Biryani

StacieG

After weigh in we end up having takeaways and today we decided that we were going to make our own.
Stood in the cooking sauces aisle in Sainsburys looking at the backs of all the jars trying to find the ones with the lowest fat & carbs as they seem to be less syning!...
Came back with Sharwoods 2 step Biryani.. couldn't find it on the syns online from the sw website but put it in the syn calculator...and it came out as 3 1/2 syns on EE for the whole jar!!
So...cooked that with rice and to make it more of an EE meal, added baby sweetcorn, mangetout, onions and peppers and just left it to cook.

Found Sherwoods popadoms are 2syns each and added a some WW creme freiche @ 1/2 syn per level tbsp!

If anyone found these products as different syns please let me know, but as I know it was a low synning lovely tasting dish!! :D

ooh that sounds great and low syn'd. I tend to cook all my curries from scratch - but boy that is time consuming!

Yes, I was going to cook it out of the book but we thought it would be easier to find a low synning jar..and managed to!!

Sounds lovely!!

I can get a great ready mixed spice blend from a deli here called Mattas - you add two teaspoons of it to some passata or a tin of chopped tomatoes for your sauce. Fry your meat and veggies in some frylight and a little grated ginger, add your toms and spices and leave to bubble.

OH says it's better than the takeaway - and he's a huge Indian fan!

Back