bisto gravy granules.

utternutta

I have the vege one and put four small heaped teaspoons in to half a pint like it says. Is this 1 syn?

Thankyou xxx

Bisto Best, Vegetable Gravy Granules, dried, made up as directed, 142ml 2 syns

I just weighed 4 slightly heaped tsp and it came to 20g. According to the Nutrition on the packet this is 80 calories so 4 syns.

OK I've edited this post as my maths in discombobulating this morning:

Basically 4 heaped tsp is 4 syns, irrespective of how much water you put it in. For some reason SW think it would be interesting to calculate a 142ml serving (which would only need 2 heaped tsp, so is 2 syns). The Bisto pack says put 4 heaped tsp in half a pint (280ml) which is 4 syns.

At the end of the day 4 heaped tsp is 4 syns however much water you actually put it into. About 1 syn per heaped tsp.

Last edited:
Definitely says online 1 tsp = 1 syn!! Xx

At the end of the day 4 heaped tsp is 4 syns however much water you actually put it into. About 1 syn per heaped tsp.

Its actually 1 LEVEL teaspoon = 1 syn. A heaped spoon can be double a level one or maybe even more cos there's no "top" on it so thats why spoon measurements are always levelled for accuracy.

I started using the original bisto gravy powder cos its only 0.5 syns per level tsp, thats half as much as granules.

How do you count gravy when you have it in stews??

I just made the Bisto Turkey Gravy Granules using 4 heaped tsp in half pint water (I like it thick ;-) )

How many syns should I count (obviously I will try not to put it all on my plate!), I couldn't find any reference to the Turkey flavour but hoping it is like the chicken 1/2 syn per level tsp?

This will be my only syns today so I'm not too worried :)

Thanks!

Back