracetamol in hope I could sleep. No such luck. At 2am I went to the toilet and noticed bright red blood on my pad... instant panic! I told the midwife who checked my pad and said nothing to worry about just monitor it and let them know if it's any heavier. Well about 20 mins later I moved in bed and it felt very wet down there (sorry TMI) so I looked and id soaked the pad with bright red blood! More panic.... this time from me and the midwife! The next thing I knew I had 2 midwives in and they examined me.... cervix was far back and barely a fingertip open. The bleeding was still going and all I did was apologise for being a problem. I moved again and another gush of blood followed..... within moments I had 2 drs and 2 midwives in the room. One doctor examining me, another inserting a cannula and 2 midwives trying to get a good trace on baby. I think at this point I burst in to tears as I was scared and called Mike who got there in record time....poor bloke can't stand blood and what do I do.... bleed heavily. The doctor examined me and said she wanted to break my waters (she gave me a very painful stretch and sweep for good measure!) They put up a bag of fluid and went to sort out the labour room. They transferred me to labour Ward and the doctor re examined me and found I was 1-2cm and there had been a big change since her last examination about 20/30 mins earlier. She broke my waters and I asked for an epidural....not because I was in pain but I really thought I'd end up with a section and did not want it to be such an emergency I had to be knocked out for it. Well anaesthetist came really quick and got to work....3 attempts at getting it in and omg the contraction pain was horrendous! At one point I couldn't stop myself pushing the poor midwife panicked and started getting her gloves on etc. Turns out it was probably pressure from Rebecca's head and I also passed a large blood clot (that they had to keep and show to everyone who came in the room! Yuck!) Again I kept apologising to the midwife that I was causing trouble. Well epidural kicked in and they examined me and I was 9cm!!! In the space of less than an hour! At about 8am they wanted me to push. I pushed for 2.5hrs but madam was not moving! She had her head deflexed (not tucked in how it should have been) and also was back to back so they wanted to use forceps (at this point the epidural had pretty much worn off!) So the doctor gave me 3 choices:
1. Forceps in the room with little/no pain relief (they would top up my epidural but didn't think it would work in time!)
2. Continue pushing and have an epidural top up then forceps
3. Transfer to theatre for forceps/csection if forceps failed!

Doctor told me she wanted to do option one so I agreed....I just wanted the baby out!

Omg the pain was horrendous but thankfully it wasn't for long and rebecca was born at 10.52am... straight on to my chest with a big old bruise on her head from where she was stuck!

I lost a lot of blood throughout and they considered a transfusion but luckily my iron levels were good before delivery so I escaped with just a couple of bags of fluid!

Not the delivery I hoped for at all but I'm just glad we were both ok! To this day they have no idea where the blood came from as Rebecca showed no signs of distress which would have linked it to the placenta. I'm just a puzzle to them!

Wow sorry that was a long post! Hope you aren't all asleep! Xx

Back