Bit contentious - A Night Out

Yeah, as I said before, you've had some fantastic losses on it sticking exactly to the plan and you do look fantastic! Just different peoples approaches. Thats why their are so many VLC diets and ketogenic diets, because their are a variety of reasoning and differences between them.

If i could I'd be adding more protein to these shakes as I dont think their is anywhere near enough. But. Will stick with this for a month and see how I go. The body generally takes 2 weeks to adjust to any dietry changes, ketogenic or not. So will see after a month what my losses are like and possibly come off this early depending on quite how much i loose :)

I dont see a problem with the odd high calorie meal as long as its a low to zero carb meal. Can even get very low carb bread now! :D Means I can eat pizza and still be in ketosis haha.

lol eat pizza and still be in ketosis ... nice! :giggle:

I do understand why people want to do different approaches and if thats the case maybe lipotrim isnt the diet for them. Maybe something like cambridge or another vlc diet that allows meals would suit them better.

There is one where you have weekends 'off' but i cant remember the name of it....

With this you could technically have weekends off, as long as you eat zero carbs. Having two days high calories and the rest low calories would still mean you loose weight overall anyway. haha.

But yeah. I'm sticking to the shakes. 2 a day (as supposed to be for men). 5 litres of water. And 3 thermobol. Seems to be working for me so far and I think i'll stick with it. haha

2 a day??? lol x ye must be going up the walls.... you are right again tho, I have researched many diets, for instance that of a boxer, who would regularly go in and out of ketosis to get optimum results, but summergirl really is proof in the pudding, stick to it and youll look amazing, detract and you can either fall off the wagon, slow your losses, but still get there.... you are very informative tho, you should start your own consultancy when your optimum weight and looking fab, and I think summergirl should be a lipotrim advocate/councillor.... jesus id love a few voddys lol xxx

I really would hate for the original person who posted this to fall off the wagon after one night which is why i am trying to get my point across.

Whats a few months of no food or alcohol to be happy, healthy and slim? To me there was no contest, a few months of abstience was the way forward.

But i can see both sides of the coin.

It is much harder the second/third/fourth time around which is why i am trying to deter you away from having a night off. It isnt easy but if you think you can handle it good luck and go for it :)

and haha :giggle: i'd love to be a LT rep but unfortunatly they dont have them! lol

Hi Cruncy, I completely understand what refeeding is about and will look forward to do that when I have reached my goal weight. I don't find it scarey at all.

Thats good. Can I have some of that because refeed to me is a bit scary!!

What I really don't want to do right now is eat food at all, but know I have to in order to bring me out of ketosis in order to have a night out in Easter where I will have some Vodka.

I think that is the key isnt it. Ketosis + alcohol = :ambulance:

I do go out a lot socially (and have continued to do so whilst on LT), to pubs, over to the canteen at lunch time with work colleagues, to birthday celebrations, on dates with blokes etc etc - and I am fine with not eating and not drinking.

Its funny how you can adapt. I find others seem to have more of a problem.

But the Easter evening out is a planned night out and I do intend to drink.

Hope you have fun. You'll have to post back how it went.

Easter seems so far away at the moment. I thought Id be more bothered about not having chocolate but I havent thought about unhealthy foods only craved healthy ones! V bizarre.

Good luck!!

Hi again... I don't intend on falling off the wagon (famous last words and all that) hence posting this for advice about the best type of food/meal to have.

Summer you asked somewhere a little further up about doing such an extreme diet and having weekends off. I don't see this as a weekend off at all, and essentially I don't have any issues with foods at all. I don't consider that I had a bad diet before joining LT but wanted something extreme to drop the stones that I do need to lose quickly. I stopped smoking the same way. Abstinence works for me - through choice. I am not a person that could do any other diet where I have to keep thinking about food.

Some of us choose extreme because that's what suits us. Regardless of what it says on the LT bag if a little tweaking is what can keep someone focussed and doing the diet then that is what works for them. This is what I meant about not being put on a guilt trip because not following the letter of the law.

Ha ha crunchy, ah yes all those Easter Eggs and lets not forget Mother's Day boxes of choccies.

I probably only ate chocolate once a month anyway - so not a major issue for me.

Good luck to all those previous chocoholics though x

Gotta aggree with you on this. I actually dropped from 21.5 stone in january to 19.8 stone at start of march via general diet and exercise but wanted something drastic to get the weight off quicker to get back in shape to start training again. And. Being single I'm sure it wont be a problem there either! haha. Looking forward to somewhere when i might finally have a decent body again :D

Most of us dont actually realise the relationship we have with food untill its actually taken away from us.

I dont mean to be pattonising but right now you may think you dont have a problem with food but a few weeks down the line when youve lost some weight, feeling better etc been without food in certain situations you may come to notice the relationship with food you have.

Most of us who are on a TFR have some form of 'bad' relationship with food and it may take us a while to realise it, i know for me it took me a few weeks but others it may take less or more time.

Anyways look, have a good time out, you are now aware of the consequences of alcohol and ketosis and eating something high in carbs for one day but none the less have a good night and most importantly stay safe ....

Man i sound like a mum.... lol

Hey Lipolisa,

now I am only on this four weeks but I had a night like yours on thursday.

