Birth Annoucements and Stories

I'm guessing I didn't have that? If you're not having to deliver the placenta yourself I suppose you wouldn't. I think my sickness was just the drugs, I had two shots of pethadine during labour and diamorphine put through my cannula afterwards so I'm guessing that's what did it! Seth was born at 10.30 and I didn't stop throwing up every few minutes until about 6 when they gave me anti sickness drugs, I remember cos mum turned up for visiting with no idea what had happened and I had my head in a bucket! :/

I think my sickness was down to gas n air although I wasn't sick til I stopped using it!
Def wasn't worth throwing up for IMO

finally got time to sit and read your story Jess & wow you did fantastic!!! Such a long labour so i know your pain, its not nice at all!

But you got your beautiful little girl at the end of it all :D

Congratulations again xxxx

We need some more babies and some more birth stories !!!

We need some more babies and some more birth stories !!!

Give me around 72 hours ;) although my birth story will be relatively short providing everything goes perfectly! X

Give me around 72 hours ;) although my birth story will be relatively short providing everything goes perfectly! X

It'll still be a birth story and I can't wait!! Mega excited for you. Is it one of those where you go in the morning and have to hang around until it's your turn?x

It'll still be a birth story and I can't wait!! Mega excited for you. Is it one of those where you go in the morning and have to hang around until it's your turn?x

I'm in at 7.30 with 2 other ladies, my sister said from what she remembers of her 2 elective section it was 8.30, 10.30, and 12.30, providing everything goes to plan and there aren't too many emergencies to contend with, but I should definitely have my little girl by 1pm :D

I'm in at 7.30 with 2 other ladies, my sister said from what she remembers of her 2 elective section it was 8.30, 10.30, and 12.30, providing everything goes to plan and there aren't too many emergencies to contend with, but I should definitely have my little girl by 1pm :D

That's brilliant hun. Look forward to seeing some pics! Xxx

Let's just hope you don't get too many annoying people like me needing emergency sections at 10.30 lol ;) I can't wait to see pictures of the little lady! It feels like ages since the last new baby on here when actually it's only been a couple of weeks of course...

Let's just hope you don't get too many annoying people like me needing emergency sections at 10.30 lol ;) I can't wait to see pictures of the little lady! It feels like ages since the last new baby on here when actually it's only been a couple of weeks of course...

Yea it really does... We need a new new baby :)

Good luck... So exciting :)

I mentioned this to my sister and she said the first time she had a section, they have 2 theatre rooms and there was 2 emergencies as she was due to go in so they took her round to the gynae operating theatre, the only trouble is that ones a lot smaller so hubby couldn't be with her while they did the epidural, and Pete needs to be there for that I'm not good with any needles let alone massive ones!!

I mentioned this to my sister and she said the first time she had a section, they have 2 theatre rooms and there was 2 emergencies as she was due to go in so they took her round to the gynae operating theatre, the only trouble is that ones a lot smaller so hubby couldn't be with her while they did the epidural, and Pete needs to be there for that I'm not good with any needles let alone massive ones!!

Shenzi u won't see a thing!!!
My friend asked was the needle huge? I said "no. Just the same as a normal needle"
Jonathan was like "we're u not there?! It was not the same as a normal needle!!!!" So that's how much u'll notice lol

Shenzi u won't see a thing!!! My friend asked was the needle huge? I said "no. Just the same as a normal needle" Jonathan was like "we're u not there?! It was not the same as a normal needle!!!!" So that's how much u'll notice lol

Lol as long as no one says look Emma this is what's going in your back otherwise someone may get a kick in the goolies lol

I had two separate epidurals and I didn't see the needle either time! I didn't think it hurt either but then again I was in full on labour by the time I had it done so you could have hit me over the head and I wouldn't have noticed lol ;) You'll be fine Emma xxx

Lol as long as no one says look Emma this is what's going in your back otherwise someone may get a kick in the goolies lol

Lol
They prepped it all out of sight from me. He came round explained everything. Risks involved etc. I signed a firm n he disappeared... Only Elaine asked n J told her it wasn't the standard needle I thought it was, I'd still b none the wiser :)

I had two separate epidurals and I didn't see the needle either time! I didn't think it hurt either but then again I was in full on labour by the time I had it done so you could have hit me over the head and I wouldn't have noticed lol ;) You'll be fine Emma xxx
Lol They prepped it all out of sight from me. He came round explained everything. Risks involved etc. I signed a firm n he disappeared... Only Elaine asked n J told her it wasn't the standard needle I thought it was, I'd still b none the wiser :)

