Birth Annoucements and Stories

Oh hun. Sorry to year u hate ur birth story but as I said to missy today (think it was this morning anyway) u nurtured him for 9 months n got him here safely... That's all that counts...
Easy for me to say, I know xxx

Vaginal birth after c section is definitely an option... Over here it is anyway!! Xxx

I'm sorry to hear you hate your birth story too :( If it's any consolation at all, I don't think any 1 of us girls on here got the exact birth story we wanted or had imagined prior to giving birth, which just goes to show how "unknown" it all is, and how quickly things can change. I know certain bits of my labour/birth affects me as well.

Sounds like despite it being pretty hard for you, especially not being able to have proper cuddles etc - that you've done incredibly well. Sounds like you went through a real difficult time, but you've come through it the other side and you and Thomas are doing so so well. :)

Thank you for sharing xxx It can't have been easy going over it all again - I cried typing mine out, and still do if I re-read it! xx

I'm sorry to hear you hate your birth story too :( If it's any consolation at all, I don't think any 1 of us girls on here got the exact birth story we wanted or had imagined prior to giving birth, which just goes to show how "unknown" it all is, and how quickly things can change. I know certain bits of my labour/birth affects me as well. Sounds like despite it being pretty hard for you, especially not being able to have proper cuddles etc - that you've done incredibly well. Sounds like you went through a real difficult time, but you've come through it the other side and you and Thomas are doing so so well. :) Thank you for sharing xxx It can't have been easy going over it all again - I cried typing mine out, and still do if I re-read it! xx

Ditto what Jess said. You're doing amazingly well and Thomas is very lucky to have you as a mummy x

Although you had a tough time with it your story sounds perfect to me getting that little baba here
Thanks for sharing

Im really set on what i want but i know realistically it wont all go to plan !

Although you had a tough time with it your story sounds perfect to me getting that little baba here Thanks for sharing Im really set on what i want but i know realistically it wont all go to plan !

It's definitely good to not have too set a plan, I don't think any of us have really had the birth we wanted so far. It can all change so quickly! Best thing is to have an idea of what you want but go in with an open mind xxx

It's definitely good to not have too set a plan, I don't think any of us have really had the birth we wanted so far. It can all change so quickly! Best thing is to have an idea of what you want but go in with an open mind xxx

Or you could be like me and COULD have the birth you wanted...but just be too nackered and in pain to even think about having it. Hence lots of lovely pain relief (epidural!) :) x

Aww as hard as some of you ladies have had it you have your little ones here.

I really want a water birth nice and private lights on low but the chances of that happening are slim , if im okay to use the pool, if its free, can i handle the pain!! I known it just all depends ha ha !!

My mum had two c sections and my sister did wonder if it runs in the genes !

Hi Danni,

I've just come back onto this forum 6 months after having my baby boy, looking for help to loose the baby weight and came across this thread.

I was induced after going 14d overdue i had a 40 hour labour that ended in an emergency Caesarian. When I found out I was pregnant I decided I wanted to breast feed! After the traumatic labour and my wee boy being on IV antibiotics he really struggled to latch on. Every midwife gave me different advice and tried to force him onto the nipple so much so that he cried every time he was handed to me :( I ended up giving him a little sippy cup with all the colostrum I could hand express. He went on to loose 12.5% of his birth weight and my partner convinced me to give him bottles of expressed milk- I beat myself up about it and was very reluctant as was told by the midwives that I would have little chance of breastfeeding after he got used to a teat. I got into a routine of pumping and feeding, which daddy could help with. I was producing over a litre a day at one point! But I still thought breast feeding would be easier so I did some research and read an article on line that many babies will latch on between 4 and 6 weeks. So I tried once or twice a week until he was 4 weeks- every time he just screamed! I gave up! On the day he was 6 weeks old he started sucking the bow on my nightie so I offered him my nipple- and we have never looked back! He has been breast fed ever since! It took me a while to get over the fact that I couldn't see how much he was drinking but eventually I found it liberating! He is now the most handsome wee boy and developing very fast for his age.