I had a black tie event with work and had no option where or not to go (job paid a lot of money for me to be there and I was expected to turn up). I explained to the the chemist when I started this night was coming up and she advised against doing a refeed. She said just to eat on the night and avoid carbs. That was my plan but on the day...

I decided I was having a lunch (had a bagal) then I ate the dinner including potatoes and I had 2 drinks (over 4 hours). I did feel drunk, which would be very quick for me and I felt uncomfortably bloated.

The next day I had my weigh in and was fully expecting to be up and had made my peace with that. I just couldnt wait for today to start my new week. Turned out I was down two!!

I dont know if this helps just thought I would share. Having that day off actually made me look forward to getting back to shakes!!

Have fun :D
Nel

Hi Nelly, thanks for your contribution. I can see that we started around the same time, so it's great to hear that you were able to have a planned blip, and still stick to the programme.

Good luck for your next weigh in too.

Lisa x

:DOoo got a bit heated in here,lol
I don't come on for a day and look what happens! Now now boys and girls play nice.:giggle:

I had a few planned blips last time i did LT and did it again this time for a weekend while on CD, as you can see this time i put 4lbs on but that was over 2 weeks and i was ill so hence the 2 weeks not 2 days. I lost the 4lbs in 2 days, so not too bad i don't think. I ate and drank alcohol but did try to keep up my water as it helped alot.
Have a good time LL i'm sure you will be fine hun.:)

Thanks very much ladies that has given me some thoughts. The eating of the chips with the steak wouldn't really be an issue for me because I never really ate chips much before LT anyhow. I didn't have issues with food at all, just diets lol!!

So maybe better to have a steak and jacket (going out for this meal remember) at lunch time and then some steamed veggies (have in the freezer) before going out in the evening.

I have some ketosis stix so that I can check status.

My will power is strong, and no opportunity of a fry up in the house the next morning - non of those products are ever in my house. But there is definitely the 'when drunk trip to the takeaway' possibility and i'd usually opt for pizza!! but it'd be a massive pizza so maybe I should opt for the chips instead at that point - if that does happen.

So would lunchtime meal be better?

Lisa x

Just a thought and don't mean to sound negative but if you don't have food issues and have strong willpower, why are you needing to diet? Don't want to sound funny, but it seemed an odd thing to say as I would have thought we must all have problems with food on here or we wouldn't be in this predicament of having to do such drastic measures.:break_diet:

Thats what i was trying to get across Nenya - thanks :giggle:

Erm. I have strong willpower. Im on the diet. I do have strong will power. I wanted rapid weightloss and fast results.

EVERYONE after a drink has different things that are tempting. Thats pretty much the number one reason not to drink on a diet, not including the empty calories of the alcohol.

Think that was a bit of a wasted statement. If this person was anything like me i lost almost two stone through willpower and exercise. Now I want rapid results. Thats the only reason. Nothing to do with will power. If you dont have will power you wouldnt be on the diet in the first place, never mind the reason your on it. Its easy to gain the weight by not being carefull. Nothing to do with willpower. And to be on this diet requires you to totally turn away from food. One "organised" mistake isnt a problem. That shows willpower to try and control yourself.

IMO Willpower is the key part of this diet. If you dont have it you fail.

Just a thought and don't mean to sound negative but if you don't have food issues and have strong willpower, why are you needing to diet? Don't want to sound funny, but it seemed an odd thing to say as I would have thought we must all have problems with food on here or we wouldn't be in this predicament of having to do such drastic measures.:break_diet:

OMG ladies - I started off this thread with the words - I don't wish to be JUDGED and I don't wish to be put on a guilt trip. Quite why you believe that everyone on LT has to have issues is beyond me.

The whole concept of having an 'issue' is a psychological one and I completely understand that some people have an unhealthy relationship with food.

If it helps I have issues with raw cheese, tea and fish - however, that is more to do with my Mother issues than anything do to with the actual food.

Honestly, I feel affronted really. I have weight to lose and picked LT as the way to do it and don't feel I have to justify why.

Please, with respect, just accept that we are not all the same, we arrive where we are for different reasons and deal with things differently too.

K but I wouldn't mess with alcohol without coming completely out of ketosis. I have read accounts of people having been hospitalised with severe problems and their organs shutting down because of this, also the fact that you can put on up to 10 pounds if you don't refeed properly before eating ordinary foods. Your call at the end of the day so enjoy it if you do, and my appreciation at being able to tell the difference between lose and loose x. (Bad spelling drives me mad! lol)

Ha ha Nenya, to be honest everytime I write lose I do sound out the word loose to check in my head! The word that drives me crazy to hear is 'nothink' instead of 'nothing' - that Nanny on the TV uses it all the time and I just want to slap her for it!

And yes, right from the very begining I had every intention of coming out of ketosis in order to drink some alcohol. I had read all the dangers in one of the stickies on here. Having said that, I knew it would be a little contentious to even ask - but I did want ideas of what to eat.

Think I have that angle covered now.

Thanks everyone for your contribution. Lisa x

Last edited:
Just bumping this thread up as Easter is fast approaching and from what I've been reading this morning there are a few people that are also in similar situations this weekend.

Hope they update too. I will be.

Week 7 weigh in this morning yee haa. x Lisa x

Back