Ahh i won't be in labour so it might hurt lol it will be worth it though :D

Worst thing for me was keeping still while they did it! But that was only hard cos I was having contractions to deal with so that should be fine for you. Swings and roundabouts hun xxx

Ahh i won't be in labour so it might hurt lol it will be worth it though :D

Oh I felt it... Was a bugger being terrified to move in case something went wrong when all I wanted to do was jump away lol
Plus, the MW kept telling me to "relax my shoulders"
Eh.... He's sticking a needle in me!!!!!!!!! How the F can I relax??? Lol

Oh I felt it... Was a bugger being terrified to move in case something went wrong when all I wanted to do was jump away lol Plus, the MW kept telling me to "relax my shoulders" Eh.... He's sticking a needle in me!!!!!!!!! How the F can I relax??? Lol

That's exactly what I was like. They kept telling me one shoulder was higher than the other and I should relax and drop them. He's sticking a fricking huge needle in my back, I can't relax!! And I don't even have a fear of needles.

Finally getting round to putting mine up!

Thomas Ross Hickin
13/2/14 8lbs 2oz born 19.47

A couple of weeks before I actually gave birth I was in hospital twice with severe pains coming round from my back to my bump. Had the pains quite a bit but only went to hospital twice when they were really bad. The first time they sent me home after some pain relief and monitoring the baby saying it was gas and the second time I was kept in overnight with even more pain relief while they tried to figure out what it actually was. After an ultrasound of my organs it turned out I had an enlarged gall bladder and pressure on my kidney which they said was causing the pain.
I was sent home again and told to try and sleep forward, pretty impossible at 38 weeks but I tried!

Think it was 2 days later I woke up in pain again so at 2am I went and ran a bath, from 2am to 6am I started having irregular contractions which then became regular up until 11am when we decided it was time to go to hospital. On getting there and getting hooked up to be monitored the contractions petered out to practically nothing! The severe pain I had been getting before decided to stick around and I couldn’t lie down or move without it hurting so bad, could only stand hunched over which helped a tiny bit. On being examined they said they could only get a fingertip to my cervix so nothing was happening there.

After deciding there was no way I could go home in that pain they moved me to a delivery suite and monitored me off and on. Was still in so much pain and only having very few contractions so ended up having pethidine, a tens machine and gas and air. The tens machine helped a little bit but I could still hardly move and I had been vomiting and not keeping anything down since 6am that morning. Was desperate at this stage and it was around 6pm when one of the midwives suggested a C Section, I asked whether an induction could be done but they basically said I could have a C Section or stay in the pain for a couple of days and see if anything progressed. I did ask about an induction but they said it wasn’t an option, I don’t know if it was a language barrier or what but I still don’t know why it wasn’t.

After the constant pain and vomiting we decided it was the best thing to do. Unfortunately H wasn’t allowed in with me L In theatre the way they wanted me to sit for the spinal was so painful I was practically screaming so they had to give me general anaesthetic. Next thing I knew I was waking up in theatre and Thomas had been taken to the neo natal. H showed me a picture when we got to my room but he was in the incubator and I was still pretty out of it so didn’t go see him. When I was woken around 2am the midwife took me to the toilet and helped me wash up a bit and change then I managed to walk through and finally see him. Was horrible not being able to hold him, his breathing was being regulated as it was quite fast.

He was in the incubator for 2 days getting cup fed formula, on the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] day I expressed some colostrum for him but he was mainly being fed formula. Finally on the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] day he was out and could be with us, H stayed at hospital too. When I could finally try breastfeeding the midwife looked at my nipples and was like oh they’re flat. Something I had never realised!! After unsuccessfully trying to breastfeed he ended up with formula and I managed to express for his next feed. H was sent to the shop for nipple shields to help with BF which kind of worked but milk would leak everywhere and he’d still need to be topped up with formula. At 5am a midwife came in and was trying to force my nipple into his mouth so I was stressed and he was screaming. Eventually she gave in and he had formula again! Since then he was so reluctant to take a BF with the nipple shields so before leaving the hospital we decided best way forward was to express. On getting home we tried quite a few times to feed with nipple shields but we were never that successful so now he has expressed milk through bottles and we’re all happy and Dad gets to feed too. He also has occasional formula when I can’t keep up!

Think all the trouble in the hospital has affected my decision to give him breast milk since birth went as far from plan as it was possible to go. I hate my birth story and I know I shouldn’t but feel crap I didn’t have a natural birth and that we had to wait 2 days before we could properly hold him. We gave him some feeds holding him through the incubator holes but no proper holding until he was out.

Glad H was off on paternity leave when we got home as I felt awful for the first week, had fever and chills which I think was to do with not emptying my boobs properly. Had a blocked milk duct too which was so painful and affected my milk production for a couple of days.