Obviously you may be very happy expressing and all credit to you it's hard work! But I just thought I would share my story in case you would like to try again :) I believe My boy was very groggy after his ordeal and was ultimately being force fed which gave him nipple fright but there was light at the end of the tunnel- I'm glad I persevered!

Aw Danni, like the others have said I'm really sorry you hate your birth story. It sounds like you had it tough. I was complaining after 6 hours of not seeing Cole properly so what you went through must have been horrible. But it got you your beautiful little man here safely. There doesn't seem to be many of us first time mummies on here getting an easy time of it in labour or, in my case, a 5 day induction. You should be proud of yourself that you grew a perfect little boy :) xx

Thanks everyone, your comments have helped :) Most important thing is he's here and happy and healthy xxx

I think I'll ask my doc about next birth at my next appointment as if we stay here she would be my doc again.

Ah hun, you really had a crap time of it :( I can understand what you mean about feeling that you have to bf, it's how I feel and I think you're right that it's as a result of having the kind of birth that you didn't want or plan for. It sounds like hospitals do things very differently over there too!

Lots of women do have a natural birth after a c section, I'm not sure if I would want to or not as my labour was pretty horrible but it can be an option as far as I know xxx

Oh hun. Sorry to year u hate ur birth story but as I said to missy today (think it was this morning anyway) u nurtured him for 9 months n got him here safely... That's all that counts...
Easy for me to say, I know xxx

Vaginal birth after c section is definitely an option... Over here it is anyway!! Xxx

I'm sorry to hear you hate your birth story too :( If it's any consolation at all, I don't think any 1 of us girls on here got the exact birth story we wanted or had imagined prior to giving birth, which just goes to show how "unknown" it all is, and how quickly things can change. I know certain bits of my labour/birth affects me as well.

Sounds like despite it being pretty hard for you, especially not being able to have proper cuddles etc - that you've done incredibly well. Sounds like you went through a real difficult time, but you've come through it the other side and you and Thomas are doing so so well. :)

Thank you for sharing xxx It can't have been easy going over it all again - I cried typing mine out, and still do if I re-read it! xx

Ditto what Jess said. You're doing amazingly well and Thomas is very lucky to have you as a mummy x

Although you had a tough time with it your story sounds perfect to me getting that little baba here
Thanks for sharing

Im really set on what i want but i know realistically it wont all go to plan !

Hi Danni,

I've just come back onto this forum 6 months after having my baby boy, looking for help to loose the baby weight and came across this thread.

I was induced after going 14d overdue i had a 40 hour labour that ended in an emergency Caesarian. When I found out I was pregnant I decided I wanted to breast feed! After the traumatic labour and my wee boy being on IV antibiotics he really struggled to latch on. Every midwife gave me different advice and tried to force him onto the nipple so much so that he cried every time he was handed to me :( I ended up giving him a little sippy cup with all the colostrum I could hand express. He went on to loose 12.5% of his birth weight and my partner convinced me to give him bottles of expressed milk- I beat myself up about it and was very reluctant as was told by the midwives that I would have little chance of breastfeeding after he got used to a teat. I got into a routine of pumping and feeding, which daddy could help with. I was producing over a litre a day at one point! But I still thought breast feeding would be easier so I did some research and read an article on line that many babies will latch on between 4 and 6 weeks. So I tried once or twice a week until he was 4 weeks- every time he just screamed! I gave up! On the day he was 6 weeks old he started sucking the bow on my nightie so I offered him my nipple- and we have never looked back! He has been breast fed ever since! It took me a while to get over the fact that I couldn't see how much he was drinking but eventually I found it liberating! He is now the most handsome wee boy and developing very fast for his age.

