Feeling Low... :(

Hev_Sparrow

Silver Member
Girls (and guys),

I'm feeling very low this week and that is likely to lead to comfort eating so I need to get it out my system before I cave and go to the shop. It's a combination of trivial little things, not even all relating to SW/ weight loss but it's getting on top of me and getting me down.

So, first things first - I have NO money, literally not a penny. And debt. And everyone else always seems to be out buying new things and expensive things and I'm waiting until I've got enough points on my reward card before I can buy a new eyebrow pencil. And we recently spent quite a lot of money (that we don't have) on a new mattress and pillows because our's were old and uncomfortable and we weren't sleeping well. But now the new mattress is like a rock and the pillows are too soft and I still can't sleep well, so now I feel like we've wasted money and I've potentially got to spend more on a new bed frame with sprung slats to get the most out of the new mattress.

On top of that work is hard because the girls are all very cliquey and spend a lot of time whispering amongst themselves, so I sit by myself wondering what to eat next. Or going to the shop to get out and buying crap. And it's always someone's birthday so there's money to hand over or cakes being brought in.

And on top of that, my weight loss isn't going well. I feel like I've changed my diet so much and it's considerably better but I'm still not losing. I know I go over my syns a lot so I should just reign that in but it's hard and like I say I would have thought I might see something just be cutting down but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Just feel like I could cry today. :(

I know exactly how are feeling.

My partner was laid off a couple of weeks of ago, fortunately he's found another job, but it's left us with no money for a few weeks, I have literally got 33p to my name at the moment and fallen behind with a few bills. Was in a worse situation before with debt before, just keep making payments and the debt will reduce, make a payment plan and stick with it. It'll suck for awhile watching everyone else seemingly having no problems but it will get better.

Having problems in work as well. Not cliquey or anything but the manager is a nutjob! She always telling me off for something even if it means contradicting herself!! She's like it with everyone tho, will turn a health and safty meeting into a rant about how crap we are!! Getting used to ignoring her now but really need to get out of there before I lose the plot!!

I'm a big comfort eater as well, and i like a drink when I'm stressed out! Keep your chin up, easier said than done I know but things will get easier, I'm sure, ignore the cliquey idiots and there whispers, if you need a good cry have one! always makes me feel better!!

Your not on your own hun xxx

Thanks Kellie, I hope your situation is steadily improving! I might have a good cry when I get home, but need to control myself at work! I'll be better at the weekend, my best friend has been away for 3 weeks with with a 6 hour time difference it's been hard to keep in touch and I miss her. I saw another friend at the weekend and much as I love her she's never had a struggle with money in her life so she doesn't really 'get' it.

I'm leaning towards joining a group (my mom said she'd pay) to help me keep on track with weight loss, but I worry that people will look at me like "what's she doing here?" cuz I haven't got much to lose. I don't really know what's best.

Dont worry about what other ppl think! Do whats best for you!! You could always speak to someone who leads a group about it before you join up? Or if you feel a bit wary of a group enviroment try myfitnesspal? If you not heard of it, its a free calorie counting website, i lost 3stone using that awhile back. Still use it now from time to time even tho i go to SW.

I have heard of it, I used it a little bit a couple of years ago, it kept telling me if I carried on eating like I did I'd be a stone heavier in a month! lol. I bid on an SW Food Directory last night on eBay (should win it in an hour unless someone jumps in!), so I'm going to try with that for a bit, cuz I struggle with syn values if I can't find things online. Feeling a bit better today, bit more optimistic again after managing to resist all the cakes that were in the office yesterday! I need to get back into a gym routine as well, my gym buddy has been working abroad so I lost the routine a bit, so hopefully next week when she's back it will help.

Glad you're feeling a bit more optimistic today x when I'm feeling rubbish I just remind myself to slow down and take it one step at a time, focus on the now and take the time you need to get yourself back up there feeling good.

A lot of my family and friends don't understand why I'm 'dieting' - I'm not hugely overweight, just a little extra chub but I don't feel confident in myself and I think that if I just lose 1 or 2 stone I'd feel so much better....OH is full of compliments and that I don't need to lose weight, I'm loved as is, etc etc which is always lovely to hear but sometimes it's a bit of a battle getting across why I'm doing it for me, nobody else! :)

Thanks KellieLou :) Someone outbid me on the Food Directory :mad: But I WILL get my hands on one!

Thanks calamityr - that's exactly what it's like, OH is all "you're gorgeous as you are, you don't need to lose anything" but I really don't feel comfortable or confident. Because all my excess weight is on my belly I worry I look pregnant and someone has actually asked me if I was which was very upsetting!

Back