Biscuits and sweets at work

Ninja

Silver Member
This week at work we've been piloting a new computer system which went live on Tuesday. We've had a very hard, busy week with lot's of overtime whilst dealing with some kinks and bugs in the new system. Anyway, last night our shift supervisor (lovely guy) brought in a tin of biscuits for everyone and someone else brought in some bags of sweets....chocolate éclairs, wine gums, mint imperials and jelly babies. I've been trying really hard to be good and repair the damage caused by the Kebab on Tuesday, but I found it so hard to ignore the biscuits. The sweets I wasn't too bothered about, but everytime I had to get up to go to the debrief desks I had to walk past the biscuits. I started work at 11am yesterday (normally only work 4-8) and ate 5 biscuits throughout the day :( of course I got hom and syn'd them all and it came to 14 syns :cry:

Why do people do it to me and why can't I just say 'No!!!'

We are all human Ninja, sometimes it's hard. The good thing is the biscuits didnt lead to more damage, you synned them and moved on. You could have said to you self, I've blown it, I might as well eat loads and start again tomorrow, so well done!

Hi Ninja, The great thing is that you could have had a whole lot more but you didnt! You also kept the control by sinning them and that is great! Don't be hard on yourself-back on the wagon girl (not that you slipped too far off of it!! lol)

I'm disappointed because I so want a loss this week and after the kebab incident the only way I'm going to manage it is if I keep my syns down to about 5/6 everyday and now I think I've blown it again for another week.
I go to London in 3 weeks time and was hoping to have lost another half stone. I'll be meeting my family there who I haven't seen since crimbo and I wanted to look super slim so that they'll notice how much I've lost. they'll still notice but I just wanted it to be a bigger overall loss, I'm never happy :rolleyes:

Back