Obviously you may be very happy expressing and all credit to you it's hard work! But I just thought I would share my story in case you would like to try again :) I believe My boy was very groggy after his ordeal and was ultimately being force fed which gave him nipple fright but there was light at the end of the tunnel- I'm glad I persevered!

Thanks for sharing your story! Think we had nipple fright as well lol
You never know I might try again in the future xx

Aw Danni, like the others have said I'm really sorry you hate your birth story. It sounds like you had it tough. I was complaining after 6 hours of not seeing Cole properly so what you went through must have been horrible. But it got you your beautiful little man here safely. There doesn't seem to be many of us first time mummies on here getting an easy time of it in labour or, in my case, a 5 day induction. You should be proud of yourself that you grew a perfect little boy :) xx

I'm a bit late to this hun, but I agree with everyone else. It's hard when things don't go to plan but he's healthy and you're healthy and whilst that doesn't mean you wish things would have been different you can be glad for that.
Xxxx

Baby Eva Rosanna Buckle, born 28th March 2014 at 12.41pm

My birth story, thankfully a nice simple one, well we went to see the consultant on the 19th of march and together we made the decision that baby would be born via elective C Section on the following Friday!

So went in on Friday 28th March at 7.30am there was 2 other women there, we were told it would be done in order of complexity, at 9am after a chat with the surgeon that ours would last on the list, Cue a stroppy Emma because I so wanted to meet my baby as soon as possible and I was starving!! Anyway they finally came to me around 11.30 and took me through, took ages to find a vein to shove the cannula in, and then it was the spinal block, which wasn't as bad I thought, all the way through this I'm crying my eyes out knowing that it won't be long now and telling anyone who would listen my TTCing story they quickly lay me down and then starting asking if I could feel anything, nope nothing, no pain the spinal just made me feel a bit sick, so I had lots and lots of anti sickness meds, which is good because it completely took my mind of things, the lady doing the anaesthetic was talking to me and Pete and then do you realise they've started? We didn't have a clue lol a few minutes later we heard she's got loads of hair and then Pete popped his head round the blue screen and looked into the inside of my belly and caught the first glimpse of baby, I then told him off for looking lol, the anaesthetist then said your about to feel a push and a shove and then you'll have a baby (the best words ever!) and then the room filled with the sound of my baby crying and I looked above Pete's head and there's a baby all star fished crying as they showed her to me, for the first time, I told Pete to with her and not leave her side, as Pete walked with the nurse she told him not to look to the left as would see the inside of me again, he had to look at the chest burster scene to his left!

1 minute old baby

image-988288193.jpg

They bought the scales next to me so they could weigh her, I think we were all a little shocked to her 3.4 kgs (7.8lbs) as we were expecting a chunk!!

Our first moment together

image-2809473346.jpg

While they stitched me up they left Pete on his own with bubba in the waiting area

image-1055575457.jpg

I looked at the clock and it was 13.13.13 on the wall so between baby being born and me being stitched it was a matter of minutes really!

And that ladies is all, a nice simple C Section story, recovery was really quick from spinal and other than feeling a bit tender (if I remember to take my painkillers regularly!) I'm feeling pretty good!

Some photos from day 0 to day 4 (today!)

image-2969158450.jpg

image-1122124819.jpg

image-1170337308.jpg

image-62929287.jpg

image-1982946089.jpg

image-601096705.jpg

Ah congratulations Emma :) Eva is beautiful xx

Congratulations! A nice simple c section, she is absolutely beautiful xx

Congratulations lovely to hear your story and she really is beautiful xx

Beautiful photos and glad to hear everything went smoothly xx

Aw, a lovely straight forward birth! That's what I like. It makes me think that if I do have another baby I'll be asking for an elective, it sounds much nicer than an emergency c section! They were quick getting you stitched up too, it took ages for me but I think I was being awkward lol ;)

Eva's gorgeous and healthy, that's the main thing! I had a feeling they were wrong with the weight, that's at least three of us now who were told to expect big babies and got normal sized ones ;) xxx

Back