Since then we’ve been getting on well but still not ready to think about another one! I’d be afraid of those pains starting again but I’m sure he’ll have a little brother or sister one day J I would hope not to have a C Section next time but from what I’ve heard it depends on your doctor.

Finally getting round to putting mine up! Thomas Ross Hickin 13/2/14 8lbs 2oz born 19.47 A couple of weeks before I actually gave birth I was in hospital twice with severe pains coming round from my back to my bump. Had the pains quite a bit but only went to hospital twice when they were really bad. The first time they sent me home after some pain relief and monitoring the baby saying it was gas and the second time I was kept in overnight with even more pain relief while they tried to figure out what it actually was. After an ultrasound of my organs it turned out I had an enlarged gall bladder and pressure on my kidney which they said was causing the pain. I was sent home again and told to try and sleep forward, pretty impossible at 38 weeks but I tried! Think it was 2 days later I woke up in pain again so at 2am I went and ran a bath, from 2am to 6am I started having irregular contractions which then became regular up until 11am when we decided it was time to go to hospital. On getting there and getting hooked up to be monitored the contractions petered out to practically nothing! The severe pain I had been getting before decided to stick around and I couldn’t lie down or move without it hurting so bad, could only stand hunched over which helped a tiny bit. On being examined they said they could only get a fingertip to my cervix so nothing was happening there. After deciding there was no way I could go home in that pain they moved me to a delivery suite and monitored me off and on. Was still in so much pain and only having very few contractions so ended up having pethidine, a tens machine and gas and air. The tens machine helped a little bit but I could still hardly move and I had been vomiting and not keeping anything down since 6am that morning. Was desperate at this stage and it was around 6pm when one of the midwives suggested a C Section, I asked whether an induction could be done but they basically said I could have a C Section or stay in the pain for a couple of days and see if anything progressed. I did ask about an induction but they said it wasn’t an option, I don’t know if it was a language barrier or what but I still don’t know why it wasn’t. After the constant pain and vomiting we decided it was the best thing to do. Unfortunately H wasn’t allowed in with me L In theatre the way they wanted me to sit for the spinal was so painful I was practically screaming so they had to give me general anaesthetic. Next thing I knew I was waking up in theatre and Thomas had been taken to the neo natal. H showed me a picture when we got to my room but he was in the incubator and I was still pretty out of it so didn’t go see him. When I was woken around 2am the midwife took me to the toilet and helped me wash up a bit and change then I managed to walk through and finally see him. Was horrible not being able to hold him, his breathing was being regulated as it was quite fast. He was in the incubator for 2 days getting cup fed formula, on the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] day I expressed some colostrum for him but he was mainly being fed formula. Finally on the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] day he was out and could be with us, H stayed at hospital too. When I could finally try breastfeeding the midwife looked at my nipples and was like oh they’re flat. Something I had never realised!! After unsuccessfully trying to breastfeed he ended up with formula and I managed to express for his next feed. H was sent to the shop for nipple shields to help with BF which kind of worked but milk would leak everywhere and he’d still need to be topped up with formula. At 5am a midwife came in and was trying to force my nipple into his mouth so I was stressed and he was screaming. Eventually she gave in and he had formula again! Since then he was so reluctant to take a BF with the nipple shields so before leaving the hospital we decided best way forward was to express. On getting home we tried quite a few times to feed with nipple shields but we were never that successful so now he has expressed milk through bottles and we’re all happy and Dad gets to feed too. He also has occasional formula when I can’t keep up! Think all the trouble in the hospital has affected my decision to give him breast milk since birth went as far from plan as it was possible to go. I hate my birth story and I know I shouldn’t but feel crap I didn’t have a natural birth and that we had to wait 2 days before we could properly hold him. We gave him some feeds holding him through the incubator holes but no proper holding until he was out. Glad H was off on paternity leave when we got home as I felt awful for the first week, had fever and chills which I think was to do with not emptying my boobs properly. Had a blocked milk duct too which was so painful and affected my milk production for a couple of days. Since then we’ve been getting on well but still not ready to think about another one! I’d be afraid of those pains starting again but I’m sure he’ll have a little brother or sister one day J I would hope not to have a C Section next time but from what I’ve heard it depends on your doctor.

Ah hun, you really had a crap time of it :( I can understand what you mean about feeling that you have to bf, it's how I feel and I think you're right that it's as a result of having the kind of birth that you didn't want or plan for. It sounds like hospitals do things very differently over there too!

Lots of women do have a natural birth after a c section, I'm not sure if I would want to or not as my labour was pretty horrible but it can be an option as far as I know xxx

Back